Things I've learned about people in town....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
since starting at my new job in town.....

They are:

Stupid
Lazy
Impatient
Rat fucks

To be specific, I park at a multilevel car park, I see many empty spaces about 10-20 meters from the stairway yet people drive around in circles trying to find that elusive spot close to the stairway because they are too stupid and too lazy to walk a little.

And those impatient rat bitches tooting their horn at me whilst I am reverse parking (happened twice now) and then trying to go around me dangerously whilst I am reversing into the parking space (like what happened this morning) all because they cannot wait a few seconds, mind you I did indicate and they had plenty of warning.

Society has become pathetic, very pathetic.
What went wrong and how?

End of rant.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• curlycurly Posts: 703
    tell me about it!! half our country is republicans...which is a lot of people that i just cant seem to understand why?? So, i quit tryin to figure years ago and just "live and let live"...its the only way to stay sane...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,433
    never understood the need for people to drive around looking for the perfect parking spot. especially gets me going when they do it at christmas time looking for a spot 10 feet from the door to go walk 10 miles through the mall.

but i will say people backing into parking spots kind of annoys me. it does tend to take too long and hold up traffic. i wouldn't beep but i'd be annoyed - sorry.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    but i will say people backing into parking spots kind of annoys me. it does tend to take too long and hold up traffic. i wouldn't beep but i'd be annoyed - sorry.

depends on the person. i can back in pretty quick, but if in a jammed lot or somebody is right behind me, i just pull in to avoid clogging shit up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    light them on fire, smash them with tank. in that order.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    do you ever get the feeling, that somebody, thoughts arrive is going to post a herald link about some crazy guy in a parking garage going nuts?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Agreed 100% about parking. Especially at giant malls. These people spend 5,10,15 minutes looking for a close space to the mall so they dont have to walk. Well ive got news for you moron, guess what your doing the entire time at the mall? WALKING!

Idiots.....
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Agreed 100% about parking. Especially at giant malls. These people spend 5,10,15 minutes looking for a close space to the mall so they dont have to walk. Well ive got news for you moron, guess what your doing the entire time at the mall? WALKING!

Idiots.....

I won't shop anywhere that doesn't have one of these.

s300-1.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    DS1119 wrote:

Idiots.....

s300-1.jpg

I want one of those for PJ20.

FYI, I always back in to parking spaces, one shot, takes seconds.

I drive better in reverse.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    DS1119 wrote:

Idiots.....

s300-1.jpg

How many 30 packs fit in that basket?
    DS1119 wrote:

Idiots.....

s300-1.jpg

How many 30 packs fit in that basket?

I'd say three...so a weekend supply. :D
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    curly wrote:
    tell me about it!! half our country is republicans...which is a lot of people that i just cant seem to understand why?? So, i quit tryin to figure years ago and just "live and let live"...its the only way to stay sane...
    I didn't know Republicans and Democrats all parked along party lines... :lol:

What I hate is when people will see someone putting groceries away and its a closer spot, so they'll sit there waiting for the people to pack their car, move the cart back and leave and they are too close to the middle for people to get around. I'm not waiting 3-4 minutes for you to get a spot 10 feet closer... its so insane. :roll:

Or people who leave their carts next to where they park when the cart returns are like 5-10 feet away... how lazy can you be?!?
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I'm loving this word Rat Fuck. Please explain what you mean by it... Thanks!! 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    I'm loving this word Rat Fuck. Please explain what you mean by it... Thanks!! 8-)

brother to the rat bastard?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    agreed. people in town are out of control.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I believe that his usage of this term is excellent!!

There's really nothing that irritates me more than when people follow you when you leave a store so they can get your parking spot. When that happens I take as long as possible getting out of the spot just to piss them off :twisted:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

There's really nothing that irritates me more than when people follow you when you leave a store so they can get your parking spot. When that happens I take as long as possible getting out of the spot just to piss them off :twisted:

I walk thru the parking lot and purposefully in the WRONG aisle...so when someone is following me, I cut between the cars to the other aisle and to my car which is parked far away from the front door. Really funny to watch people get all pissed off.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    DS1119 wrote:

Idiots.....

s300-1.jpg

Thank you for disclosing with us your morbid obesity. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I walk thru the parking lot and purposefully in the WRONG aisle...so when someone is following me, I cut between the cars to the other aisle and to my car which is parked far away from the front door. Really funny to watch people get all pissed off.

:lol: I'll have to try that sometime!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    dcfaithful wrote:

Not obesity just laziness! :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Be careful, one will lead to the other. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Be careful, one will lead to the other. :lol:

Very true. :D
    DS1119 wrote:
    Very true. :D

That's why you need to get one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    "whilst" :lol:

I take the first spot I find.
    I back in most of the time.
    I do it in one attempt.
    It makes it easier to leave later.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!

I do it in one attempt.

One attempt, you're a master! Honestly if you can't back in in one attempt, you shouldn't back in. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

I do it in one attempt.

One attempt, you're a master! Honestly if you can't back in in one attempt, you shouldn't back in. :lol:

I know people who take many tries...and they live here in my condo corp...so frustrating...that once they came to my house and asked me to park their car! :shock:

EDIT: I guess that would make RF list...right?
    dcfaithful wrote:

I do it in one attempt.

I know people who take many tries...and they live here in my condo corp...so frustrating...that once they came to my house and asked me to park their car! :shock:

They seriously asked you to park their car? :lol::lol::lol:

I would've drove around the block with it to freak them out.

rat fucks.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

rat fucks.

i was in san fran and these people in a prius were trying to park on the street. people were offereing to park their car for them. it was funny
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:

rat fucks.

Yes, they really did that. And they didn't want my husband to park their car... they wanted me. :wtf:

If there is a next time...I am driving around the block!! :lol::lol:
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    dcfaithful wrote:
    rat fucks.

Yes?
    Rat Fuck wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    rat fucks.

Yes?
    :lol::lol::lol: