Volume/Pan Pedal Advice

OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
edited August 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
I want to get a volume/pan pedal but know nothing about them in terms of what kind (mono or stereo). I’m not really into the volume aspect so much as I’m looking to pan between my Deville and HT-40. I’m thinking about an Ernie Ball but any advice or experience would be helpful.

Thanks!
BRING BACK THE WHALE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I was searching for the same thing awhile back and the only one I could find was the Ernie Ball. I couldn't find many positive reviews for it, and since I couldn't really try it out I didn't bother with it.
  • prsjam10prsjam10 Posts: 16
    what are you trying to achieve with the panning? if it is just amp switching try an a/b switch. if it is for a delay/echo effect check out a boss dd3 or dd5 delay. both offer options for stereo panning.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    prsjam10 wrote:
    what are you trying to achieve with the panning? if it is just amp switching try an a/b switch. if it is for a delay/echo effect check out a boss dd3 or dd5 delay. both offer options for stereo panning.

I'm assuming he's wanting to use it like Stoney G>>>1 clean amp, 1 dirty amp and the panner/volume to blend the 2 in different increments.
    ok got it. you made the right call by not getting the EB pedal as they are over priced and cheaply made.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    DewieCox wrote:
    prsjam10 wrote:

I'm assuming he's wanting to use it like Stoney G>>>1 clean amp, 1 dirty amp and the panner/volume to blend the 2 in different increments.

Yep, exactly! I like the idea of playing two amps at different levels i.e. dirty at 40% and clean at 60% etc. and going back and forth between the two. I did look at A/B switches but its 100% of one or the other and 50% each, would like some more articulation between the two.

I got some pedals that sound great with one amp and other pedals with the other amp and just thought it would be cool to have more of a layered sound.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
    Another option to explore is having one built. I would check with a local store to get the name of the person/persons who do their amp repairs. In my past experiences, the guys who do these sorts of things can build any kind of device such as custom rack switches or something like Mikes speed control pedal for his roto vibe and leslie effect. I am sure one of these repair guys could take an old beat up wah pedal and convert it to a pan. This stuff can usually be done for about the same money as buying one stock, but set to your custom specifications. I wish I had the skills the repair guys possess.