Options

The kindness of strangers - EPOTTSIII

topetope Posts: 37
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Just wanted to get some recognition going for the cool thing that happened to me through this board.

I live in NZ. Every time a Pearl Jam studio album has been released, right back since Ten, I have ordered a copy on vinyl. I successfully managed that right through to Riot Act, the last album on vinyl i secured through a record store. When their self titled came out in '06, I did the same thing I always do - ordered my copy and waited. Then I got the call from the store saying they just couldn't get a copy of it..... (due to increased demand for PJ vinyl, ahem, that's you guys ;-)

devestated ain't the word, I was gutted. The tribulations of living at the bottom of the earth...

Soooo to cut a long story short, I've kept my eyes peeled for a copy for 2 years, but of course the ones that come up on ebay are all pretty expensive, especially when you convert USD to NZD AND add on shipping costs. I didn't hold my breath when I saw someone (Earl) on here saying he had a spare copy. I messaged him, and he actually said yes, I could have it. Not only that, but for a bloody reasonable price too. Then after shipping etc I think Earl got even less than he planned for it.

This is one thing I have come to learn about this place - it is full of genuine people who like to help each other out. The record arrived today, in mint condition, and I can tell you I"m one happy girl.

So if there is ever anything you can do for another person you come accross on here, do it! Especially if it's EPOTTSIII asking, as I figure he's got a fair bit of good karma heading his way....

Now i have all the studio albums on vinyl, I'm going to start looking for the others.... :-)

tope
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,563
    Kudos to Earl. If I am ever in those shoes, I'll thank my lucky stars to be attached to this great community.

That being said, I'd like to think I'd do the same if someone else was in need and I had the "fortune" to give.

but I digress, kudos to Earl!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    yea a lot of good people on hear. all of the xmas give aways and such are proof of this. Cool that he hooked you up with a mint vinyl!!

A couple years ago I lost my entire pj collection. Absolute nightmare. A wonderful girl, who goes by westernsky on here, sent me all the studio albums and a few mixes and bootlegs to boot. She did this for no personal gain at all. I will always remember her and that act of kindness. Haven't seen her on here in awhile, hope she's ok!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Thanks Tope!

Been a hardcore fan for 16 years and love being a new member on here! If I can afford it at the time I share the wealth...
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,246
    Sweet! :cool:

Keep it up EPOTTSIII! :)