Options

EV Prices Dropping

jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I have noticed, with a couple of websites, that Eddie Vedder Solo tickets are dropping. Some tickets around $100 price drop. Be patient, once the craze subsides people should be able to get much more affordable tickets. Good luck!
PJ:
2003 Mansfield: July 2
2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
2005 Montreal: Sept 15
2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
2010 Boston: May 17
2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    This is always the case...there is a spike in price post-sellout. After a few days of limited activity, some sellers usually panic and a "reverse bidding war" of sorts typically occurs (especially for the least marketable tickets). There will likely be a bit of a spike again in the days leading up to the show (or not, Berkeley actually had tickets drop under face the week of the gig)
  • Options
    anez_98anez_98 Posts: 158
    I got my tix for EV's LA2 show a few months before the gig for about 150 each. Noticed that the prices jumped after the tour began and the strong reviews came out.

Well worth the money, though. Quite a unique experience.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    WAIT for tickets people! The reason the west coast was so expensive, is because it was the first time and you didn't know if it would ever happen again. I have been watching ticket prices since before they went on sale and they keep dropping, the exact opposite happened on the west coast, tickets had a price, then went up and then stayed the same and dropped right before the show.
    The more people who wait, the tickets will keep falling.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    So, I have nothing to do right now and just for kicks and giggles, I added up all the tickets listed on StubHub for the DC Saturday show ONLY.

Total: 412

So- 1,800 seats, subtract 10% for 10C= 1,620. (although, for some reason I'm thinking that 10C gets more than this since on the west coast, most of the orchestra was 10C....)

That means approximately 1/4 of the venue is still up for sale.

Hold out, people!!! There's hope for us yet!!!!!!!
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    So, I have nothing to do right now and just for kicks and giggles, I added up all the tickets listed on StubHub for the DC Saturday show ONLY.

So- 1,800 seats, subtract 10% for 10C= 1,620. (although, for some reason I'm thinking that 10C gets more than this since on the west coast, most of the orchestra was 10C....)

Prob even more than that if you factor in E-bay, ticketsnow and another other asshole scalper I may have missed
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430

good work........keep up the good fight.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Lukin562Lukin562 Posts: 23
    I got my EV tickets thru 10C for the NJ show and was unable to get a pair for NYC. I am going to go not matter what to one of the shows. Anyone have suggestions on how to play the game for Stubhub and when should i buy tickets. Tickets are going down a bit, but does anyone have any good strategies for a NYC show.
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw
    Delivered him wings, 'Hey, look at me now'
    Arms wide open with the sea as his floor

PJ:
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/24/08 MSG I
    6/25/08 MSG II
    6/30/08 Boston
    EV:
    8/4-NYC
    8/5-NYC
    8/7-Newark
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    Go to the venue with cash and the ability to negotiate/trade. You'll get in. Unless you're outside the VIC, then no soup for you. The Vic has been the only show that I've attended and not witnessed a ticket exchange. I heard of a few people getting in that way, but I didn't see any of them. It seemed after waiting outside in that heat all day, getting dropped on by the EL, people would've rather given up first borns or chosen death as opposed to giving up a chance to see PJ in that setting.
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    akallakall Posts: 25
    I dropped $200.00 each on Orch Box seats for Boston Night 1 on stubhub. I think by week of show you will be able to get nice orch seats for around $125-150 each.

I am checking all the time for a ticketmaster release though. Good luck!
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    Just dont wait tooo long. I got tickets to LA2 but thought I would wait for LA1 tickets to drop, tour started, prices spiked again so I had to sit literally a block from the show for LA1.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 371
    Lukin562 wrote:
    I got my EV tickets thru 10C for the NJ show and was unable to get a pair for NYC. I am going to go not matter what to one of the shows. Anyone have suggestions on how to play the game for Stubhub and when should i buy tickets. Tickets are going down a bit, but does anyone have any good strategies for a NYC show.

I may have a good plan for tickets bought through ebay if anyone is interested
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Amantria wrote:
    I may have a good plan for tickets bought through ebay if anyone is interested

All ears....
  • Options
    Approx a month ago, I heard about a promotion run by Microsoft to promote their live search cashback feature. Basically works like ebates, what happens is if you make a qualified purchase you will earn a specified percentage in your cashback account (you need to set up an account with them) and after a certain amount of time (in this case with MS cashback, 60 days) you can cash out via paypal, check etc. I bought a designer handbag last month and got $200 pending in my cashback account.

THE CURRENT CASHBACK PERCENTAGE AS OF RIGHT NOW IS 20%. I tried this out (just did not complete the transaction all the way through, by clicking buy it now for a pair of tix, and sure enough, the cashback icon showed up.)

Here is how to do it:

This only applies to Buy It Now items paid for using PayPal.

Go to http://www.live.com/ (type it into your browser, don't click the link in this post)

Search for "cheap wii".

Check the paid results at the top and you will see a link to eBay with the "live search cashback" icon. I repeat, as of right now the amount is 20%. It has varied in the past, from 10% up to 35%.

Click it, find a Buy It Now auction for EV tickets (I use the search fro cheap wii because it always comes up with a cashback link. You can from there search for whatever you want once you are in ebay with the cashback icon on the top).

Discount should be listed on checkout page. Make sure that you see the cashback icon (which will tell you how much you will be getting back) throughout the buy it now process.

Further facts:
    T&C on eBay's site:
    http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoff...trksid=m37

More info from M$:
    http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

Other Important info.

Try this at your own risk. I have read all sorts of stories about doing this, many of them good, no problems with the cashback being added as pending to the cashback account, and I have heard some say that it didn't work. As with everything, I would take the proper precautions. When I made my purchase, I took screenshots as proof that I earned cash back.

The reason for the 60 days before you can actually cash out is in case a return is made.

You are limited to UP TO $250 in cash back for a single transaction, 3 transactions max. (So up to $750 total)

At the moment, they are offering 20%, so the max price (to get $250 back) would be $1,250 for tix. I hope no one would spend that much! I was looking at a nice pair for $400 BIN, so then I would get back 20% of 400 = 80. The tix would cost $320 then.

I have tried to be as complete and thorough as I can in explaining this whole process. I do not guarantee 100% that it works, but I did do this last month and my cashback is in my live account pending for one more month.

I just want to give fellow fans a chance at getting in to see Ed. I think it sucks that there are so many tickets out there being resold. In an ideal world, there would be NONE available on ebay and ticketsnow etc. I wish that the REAL fans could buy every ticket there is.

Good luck to all.

Amanda
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    It works...nice
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    Another fact to note:

Once you click the link to open up ebay, you have 60 minutes to buy what you want. Note, this limit is PER SESSION. If you don't find what you want or if you just want to scope out prices and see how this whole thing works, go back to live.com, do a new search (for cheap wii, cheap psp, or whatever, and start a new session!
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Amantria wrote:
    Another fact to note:

Once you click the link to open up ebay, you have 60 minutes to buy what you want. Note, this limit is PER SESSION. If you don't find what you want or if you just want to scope out prices and see how this whole thing works, go back to live.com, do a new search (for cheap wii, cheap psp, or whatever, and start a new session!

Thanks for the great post!
  • Options

Just a note that there are still 261 tickets available on one of the broker sites- that's for DC's Saturday show ONLY and just on that website. They still have alot of stock to get rid of in 2 weeks!!!!! Especially considering the buzz has died down a bit.
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.