Options

Bad Radio

CinSynCinSyn Posts: 13
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I was listening to a song called "I'm Alive" by Bad Radio. I think if PJ did that now it would sound awesome. Bad Radio had a good sound.
"It wasn't always like this..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CinSyn wrote:
    I was listening to a song called "I'm Alive" by Bad Radio. I think if PJ did that now it would sound awesome. Bad Radio had a good sound.

My favorite BR song is the one that goes "I Wanted You to Know ohhhh oohhh Ohhh, ohhh Ohhh Ohh Ohhh, (chorus) Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh Ohhh, Ohhh Ohhhh).

Awesome!
    model role model
  • Options
    emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    I wanna hear it too :D
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    CinSyn wrote:

my favorite Bad Radio song. Crossroads is a good one too. not much of a fan of the rest.

"What do ya want? Something profound in every verse?"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ReleaseMe...ReleaseMe... Posts: 494
    how do you get these songs?
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    gremmie.net!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    ReleaseMe...ReleaseMe... Posts: 494
    pweafer4 wrote:
    gremmie.net!
    you the man (or woman)
    thanks!
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    What do you want, something profound in every verse?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    was reading this and just had to get on it. this confrims a lot of my thinking that we are probably the greediest fans of any band. we just keep wishing for the impossible; every album, every show, we have this expectation to be blown away, mostly because we've been given it for so long. not putting anyone down, cuz im praying every day to hear "believe you me"
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    hailhailCW wrote:
    was reading this and just had to get on it. this confrims a lot of my thinking that we are probably the greediest fans of any band. we just keep wishing for the impossible; every album, every show, we have this expectation to be blown away, mostly because we've been given it for so long. not putting anyone down, cuz im praying every day to hear "believe you me"

what are you talking about your first post ever doesnt make much sense
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    gremmie.net: blasting Bad Radio through bad speakers since 1998
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    CinSynCinSyn Posts: 13
    BinFrog wrote:
    What do you want, something profound in every verse?
    Any way I was thinking about rap music in general and I feel bad
    I mean where you gonna go after the Beverly Hillbillies rap hit it's peak in the 60's
    "It wasn't always like this..."
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    My favorite BR song is the one that goes "I Wanted You to Know ohhhh oohhh Ohhh, ohhh Ohhh Ohh Ohhh, (chorus) Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh Ohhh, Ohhh Ohhhh).

Awesome!

"I just wanted you to know" is probably my favorite of Bad Radio.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    "I just wanted you to know" is probably my favorite of Bad Radio.

Homeless
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    Homeless

Yeah, I believe it's listed as "Just wanted you to know" on Halluciogenic Recipe.

I just checked...it is.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    CinSyn wrote:
    Any way I was thinking about rap music in general and I feel bad
    I mean where you gonna go after the Beverly Hillbillies rap hit it's peak in the 60's

You know it ;)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Maybe back then it would've been ok, but I first heard Bad Radio about 5 years ago....and I think it's horrible.... That Vedder guy probably feels the same way. I mean, they were no Shadow...
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I would really liked a Bad Radio album.. Homeless (if I'm not wrong this song was written by Ed) is simply a masterpiece, and would be perfect played by pearl jam, that little blues solo in A at the end, Mike could extend it a little more..
    The only bad things about Bad Radio, I have to say it, are the word "Bad" in the band's name and the awful look of Eddie Vedder in that era, check this video to see what I mean, isn't that X on his pants simply ridiculous?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnXZQ-z5mvU