FAQ from Alpine Valley

capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
edited August 2011 in The Porch
Just got this email from them, not sure if there is really anything new here that we all don't already know, but I figured I would post it just in case...

See you this weekend for the Pearl Jam Destination Weekend! Here are some FAQs to help you prepare for the show:

==Alpine Valley Music Theatre FAQs==

Q: What are the times I need to know for the Pearl Jam shows?
A: Parking lots, will call windows, and the box office will open at 9:00am. Do not arrive to the theatre or surrounding roadways prior to this time. Early entry to the parking lots will not be offered for the Pearl Jam shows. Gates to the theatre will open at 11:00am, and the bands begin at 12:00pm. The show is expected to end at 11:30pm.

Q: What can I bring into the theatre for the Pearl Jam shows?
A: You may bring the following into the theatre for the show: extra clothes, small blankets, small backpacks or bags, purses, factory-sealed or empty water bottles up to 1 gallon in size, empty Camelbaks, food in clear Ziploc-style containers, soft cooler, low level lawn chairs (no more than 5‰ off the ground), small personal umbrellas, and non-professional cameras.

Q: Is re-entry permitted to and from the parking lots throughout the day?
A: Re-entry will not be permitted for these shows. Once you have left the theatre, you will not be permitted to re-enter.

Q: What bands are performing, what stage, and when?
A: A downloadable venue map and complete lineup with tentative set times is on http://s3.amazonaws.com/com.pj20/AlpineMap.pdf . Keep in mind that the reserved seating and lawn areas for the main stage will open at 3:00pm.

Q: Where do VIP or Expo Pass guests enter the theatre?
A: These guests should enter at the VIP entrance which is located under the canopy to the main Expo building next to gate #1.

Q: Where do I park?
A: VIP Parking, motorcycles, and oversize vehicles should enter at the main theatre entrance and you‚ll be directed to the proper parking area. All other vehicles will be directed to the closest available parking lots based upon traffic flow.

Q: I am a Ten Club member, can I use a special gate to get into the theatre itself?
A: Yes! Gate #1 is reserved exclusively for Ten Club members.

Q: I am bringing a bus, RV, camper, or other oversize vehicle to the show; do I need to do anything special?
A: Yes, you should enter only at the main theatre entrance and you will be directed to the proper parking area. Also, oversize vehicles are subject to a $100 parking fee (cash only) upon entry. Limos are subject to a $75 fee. In addition, oversize vehicles are not permitted to park in the VIP and Premium Parking areas.

Q: What are things I cannot bring in to the Pearl Jam shows?
A: The following is a list of common items that will not permitted into the theatre for these shows: All audio and video recording devices; any cameras with detachable lenses; cans or bottles of any kind (other than factory-sealed or empty water bottles); large blankets and tarps; high lawn chairs; golf umbrellas; strollers; sharp, studded or pointed jewelry or clothing; weapons of any kind including pocket knives, pepper spray or wallet chains; laser pointers or glow sticks; banners, flags, or signs; fireworks of any kind; and any other items deemed to be unsafe by theatre management. This list is subject to change at any time per tour requests. Our information line at 262.642.4400 is updated with this information as soon as we receive it from the tour.

Q: I need disabled accessible parking. What do I do?
A: Enter at the Alpine Valley RESORT entrance which is ∏ mile east of the theatre entrance and you will be directed to the proper parking area. This is located at an entrance that has an „A-Frame‰ structure over it. Shuttle service is provided from the disabled accessible lot to the theatre and the second stage areas (but not to/from the other parking lots).

Q: Can I park overnight at Alpine Valley? Can I camp at Alpine Valley?
A: Unfortunately, county ordinances prohibit us from allowing overnight parking and we are not offering camping for any shows this season.

Q: Where are nearby campgrounds or lodging?
A: Visit http://www.reserveamerica.com for local campgrounds. Search popular travel sites for hotels in East Troy, Elkhorn, Mukwonago, Delavan, Lake Geneva, and surrounding areas for lodging options.

Q: I lost something at an Alpine Valley show, what do I do?
A: Send an e-mail with a description of what you lost with as many details as possible along with your contact information to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lost@alpinestaff.com">lost@alpinestaff.com</a><!-- e -->.

Q: I just got my tickets and my lawn seats have rows and seat numbers on them, what does this mean?
A: All lawn seating at Alpine Valley is general admission. The row and seat numbers on lawn tickets are for recordkeeping purposes only.

Q: I just got my tickets and my seat numbers are not sequential, what‚s does this mean?
A: Reserved seats are numbered as follows: Sections 101 & 201- Odd numbers (1,3,5...) with lower numbers beginning at the center aisle. Sections 103 & 203- Even numbers (2,4,6∑) with lower numbers beginning at the center aisle. Sections 102 & 202- Sequential numbers (100,101,102∑) beginning with 100, moving from stage left to stage right.

Q: How do I buy tickets for Alpine Valley shows?
A: Tickets for all Alpine Valley shows are available at livenation.com, ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 800.745.3000.

Q: How do I get to the theatre, I cannot find anything online?
A: Visit http://www.livenation.com, search for Alpine Valley, then click „Driving Directions.‰

Regards,
Alpine Valley Music Theatre
* Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
* Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
* Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
* East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
* Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JR86440JR86440 Posts: 732
    I call BS on the show ending at 1130 but I have to say, if I am spending all this money and time to see PJ and they only play for 2 hours each night, I am not going to be happy.. yes, this is a PJ fest but lets be honest, it isnt a "true" festival where the top bill only gets 1.5/2hrs...at least I hope not.. not too worried about it but would definitely be a let down..
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    No flags? Aww Dimitris, Hinn!!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • i sincerely hope the concert does not finish at 11.30 if PJ start at 9.30
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    What's new is the lawn and seats opening at 3pm....this will probably change my arrival time...I thought that we'd be able to go sit on the lawn before this to hang out/relax :( :?

no flags? With at least 32 countries being represented this weekend, that's SUCKS! I feel bad for Dimi...
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    JR86440 wrote:
    I call BS on the show ending at 1130 but I have to say, if I am spending all this money and time to see PJ and they only play for 2 hours each night, I am not going to be happy.. yes, this is a PJ fest but lets be honest, it isnt a "true" festival where the top bill only gets 1.5/2hrs...at least I hope not.. not too worried about it but would definitely be a let down..

me too...i hope this curfew will not make their set shorter than a "regular" set..not acceptable
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 205
    What's new is the lawn and seats opening at 3pm....this will probably change my arrival time...I thought that we'd be able to go sit on the lawn before this to hang out/relax :( :?

no flags? With at least 32 countries being represented this weekend, that's SUCKS! I feel bad for Dimi...

I agree...there is no way I'll get there before 3 p.m. just to stand on a huge cement slab and some dirt with limited bathroom/concession access for several hours. I wonder if the museum will be accessible before 3 p.m. Very strange that the nice, grassy lawn area will not be open for people to relax and chill.
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Screw 11:30, they played a slightly longer set at Lollapalooza and I have a feeling they'll break curfew here too.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    i thought (audio) taping was allowed at PJ shows?
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Are PJ gonna put this shows up on the site as audio soundboard? I hope so. Usually, PJ allows audience tapings, and I hope Alpine is informed of this, Hope PJ still does. Usually if I know there is gonna be a soundboard show, I just go for those if they are available.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12