New Guitar Day! Fender Jazzmaster!

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited August 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, on a whim this morning I was on kijiji (kind of a Canadian Craigslist) and googled 'Jazzmaster'. Low and behold, there was a guy selling a Classic Player Jazzmaster $500, I e-mailed him asking if he wanted a trade, he said no, but would part with it for $400. I drove on down with my brother, checked it out, and it rocked! Came home with it, not a bad $400.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... b84&type=1

Those are pics, I couldn't be more pleased with it. Never owned a Jazzmaster before or spent a lot of time with it, but I like it. Fatter than a strat but not as hot as a Les Paul, beautiful! This one's a keeper!
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    Nice! Congrats!
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Nice! Congrats!
    Thanks! And I sold my Sheraton to my dad for $400, so essentially this has just cost me nothing.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    saw the pic on facebook....

that is a badass guitar!!! enjoy it, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • wow that is awesome!!

i nearly bought one in lake placid blue a few years ago, but i think i like yours better. enjoy!!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Thanks guys! I guess the lesson here is if you're looking for something, be patient and check kijiji/craigslist often, but be ready to pounce on a good deal when you see it!

I got to plug it in longer this evening, and it was fantastic. Sounded so good, not quite sure why these didn't catch on back in the day.
  • THat is one gorgeous guitar!
    We were but stones your light made us stars