Options

How does one go about trading posters?

JeffAment's-FloorJeffAment's-Floor Posts: 88
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Hello gang, I have a few posters that I want to trade, and I'd really like to know how the transactions are usually done. Since they are item for item, how does the trade work? In the case of cash for an item, you send the cash and when that is received, the person sends you the item. I'm not quite sure if I understand how this goes down in a poster for a poster trade. Is it just trust between the two traders and both posters are simultaneously sent? I'm a little confused. Clarification is greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Hello gang, I have a few posters that I want to trade, and I'd really like to know how the transactions are usually done. Since they are item for item, how does the trade work? In the case of cash for an item, you send the cash and when that is received, the person sends you the item. I'm not quite sure if I understand how this goes down in a poster for a poster trade. Is it just trust between the two traders and both posters are simultaneously sent? I'm a little confused. Clarification is greatly appreciated.

yes the posters i have traded if there is cash usually send through paypal. And then just ship the poster. I recently traded a zippo and some cash for a poster. I sent the zippo and abou t3 days later there came my poster. Sometimes at the post office u can send it where they have to sign to recieve so u know they got it. But u are right there is alot of trust involved.
    By the way what posters do u have?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    expressobeans is a great resource.
  • Options
    KrysiewiczKrysiewicz Posts: 20
    Yes What posters do you have
    DC 06, Pittsburg 06, DC 08, VA Beach 08,Eddie Solo DC & Baltimore, Philadelphia oct 31 2009
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    MayDay10 wrote:
    expressobeans is a great resource.

thats the best place imo, then ebay, then here
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    I have a Tampa that I am looking to trade.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,072
    Ha ha...such innocent questions. "Say, guy...whatcha got?" "Sure...I'll take that dingy old 98 Hartford off your hands for a shiny new Columbia 08..."
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I have a Tampa that I am looking to trade.

I'd buy it...If you like...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    I do like that Tampa one.

Im going to build up my collection a little more and then join the trading circuit
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Ha ha...such innocent questions. "Say, guy...whatcha got?" "Sure...I'll take that dingy old 98 Hartford off your hands for a shiny new Columbia 08..."

Ha! I know! I thought it was funny that people automatically asked what I had. Not accusing anyone of anything but it seemed like people were justing asking to take advantage of me, especially after reading this topic.

Well anyway, I pretty much just started collecting this year and I am looking to expand. I bought 2 posters at every show I've been to this year... 1 to keep, and 1 to work toward a trade for shows I've been to in the past that I didn't get a poster for. I haven't even tried until this year. Pretty late on to the ship you could say. I've made an account on expressobeans, but that's pretty much why I made this topic. In a poster for poster transaction with no money involved, how do you protect yourself from people? I hate to automatically assume the worst, but it's better to be cautious than to end up scammed in the end.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,072
    Ha! I know! I thought it was funny that people automatically asked what I had. Not accusing anyone of anything but it seemed like people were justing asking to take advantage of me, especially after reading this topic.

Well anyway, I pretty much just started collecting this year and I am looking to expand. I bought 2 posters at every show I've been to this year... 1 to keep, and 1 to work toward a trade for shows I've been to in the past that I didn't get a poster for. I haven't even tried until this year. Pretty late on to the ship you could say. I've made an account on expressobeans, but that's pretty much why I made this topic. In a poster for poster transaction with no money involved, how do you protect yourself from people? I hate to automatically assume the worst, but it's better to be cautious than to end up scammed in the end.

I'm right there with ya. I have a bunch of posters, but have never done a swap for the same reason. I kinda got burned on tickets once, so I'm leery about going on the full honor system. If you really want to be safe, maybe try this:

Set up simultaneous ebay auctions (same dollar amount) for each end of the swap. At least that way you have some level of protection.

And, seriously, if you have a Hartford 98, drop me a line...
  • Options

People on expressobeans have histories I believe where you can see if they have traded in the past and how it went.
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    Iso Wpb 03
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961

People here! If they screw you, everyone else will give them hell for it! :)

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    i've traded a few times but only in person either at shows or i'll meet them somewhere. like this afternoon i traded my msg night one for a night two, i just went to the persons house made the switch and that was all, thanks again d2d. but seriously in person is the best if you have that luxury.
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 868
    I have a Va Beach '08 I want to trade for DC '08.

Also, I have a S/N MSG I that I may want to trade for an MSG II.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    i've traded a few times but only in person either at shows or i'll meet them somewhere. like this afternoon i traded my msg night one for a night two, i just went to the persons house made the switch and that was all, thanks again d2d. but seriously in person is the best if you have that luxury.

That's probably not a half bad idea. But I guess it does limit your options a bit, I guess.
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    kcherub wrote:
    People here! If they screw you, everyone else will give them hell for it! :)

Take care,

That is true i traded witha few people if they are regulars on here I trust them. Other wise liek he said they will get harassed
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    And, seriously, if you have a Hartford 98, drop me a line...

Wow, I just checked EB and they are going for a ton! Is there a story behind this poster?
  • Options
    SizlaqSizlaq Posts: 2
    Im from Peru, and i was REALLY lucky to see Pearl Jam in NYC while im here in New Jersey for a couple of weeks, i wanted to get to the show early, but i was kinda lost (shame on me), so, long story short, once i got there the posters were sold out. I think it was a really bad thing that they sell the posters not only to people with tickets, since the stands are nearly outside, and well, i bet that 70% of the people were not just PJ fans and just wanted a quick buck, and they will get a lot for it!

(I stop crying now)

i would say that if youre into collecting, keep that poster just for trade, here is a good place, i think you can see how long one of us have been an active members, and if someone wants to trade something in the future you better be ready for that and have something to trade at that time.

If i had a lot of money, i would buy all those expensive posters, but i dont.

I would love to buy $150 worth of beer while i talk to any guy here (even the ones i dont know at all) just to exchange shows experiences, im totally fine with that, but i will not pay $150 for a poster, dont like it that way.

See you guys, and if i do, and you wear a PJ tee, the beer is on me.

pd: Escuse me if i dont use proper english