Options

What was your favorite onstage moment...

alive25alive25 Posts: 124
edited July 2008 in The Porch
that was funny,or weird or interesting i gotta know. im thinkin of camden in 06 when sebastian was born during black. i wish i was born at a pj show. no fair im jealous
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    the funniest was definetely the "mosquito bites" from hershey... i could not believe he actually said that. who is that girl anyways, is she on here???

the best most spine-tingling moment came this year for me. during better man at mansfield I. un-fucking-believable. i've never been "proud" to be part of a crowd but i was that night. i just looked around, couldn't hear myself think and was absolutely amazed that i was part of it.
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    yeah i knew someone was gonna say that. yeah that was awesome if that girl is on here she was probably too drunk to even remember what happened
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Hawaii 78, and the birthday cake in Honolulu

and/or

ARC at LA1
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    the funniest was definetely the "mosquito bites" from hershey... i could not believe he actually said that. who is that girl anyways, is she on here???

the best most spine-tingling moment came this year for me. during better man at mansfield I. un-fucking-believable. i've never been "proud" to be part of a crowd but i was that night. i just looked around, couldn't hear myself think and was absolutely amazed that i was part of it.

me too :) that moment will never be forgotten - mansfield 1 rocked.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:

and/or

ARC at LA1
    oh yeah i think they rubbed it all in matts face right?
  • Options
    alive25 wrote:
    yeah i knew someone was gonna say that. yeah that was awesome if that girl is on here she was probably too drunk to even remember what happened
    hahaha unfortunately for her, she can be reminded by the bootleg.
    i know i listen to it daily haha

someone needs to start a thread locating this girl...
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Um, yeah. I don't think I really need to say anything more about this:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/Art4All/cowboy.jpg
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    jaamfaan wrote:

and/or

ARC at LA1
    That hawaii cake scene was CLASSIC!!! It flew pretty far!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

hahaha WHERE was that taken!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

i was actually a little disturbed by this.
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

ohhhh stone... nooooooooo
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    SENROCK! wrote:
    hahaha WHERE was that taken!!!!!

Mansfield 2
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Holy COw! That one has to be on the all time top 10 list!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Jesse in Albuquerque 2000 was cool. As was the endless Ed-die Ed-die chant in Toronto 2003. The Ken Starr Files being brought out on stage at MSG 98 was cool too
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    It was Octorber 3, 2005, and Eddie introduced, "this song is about a lunatic." Of course they started to play "Crazy Mary." All of the sudden this very loud sound started coming from one of the amps. A few moments later, Mike walked out from behind one of the amps and put his arms up, out-stretched, looking like,"It wasn't me!" I think it spooked everyone, especially Eddie. He didn't want to finish the song, until Stone encourgingly whispered to him by saying, "Let's get back on the horse." That man is crazy, he'll take on anything if you let'em. Does he ever get scared or spooked? And I really do want an answer.
    Anyways, definitely one of the most creepy moments in my life. And Eddie started it. He pissed off Mary. I was probably as scared as he was. I loved the way that Mike handled the situation, it was so cute of him.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i have several, but one that comes ot mind is the 2nd SF show in 06 during alive, where ed climbed up on the amps, clearly moved by all the love, and bowed to us :)
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I love the Philly 05 , Feedback From Crazy Mary..

Also, Camden 2003 when they played RITFW in the first set.....
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Alpine 2003 Crazy Mary.

''Some fucking idiot''

If you were there you know what I'm talking about. :)
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565

With all hope - that chick now keeps her shirt down and has educated herself and plans to vote! :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    Copenhagen 2007
    Ed bringing that girl on stage and singing yellow Ledbetter to her....her crying, everyone in the band giving her something....it was just magic

Same show reign over me being played for the first time....

Ed being lifted by the Bushes (Atlanta?)

Hawaii cake is classic

soooooo many great moments...
  • Options
    hahaha unfortunately for her, she can be reminded by the bootleg.
    i know i listen to it daily haha

someone needs to start a thread locating this girl...
    if she heard the bootleg the was probably all haha i feel bad for that girl.
    yeah we gotta find her
  • Options
    Copenhagen 2007
    Ed bringing that girl on stage and singing yellow Ledbetter to her....her crying, everyone in the band giving her something....it was just magic

Same show reign over me being played for the first time....

Ed being lifted by the Bushes (Atlanta?)

Hawaii cake is classic

soooooo many great moments...
    uhhh what did they give her?
  • Options
    I love the Philly 05 , Feedback From Crazy Mary..

Also, Camden 2003 when they played RITFW in the first set.....
    oh yeah cuz there was fireworks goin off in the back and after ed said usually we would say thank you goodnight now but theres still half a bottle of wine left. then they played 1/2 full
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

hahahahaha that crazy stone i love that guy
  • Options
    larmen42 wrote:
    It was Octorber 3, 2005, and Eddie introduced, "this song is about a lunatic." Of course they started to play "Crazy Mary." All of the sudden this very loud sound started coming from one of the amps. A few moments later, Mike walked out from behind one of the amps and put his arms up, out-stretched, looking like,"It wasn't me!" I think it spooked everyone, especially Eddie. He didn't want to finish the song, until Stone encourgingly whispered to him by saying, "Let's get back on the horse." That man is crazy, he'll take on anything if you let'em. Does he ever get scared or spooked? And I really do want an answer.
    Anyways, definitely one of the most creepy moments in my life. And Eddie started it. He pissed off Mary. I was probably as scared as he was. I loved the way that Mike handled the situation, it was so cute of him.
    thats weird ok we now know not to screw with mary
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    for me actually being there, it had to be stone sucking cow man's utter at mansfield 2. funny as hell. then he did an intense duck walk back to his side.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    there was a show in aussie 06 where Stone did the "pick up a coin in ur butt cheeks and drop it in a cup" challenge?

and the YMCA costume night, theyd both be up there too
  • Options
    celebrationcelebration Posts: 318
    stone with the cow is funny. good on stone for being just so damn funny! that's one of the best!!

one of my fave moments was blood riot act tour seattle when mike smashed his guitar...smashing things is just so cool.
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    the grateful dead lent us there stage. so were gona do what they do and just keep on playing. turned out the grateful dead never played again! pearl jam is now considered to have a grateful dead type following. was the torch passed that night. definitely my favorite moment. maybe cause i was there though. soldier field 95
  • Options
    I was TOTALLY gonna say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...