PJ and Other Bands Should Make Workout Gear

ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been wondering for a while why no bands that I listen to have sold workout shirts or shorts. I would love to have a PJ shirt that I can run in or workout in. Under Armour, Dri Fit, Clima Cool...whatever. Also great for hot ass days and music fests. Am I the only one?
This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ComeToTX wrote:
    Am I the only one?

a big yes
  • I thought PJ had sweat bands for a while…
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Am I the only one?

a big yes

:lol:
  • Vertical leap training shoes would be cool.

seinfeld-shoes.jpg
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Jeff has wristbands that have PJ and JA stitched on them...he tosses them out to peeps in the crowd...I want one of those...yes, even if it's all wet with sweat.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    Ya'll are gay!! LOL LOL :lol::lol::lol:
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    not that theres anything wrong with it....
  • curly wrote:
    not that theres anything wrong with it....

good save....... not.... (that was so 1992)
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Am I the only one?

a big yes

So none of you would buy a PJ Under Armour shirt to wear to the gym? Not a very active bunch I guess.
  • ComeToTX wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Am I the only one?

a big yes

So none of you would buy a PJ Under Armour shirt to wear to the gym? Not a very active bunch I guess.

no, i would say to myself "why is pearl jam trying to profit off of something like that, when a) they're not that type of band b) its not cool and PJ is kinda cool....plus they never would, they stand for the music and if it has zero to do with music or making the world a little better they wouldn't do it. Lil'Wayne or Bieber may do such a thing. just my guess...you can always buy a shirt and get something put onto it by a t-shirt making company if your that hard up.

i would also then say "wonder if i drop kicked that person for wearing that shirt, would i get caught and would that be the only drop kick i'd have to give"
    So selling a T shirt is fine but selling a shirt out of a material that drys faster is whoring themselves out? If they made a PJ20 out of a Dry fit material instead of cotton it stands less for the music?

They make Vans shoes for skateboarding. It's 100 degrees today and all the kids at the skatepark down the street are wearing dry fit shirts and basketball shorts.
  • ComeToTX wrote:
    So selling a T shirt is fine but selling a shirt out of a material that drys faster is whoring themselves out? If they made a PJ20 out of a Dry fit material instead of cotton it stands less for the music?

They make Vans shoes for skateboarding. It's 100 degrees today and all the kids at the skatepark down the street are wearing dry fit shirts and basketball shorts.

short answer, yes...

stay inside and turn on your pearl jam air conditioner.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    Vertical leap training shoes would be cool.

seinfeld-shoes.jpg

jimmy's got some new moves
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    ComeToTX wrote:

no, i would say to myself "why is pearl jam trying to profit off of something like that, when a) they're not that type of band b) its not cool and PJ is kinda cool....plus they never would, they stand for the music and if it has zero to do with music or making the world a little better they wouldn't do it. Lil'Wayne or Bieber may do such a thing. just my guess...you can always buy a shirt and get something put onto it by a t-shirt making company if your that hard up.

i would also then say "wonder if i drop kicked that person for wearing that shirt, would i get caught and would that be the only drop kick i'd have to give"

:?

i don't care one way or the other. no offense, though, but i think your reasons for not doing it pretty stupid.
    www.myspace.com
  • the real reason is which i think is the answer your looking for...

Pearl Jam as an entity is a business, if they plastered their name everywhere when they first came out, they wouldn't be around today. They are keeping a level of commerce out of the mainstream to maintain their level of "coolness". The band KISS has turned into a joke because of their marketing. Pearl Jam leaves their audiences with wanting more, in order to get this they cannot put their name on everything. Now is work out wear everything, definately not, but where do they draw the line. They have Van shows because Ament is a skateboarder, therefore his opinion of coolness is to do just that. Does that mean he should put the bands name on skateboards? no, but could they, yes? there are business descisions to be made on this stuff.

The band is not doing it for the money although i'm sure they wouldn't do it for free, although they do that too? so if you cannot understand why they are not putting their name on a workout shirt, then you're a moron...oh yeah no offence
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    the real reason is which i think is the answer your looking for...

Pearl Jam as an entity is a business, if they plastered their name everywhere when they first came out, they wouldn't be around today. They are keeping a level of commerce out of the mainstream to maintain their level of "coolness". The band KISS has turned into a joke because of their marketing. Pearl Jam leaves their audiences with wanting more, in order to get this they cannot put their name on everything. Now is work out wear everything, definately not, but where do they draw the line. They have Van shows because Ament is a skateboarder, therefore his opinion of coolness is to do just that. Does that mean he should put the bands name on skateboards? no, but could they, yes? there are business descisions to be made on this stuff.

