Cell phone company...

AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Who do you have? What do you think of the price of the plan? Do you get great service or dropped calls?
"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I think it depends on your area. I never had dropped calls with T-Mobile. I recently switched to Verizon and it's been a nightmare. I thought Verizon was supposed to be good and I only switched for the verizon to verizon benefits. Bad choice for me.
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I have Verizon now and they are great but cost a fortune! So I'm looking for a cheaper company or maybe a pay as you go type thing that will not drop calls on me.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I have AT&T and I rarely have any problems. I considered switching to Verizon once they got the iPhone but I just don't really see the point if I'm perfectly happy with what I have now, and Verizon is more expensive. I do drop calls every once in a while but it's not nearly enough for it to really bug me.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    Thanks! I drop calls every now and then too so that's not really a difference for the price.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I love Consumer Cellular. They may not be for everyone, but you can change plans for no charge at any time. I pretty much only use mine while out of town so works well for me. As far as coverage, it has worked everywhere we have been, from Canada to Eureka, CA which is a place a lot of people have trouble. Behind the Redwood Curtain as it's called locally. :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Verizon

Android and an Iphone 700 Shared Mins - Unlimited Text/Data

$148 a month

Service is good haven't had issues with dropped calls
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    we have sprint...two evo's. we have insurance and with our discount it runs 169....we cancelled our home phone/internet to help cover the cost. no real complaints. before that we had tmobile prepaids and they worked well and were cheap....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i've been with verizon for about 8 years, never any problems never any dropped calls, i've been all over the country and always had service, cost was always reasonable. as long as long as this keeps up, i'll stay with verizon.
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm looking into EVERY company so all the info and opinions help me a LOT!
  • I have Verizon now and they are great but cost a fortune! So I'm looking for a cheaper company or maybe a pay as you go type thing that will not drop calls on me.
    I love my verizon plan, but fucking HATE the price.. think I'll go back to Cricket..MUCH cheaper.. just as reliable, no contract, no "oh can't pay me.. that'll cost you four hundred more dollars.."
  • I have Verizon. Rarely do I have any issues w/ dropped calls or anything like that. Get a 20% discount through my work which makes it even better!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631
    I have Verizon now and they are great but cost a fortune! So I'm looking for a cheaper company or maybe a pay as you go type thing that will not drop calls on me.
    I love my verizon plan, but fucking HATE the price.. think I'll go back to Cricket..MUCH cheaper.. just as reliable, no contract, no "oh can't pay me.. that'll cost you four hundred more dollars.."

I originally had Mountain Cellular- it was a great company, good rates, very personable- but they were bought out by Verizon. Now, Verizon would be unhappy with me for telling you this, but as much as I liked their coverage, I didn't care for their rates so I kept bugging them and eventually got through to somebody who set me up with a new plan that is very reasonable. Persistence with them does pay off! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I have ATT because you could only get an iphone through it when I got one. I like my iphone, but I think the texting plan is a RIPOFF and a money grab. It is only a few bytes of data but they charge separately for a data plan. Texting could just be included in the price for the amount of bandwidth it uses but as I said it is a money grab.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Had Verizon for about eight years and never had any problems with service. I did have some issues with a Blackberry that I had but it was a hardware issue and not a network issue. Verizon was actually very helpful during that process as well.
    I finally decided to try Virgin Mobile. I'll keep you updated.....
    Ok, here we are a few years later, anyone have advice?
    Best plans, best pay as you go? Curious...
  • I use a company called Cricket Wireless. And I love them! I pay 50 flat for everything, I have an iPhone, and I get the 4G network, unlimited Data, blah blah. For that 50. No dropped calls, great servjce, and the phones aren't pieces of shit! Lol I reay like them. Don't know where you are at, but Crucket us not everywhere, they started out in Kansas City, which is where I discovered them, and when I moved here to Colorado, they were here too.
  • I have boost mobile and it's better than tmobile in my area. My brother had Verizon and it was a dead zone for him at our house too. It depends on your area for sure. I pay $45 for unlimited talk and text and 5 gigs of data.
  • I have boost mobile and it's better than tmobile in my area. My brother had Verizon and it was a dead zone for him at our house too. It depends on your area for sure. I pay $45 for unlimited talk and text and 5 gigs of data.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    edited December 2014
    I have been with them all at some point and so far T-Mobile is the best been with them for about 5 years now and love them very seldom get dropped calls and have great service almost everywhere...it's a bit pricey but we have 4 lines and unlimited everything so it makes sense that it would be....lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Thanks everyone...appreciated
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    AT&T no dropped calls but I need a new phone and don't want to pay big $. I'm paying approx $105/mo but contract not up till July. Want to stay with iPhone, just upgrade. Any advice?
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I've got at n t and luckily been grandfathered in with unlimited data. Been with them about 6 years. Pay $97/month unlimited everything. No dropped calls of anything. But I'm hearing you can go to sprint for unlimited EVERYTHING FOR $60???
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    badbrains wrote: »
    I've got at n t and luckily been grandfathered in with unlimited data. Been with them about 6 years. Pay $97/month unlimited everything. No dropped calls of anything. But I'm hearing you can go to sprint for unlimited EVERYTHING FOR $60???

Yeah, I was grandfathered in the AT&T for unlimited data. Moved to an area with almost no service, so had to switch to Verizon. I like them much more and my month bill dropped from about $98 a month to $70. Only get 2 GB of data, but I really only use my cell phone for talk and text anyway. Plans have definitely become more affordable over the years.

Now we just have to see this happen to cable!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Hahahaha! Fuck cable!! You should not have to pay for that shit!! ( then again I don't really watch TV)
    Is AT&T still around??? Seems I remember someone bought them out?? Like ten years ago even?? Oh well, shows what I know! $-) <---- look a ten club shop smiley!!! Jk! Being a goofball today!
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Rarely do I drop calls...like maybe once or twice in a year. I have Verizon. Bill is a little high, but they just recently lowered all of their plans...so maybe they are headed in the right direction as far as cost goes. But overall, customer service for Verizon Wireless has been awesome. Never a problem there either.

Regular Verizon however, their customer service is the absolute worst...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.