What to get the wife for her birthday?

2»

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    conman wrote:
    maybe a day at a spa, massage/manicure/pedicure?

Thats a great idea, but she'd get mad if I went and did all that stuff without her! 8-)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    conman wrote:

Thats a great idea, but she'd get mad if I went and did all that stuff without her! 8-)
    :lol: she don't have to know about it :P
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    conman wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    conman wrote:

:lol: she don't have to know about it :P

guys guys you thinkings all wrong... a day at a spa is brilliant cause then you can do something else while shes there.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    are you a crafty person? i.e. woodworker, metalsmith, etc?

I suggest something from the heart that you create, refurbished, make, design....perhaps a piece of jewelry that you commission a jeweler to create with your ideas?

thats a great idea!...some sort of jewelry based on my idea....love it!

I have a wonderful artist named Elizabeth making my daughter a special piece for her sweet 16. she has some nice stuff on her site.

http://www.elizabethplumbjewelry.com/

and please, tell her Dave sent you (and then tell me!!!)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    A BBC
    I'll be back
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    are you a crafty person? i.e. woodworker, metalsmith, etc?

I suggest something from the heart that you create, refurbished, make, design....perhaps a piece of jewelry that you commission a jeweler to create with your ideas?

thats a great idea!...some sort of jewelry based on my idea....love it!

I have a wonderful artist named Elizabeth making my daughter a special piece for her sweet 16. she has some nice stuff on her site.

http://www.elizabethplumbjewelry.com/

and please, tell her Dave sent you (and then tell me!!!)

Thanks for the link! Do you shake her down for commission? :shock:
    A BBC

You are a class act.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    lingerie

aah metsy.. you know we girls have figured out that lingerie is a gift for you guys, not us. ;)
    apparently some of them haven't :lol::lol:
    true,, :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    My wife and are have been married for 13 years and this birthday I got her an iPad.
    Other times it's been smaller stuff like new yoga pants. Just listen for the hints she gives you on what she wants.
    Gibson1972
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    A BBC

What's a BBC???

British Broadcasting Company???

I would go with a spa day and general pampering. :D
  • belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    my brother got his wife an extra powerpoint installed in the kitchen, he said it was so she didn't have to leave the kitchen to do his ironing :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    belinda27 wrote:
    my brother got his wife an extra powerpoint installed in the kitchen, he said it was so she didn't have to leave the kitchen to do his ironing :lol:

Is he still married? :lol:
  • belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    belinda27 wrote:

Is he still married? :lol:

ofcourse! he did say if they renew their vows she will have to wear silver because the whitegoods are stainless steel now! :lol:
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    My husband and I have been together for 15 years and he has run out of ideas. I used to get jewellery or perfume. Last year he gave me .... actually I don't remember ha. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I told him of a cool print shop that sells music memorabilia, so hopefully he got the hint :?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:
    i'm still going with my suggestion.......... it works 8-)
    conman wrote:
    conman wrote:

Duly noted!

Thanks!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    When is the big day? And will you tell us what you do? My husband and I have been married for a zillion years. My favorite gifts are the ones he makes me, like he did a Pearl Jam mobile that hangs over my desk. He used decorate Easter eggs, you know, after you blow out the yolk (yes I'm sure there's a joke there) and then he'd paint little scenes of events that happened the past year. Really sweet.

The Northridge quake took a bunch of those out though.

And you can never go wrong with flowers and a good restaurant. Does she like sushi?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    conman wrote:
    conman wrote:

Duly noted!

Thanks!

and then you can say...can I see your hands? look at them, say...they didn't do a great job..."and slip on a piece of the jewelry you created, and say "now they look perfect!"
    (I'm living vicariously thru your wife...can you tell?)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It's great if you can listen to her and pick up something she says she likes, then get it for her later. I know I have been blown away by some stuff my hubby has given me....that I didn't even remember mentioning to him. Just a casual comment I had made that I like it. You've gotten some really good ideas here. Love the idea of having something specially made that means something to both of you. Good luck, I think you'll do well, just thinking about it is the best part. You should definitely show her this thread! :) My hubby says a vacuum cleaner or dust mop! :D Glad he doesn't listen to his own suggestions!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Oh, and here's an idea for what NOT to give her. One Christmas my husband gave me a microwave. A flipping microwave. Number one, we already had a microwave. Number two - seriously. A microwave?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Enkidu wrote:
    Oh, and here's an idea for what NOT to give her. One Christmas my husband gave me a microwave. A flipping microwave. Number one, we already had a microwave. Number two - seriously. A microwave?

it's the gift that keeps on giving :P
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    norm wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

"It's a one year membership in the Jelly of the Month Club."
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    actually i know the right answer..but cant post it on the forum.. :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

"It's a one year membership in the Jelly of the Month Club."

cousin+eddie+Bingo.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I must say that if my hubby got us a cleaning service for our house that would be the absolute BEST present of all time. I agree with a couple other people not to go overboard because then you're just going to have to live up to that every year for the rest of your life. Get her a gift from the heart :)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2