The band is not doing it for the money although i'm sure they wouldn't do it for free, although they do that too? so if you cannot understand why they are not putting their name on a workout shirt, then you're a moron...oh yeah no offence

One simple question IF PJ decided to put their name on a workout shirt or any other piece of marketing are YOU going to abandon the band? Yes KISS is a joke but KISS is Kiss and PJ is who they are a band making a living.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• of course i'm not going to bail on the band, your putting the cart before the horse. Somebody with the mentallity of putting their names on everything would not have the time or will to make great music, tour like they do and support WM3. If you really understood the band, the lyrics, their performances you wouldn't ask the question. The only reason to put your name on workout wear is strictly for the cash, and to my knowledge they have never done anything strictly for the cash. If they do , they would donate to charity. For example put their name on a workout shirt and donate the proceeds to helping people understand why they're not wanting to put their name on a workout shirt.

Please keep in mind you do have the option at your fingertips to make your own pearl jam shirt online.

now i gotta go play with my pearl jam mouse, with my pearl jam computer and get back to work
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i'd like a set of pearl jam swimming trunks please. the grateful dead too.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    chadwick wrote:
    i'd like a set of pearl jam swimming trunks please. the grateful dead too.
    I'd buy both of these.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tshirts and socks...what more do you need.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Vertical leap training shoes would be cool.

seinfeld-shoes.jpg

jimmy's got some new moves

:lol:

jimmy's got his eyes on you
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    of course i'm not going to bail on the band, your putting the cart before the horse. Somebody with the mentallity of putting their names on everything would not have the time or will to make great music, tour like they do and support WM3. If you really understood the band, the lyrics, their performances you wouldn't ask the question. The only reason to put your name on workout wear is strictly for the cash, and to my knowledge they have never done anything strictly for the cash. If they do , they would donate to charity. For example put their name on a workout shirt and donate the proceeds to helping people understand why they're not wanting to put their name on a workout shirt.

Please keep in mind you do have the option at your fingertips to make your own pearl jam shirt online.

now i gotta go play with my pearl jam mouse, with my pearl jam computer and get back to work

Uh, they've already put their name on some ridiculous shit so let's not act like they are above plastering PJ20 all over an UnderArmour shirt and selling it.

They don't do it b/c there's not a big demand for it, so there's not a whole lot of money to be made. I also think that they think they'd alienate a decent percentage of their fanbase putting their name on everything, so they take their chances with it when they can.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    of course i'm not going to bail on the band, your putting the cart before the horse. Somebody with the mentallity of putting their names on everything would not have the time or will to make great music, tour like they do and support WM3. If you really understood the band, the lyrics, their performances you wouldn't ask the question. The only reason to put your name on workout wear is strictly for the cash, and to my knowledge they have never done anything strictly for the cash. If they do , they would donate to charity. For example put their name on a workout shirt and donate the proceeds to helping people understand why they're not wanting to put their name on a workout shirt.

Uh, they've already put their name on some ridiculous shit so let's not act like they are above plastering PJ20 all over an UnderArmour shirt and selling it.

They don't do it b/c there's not a big demand for it, so there's not a whole lot of money to be made. I also think that they think they'd alienate a decent percentage of their fanbase putting their name on everything, so they take their chances with it when they can.

agreed, but the PJ20 might be just a matter of marketing, need to cover costs etc. They have a lot riding on it, and may not be enough for knuckleheads like us to depend on covering the costs. And some of the odd things they put their name on may have little to do with what they think. Granted that could be the aunder armour shirt, but the person that posted this asked a question and i answered it. don't ask for the truth
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    They have Van shows because Ament is a skateboarder, therefore his opinion of coolness is to do just that. Does that mean he should put the bands name on skateboards? no, but could they, yes? there are business descisions to be made on this stuff.

that "business decision" was made a few years ago

signed-skateboard.jpg

and there is another one too, can't find a pic of it though.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • i guess skateboards was a bad example...

how about tents? LOL
    They've made shorts before. I have a pair. I just wish the made some basketball shorts. The do love some basketball.

If this makes me a moron so be it.
  • Give it time. Pearl Jam will slap their name on just about anything
  • brother123 wrote:
    Give it time. Pearl Jam will slap their name on just about anything

yeah probably, especially when we call keep downloading free music! (wink)