The Wrestler in Real Life Ric Flair

m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Man this is insanely sad :cry:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Man this is insanely sad :cry:
    Sad....that's the word I was looking for, Thank you
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • he should write a book. bam...instant infusion of cash...i know i would buy it...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    he should write a book. bam...instant infusion of cash...i know i would buy it...

You mean this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Ric-Flair-Be-Man/dp/0743456912

Also:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=166999

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wow.....

tough to feel sorry for somebody that blows his lotto ticket

but yes....tis a sad story
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    WOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    Grantland articles = Deadspin articles but longer
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Anyone care to summarize the story? I don't want to read the whole thing.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Anyone care to summarize the story? I don't want to read the whole thing.

Ric decided he didn't want to pay taxes, so now he is deeply in debt. He has been married 4 times. He has, essentially, bought into the character that he portrays.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Anyone care to summarize the story? I don't want to read the whole thing.

Ric decided he didn't want to pay taxes, so now he is deeply in debt. He has been married 4 times. He has, essentially, bought into the character that he portrays.

PBM

Oh man....

Wrestlers live really tragic lives. (btw, thanks for summarizing for me) :)
    Anyone care to summarize the story? I don't want to read the whole thing.

PBM

he also borrowed money from a bunch of friends....and was sued multiple times by them to get it back

was scammed by his insurance agent to the tune of $1M plus

pissed away a shit load of money on clothes, jewelery, and travel
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    he also borrowed money from a bunch of friends....and was sued multiple times by them to get it back

was scammed by his insurance agent to the tune of $1M plus

pissed away a shit load of money on clothes, jewelery, and travel

Yeah I figured he pissed a lot away. They all do. Just look at Hogan. But he also got screwed by his wife(not the good kind of screwed either), but that's a whole other story...
    Part of me thinks that Vince needs to take better care of these guys, but then again they go into it knowing what the risks are. So :?:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Part of me thinks that Vince needs to take better care of these guys, but then again they go into it knowing what the risks are. So :?:

If he didn't piss away all his money on stupid shit, bad investments, etc, he'd have several million in the bank.

according to the article, he was still making 22K per month....although he hasn't been paid in several months...i think that's what's what it said...

plus he is giving his grown children an allowance. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

If he didn't piss away all his money on stupid shit, bad investments, etc, he'd have several million in the bank.

according to the article, he was still making 22K per month....although he hasn't been paid in several months...i think that's what's what it said...

Oh I totally agree - and that's the sad part to me because I love The Man but seeing who he really is is quite a bumout. In regards to Vince, I meant he needs to take better care of them in terms of health insurance and retirement funds. But then he'd probably go broke too.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Oh I totally agree - and that's the sad part to me because I love The Man but seeing who he really is is quite a bumout. In regards to Vince, I meant he needs to take better care of them in terms of health insurance and retirement funds. But then he'd probably go broke too.

dude made millions and he needs a retirement fund. :?: don't think i buy that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Not all of them make millions you know!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i don't buy it either and he hasn't work for vince in years. Flair has been working for TNA aka impact wrestling for a few years and supposedly they will be going belly up soon .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

no, the nobody's that get beat up weekly don't, but from what i can gather in my google searches, all the stars are well into the 6 figures and super stars are pulling down a million plus. there was something that showed Triple H made 3.8M in half a year for everything he did. (wrestling/movie/royalties/etc)

i'd be happy to make 4-500,000 a year for 10 years.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    metsfan wrote:
    i don't buy it either and he hasn't work for vince in years. Flair has been working for TNA aka impact wrestling for a few years and supposedly they will be going belly up soon .

Oh wow, really? I've been so far removed from wrestling for so long....

And take a look at my original quote - I wasn't saying that they SHOULD be getting benefits. I merely brought it up for debate. They know getting into the industry what the risks are so can we really feel all that bad for them? The whole thing's a shitshow these days anyway. Flair royally screwed his life up but at least we can still enjoy the craziness he brought to the ring.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

no, the nobody's that get beat up weekly don't, but from what i can gather in my google searches, all the stars are well into the 6 figures and super stars are pulling down a million plus. there was something that showed Triple H made 3.8M in half a year for everything he did. (wrestling/movie/royalties/etc)

i'd be happy to make 4-500,000 a year for 10 years.
    Well....Triple H is married to the boss's daughter. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Oh wow, really? I've been so far removed from wrestling for so long....

And take a look at my original quote - I wasn't saying that they SHOULD be getting benefits. I merely brought it up for debate. They know getting into the industry what the risks are so can we really feel all that bad for them? The whole thing's a shitshow these days anyway. Flair royally screwed his life up but at least we can still enjoy the craziness he brought to the ring.
    most fans are cause wrestling sucks these days lol but anyways.

i don't feel bad for these guys for the money they make, i feel bad for them cause they're literally on the road the whole year

flair is in my top 10 greatest wrestlers
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Wow- I knew Flair had some personal and money issues but this is much worse than I thought.