Stupid stuff you did when you were a kid

2»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    At a buddy's house. Their parents asked us to rake the leaves. Couple hours of raking and a 6 foot high pile of leaves we decided we were going to burn it. Friend took out a canister of gasoline and poured the whole thing on the pile. Both standing next to the pile with books of matches. We each lit one and tossed it on...nothing happened. Got closer lit the second and WHOOOSH! Both of us got blown back like 6 feet. Following that was about a million burning leaves that were blown 30 feet in the sky raining down everywhere.

A friend and I (mostly him) burned down a field next to our house.

Apple fights! We'd chuck apples at eachother like they were water balloons...except they hurt really bad when you got hit. A neighbor friend was one of those "talkers"...the I can do anything better than anyone kind of people. He said he could climb to the top of this 60 foot tree. He made it all the way up, then we decided it would be fun to throw apples at him. One hit him in the face, and he hit every branch the way down. Hit the ground, and we ran for it! :lol: Not sure how he didn't die from that to be honest! :lol:

I also thought it would be fun to try to swim underwater underneath a pool solar cover. For those who don't have pools or are unaware...basically it's this giant blanket people put on top of the water to keep shit out and to warm the water when not in use. They are heavy as hell, and they form a seal ontop of the water. Made it about 3/4 of the way, ran out of breath, came up and was stuck under the cover. Started to freak out, hauled ass over to the side...things started to go black when I got out just in time. Damn near drown!
    Washing my first car with Mr. Clean.

That was a bad idea.

Hahahaha! What happened to it?
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Going down Butterfly Hill aka Killer Hill on my bike. It was probably a 50° slope, 50 - 75 meters and had a lip at the bottom that acted as a ramp. So I'm heading down the thing and hit the bottom and get launched about 10 to 15 feet in the air, I let go of the bike because it was headed for a huge tree. I land on my ass sitting up, my bike hit the tree at about 15 feet high. I got up and my brothers had their eyes wide and asked, "did you use your breaks?!" I said, "was I supposed to?"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    everything.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    When I was a kid my family had an RV. So we are sitting inside eating dinner and I ask my father what would happen if I stuck my fork (metal) in the electrical socket. My dad said I wouldn't like it. I then stuck the fork in the socket and dam he was right. I didn't like it.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,433
    lit some shrubs next to the fence of the basketball court at the park on fire, then took off on my bike leaving it to burn. about 5 minutes later heard fire sirens. i was awfully nervous the rest of that day figuring i would surely get caught. went back the next day and luckily only about 7 feet of stuff was burned. looking back man that was dumb. could have burned down half the park.

climbed up to the top and jumped off the highest point of a baseball cage - it had to be like 30 feet in the air. twisted my ankle pretty bad but was lucky i didn't break it or my leg.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Held my breath when I passed by cemeteries.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Riding this bike
    16_inch_girls_bicycle_with_banana_seat_25_pittsfield_twp_8703726.jpg

off a 20 foot skate ramp with no helmet or skid pads when I was 12.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    When I was little (like 4 or 5 years old), I used to throw pencils down the toilet. They would end up getting stuck in the pipes, restricting the toilet paper from passing through, and cause my father to 1) have to take apart the toilet and 2) want to kill me.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Oh, when I was 4, I took my younger brother on this:

william-eggleston_tricycle.jpg

and crossed a 4 lane highway to get to the same park.

Come to think of it...I have done a lot of crazy shit on bicycles... :think:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Made an apple juice popsicle in the freezer, and then used a knife to pry it out of the glass.....glass broke, and a shard ended up in the webbing between thumb and finger next to thumb...stiches required!

When I was 7 or 8, I had a bump on my head, so to protect it, I put a maxipad on my head, and then wore a baseball cap over it. Wasn't too familiar with feminine protection at that age!

The first time I ever flew, my ears popped, and stayed that way for a few hours after we got to our hotel. I accepted the fact that I had gone deaf.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I asked a young married woman at my church "If god asked you to leave your husband, would you?"
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    Does college count? If so, I have lots of stories!!! :lol:
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:

Ummm... Still do this. :?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Ummm... Still do this. :?

Its only polite to do so.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Mailbox baseball
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I gave my cats' whiskers a 'trim'....they weren't even in length.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I asked a young married woman at my church "If god asked you to leave your husband, would you?"
    That reminds me of when I asked my second grade teacher "Is Fuck a bad word?" One of the other second graders said it was, and he challenged me to ask her . . . the little fucker.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    CJMST3K wrote:

:lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Does college count? If so, I have lots of stories!!! :lol:

That would open a whole new can of worms up for me also... Although, I don't know if the statute of limitations is up on some of that shit, so I should probably just hold onto that for a few more years.. :mrgreen:

Stupid shit as a kid-

~ I remember being maybe 9 or 10, and finding cigarette butts on the railroad bed.. So my buddy had a lighter, and we would pick them up and smoke them...

~ We concocted this awful mix of dish detergent, pepper, and bunch of other shit and fed it to one of my neighbors, told him it was Kool-Aid, with some pepper in it..

~ I put a penny in a car cigarette lighter (messing with car lighters seems to be a common theme)..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Soaking cattail plants in gasoline, then lighting them on fire and shooting them from a bow. That was pretty cool, and pretty stupid.

Bottle rocket wars.

Driving with my Mom (must have been 8 or so?) back when seatbelts were optional. in the front seat, playing with the door controls, and the door pops open on the freeway onramp and I fall out. Got all cut up and bloody, and my mom was so pissed she wouldn't buy me bandaids (we were going to the grocery store). Made me wait till I got home to clean up.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    merkinball wrote:
    Soaking cattail plants in gasoline, then lighting them on fire and shooting them from a bow. That was pretty cool, and pretty stupid.

Bottle rocket wars.

Driving with my Mom (must have been 8 or so?) back when seatbelts were optional. in the front seat, playing with the door controls, and the door pops open on the freeway onramp and I fall out. Got all cut up and bloody, and my mom was so pissed she wouldn't buy me bandaids (we were going to the grocery store). Made me wait till I got home to clean up.

:shock:

Decided that I wanted to see how a light switch worked on the inside. I unscrewed the plate and started poking around in there with a screw driver....I also learned how to fly that day.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."