Options

Can you hear me, world?

topetope Posts: 37
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Do you know, I have loved Pearl Jam since my sister bought me Ten on tape for my birthday. The first concert I ever went to was Pearl Jam playing live at the Supertop at Mount Smart in Auckland. I was 14 (1994), dumb and nearly got killed in my dogged perserverance to be at the front when PJ came on. The Supertop, for the bulk of you who I imagine don't know, is a tent. A tent.

Pearl Jam have the amazing ability to grow with me, as the years have gone by, all of their music constantly appeals to me. In fact, if there ever was going to be a soundtrack to my life, it would be Pearl Jam.

And, as corny as it sounds, and as much as I cringe as I write this, Pearl Jam has (and continues to) helped me a fuckin lot in the 16 or so years I've known them. Even now, I find whatever mood I'm in, upset angry passive riled melancholic up or down, it helps a lot to listen, its wierd like the music is a friend or something......

So, here we go, the reason I decided to join up and write this post.... when are they ever coming back to NZ? I remember they came back once more, in '98, and the one concert in wellington that I could go to sold out, and I cried for two weeks. Seriously. And I was a grown up by that stage. But it's not just a band to me, ya see....or do you?

I heard at one stage that it was because there was nowhere big enough to hold all the people, well that excuse is out now. So what is it? Because I'm telling you it's not fair! I would really love to see them again, this time as an adult, could someone pleeease pass on the message? Or at least fill me in why PJ can come all the way to Australia and not manage that final little ditch jump over to us.

So I have no doubt that this one post is going to change the history of Pearl Jam playing live in NZ. Come on! I live in withdrawal.....

tope
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Man, I hope they come one day and I hope to be there too.

It's a great special feeling when they play in your country, they came once in Croatia 06 and I was there...emotion is high, specially when you hear Eddie speak Croatian for us :)

keep on rockin'
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Great first post :)

I hope you get your wish man, they're long overdue in a fair few places across the globe... I feel left out in England and they've played here in the last year(ish) :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    as a fellow kiwi fan i'm crossing my fingers with you, 10 years is WAAAAAAYY too long!!! although we did get ed at 7 WORLDS COLLIDE.....doesn't get much more special than that. come on back for a south pacific adventure guys, surf, play some songs with your finn friends, take a load off, make yourselves at home!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Man, I hope they come one day and I hope to be there too.

It's a great special feeling when they play in your country, they came once in Croatia 06 and I was there...emotion is high, specially when you hear Eddie speak Croatian for us :)

keep on rockin'
    Was it anything like his attempt at Polish in 07? :D
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110