Options

Stone...

alive25alive25 Posts: 124
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I dont know what anyone else thinks but stone seems kinda miserable this past tour. i dont know if hes just in the moment or just goin through the motions. your comments about the matter are appeiciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Hmmm, he seemed happy and energetic to me.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    dude.
    stone always looks miserable on the whole.

he cracks a smile here and there.

he fucking DUCK WALKED in boston.

FUCK YEAH
    the duck is back.

lol.
    no way he's miserable.
    stone is just a bored looking dude.

hes probaly such a goddamn genius,
    every waking moment of life bores him.

:D

[ps. i think my favorite stone moment in memory is pitts or philly '03 when the band did last kiss, and stone just dorked out with his little visor and polo shirt on, stomp marching in place, clapping his hands, and letting his acoustic swing at his waste. goof ass grin plastered on his face.

pps. in further reflection, stone actualy looked perfectly comfortable and sure of himself. i think he is probably enjoying family now, and thus really in the groove. er, loose groove that is.

ppps. oh. and the beard is back too. awe yeah!]
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options

you hit the nail on the head with this comment. :)
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    He sucked the cowman's tit at Mansfield II, I think there is a funny funny man underneath all that seriousness... :D:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    He sucked the cowman's tit at Mansfield II, I think there is a funny funny man underneath all that seriousness... :D:D
    Absolutely! :D Stone has made some really fucking funny comments in interviews and stuff. I don't know what interview it's from, but it's someone's sig on here: "I like our socks. I hear we make a good sock. I always say, you might not like our records, but I think you'll like our socks."

And then there was that 10 past 10 article where Mark Arm calls Stone a really funny sarcastic bastard, or something.

Stone rocks bells. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    i thought stone was into it more this time around than the last couple of tours.

i mean, the whole mansfield cow teet thing was a riot (uncomfortable to watch, but funny in the end..)
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    he kicked ass at the 3 shows i saw. you could hear his riffs more, doing little solo riffs and changeups. for stone, i thought he seemed to be having fun

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    yeah he looked pretty badass this tour!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I thought just the opposite. I thought he looked very happy and had lots of energy. He moved around and danced more than I have ever seen him.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    he pointed at us and laughed at Camden at the end of the show..........because we were rocking out drunk as hell.......it was sweet
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Stone was DEFINITELY not miserable at the show saturday!!!! The "Stoney Poneys" would have been proud! :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    They need to let him sing "Mankind" and "Don't gimme no lip"...;)
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    i just think he is somewhat of an introvert and not as comfortable in the spotlight as Ed has become over the years.but he was smiling in Boston! and he looked happier than I've seen him in a long time.
  • Options
    i just think he is somewhat of an introvert .

understatement of the millenium.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I thought he was himself, but very energetic and wild at Mansfield II, especially at the end.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I was at WPB and Tampa shows.He was head banging and lost his glasses.He seemed Ok.That is just Stone.Seemed to enjoy himself.I would like to see more energy from him like in the early 90's.Would like to see him throw some picks out.I hate to say this cause I think Stone is sooooo the man.He is aging the worse of everyone in the band or he just needs to shave the beard.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    I was at WPB and Tampa shows.He was head banging and lost his glasses.He seemed Ok.That is just Stone.Seemed to enjoy himself.I would like to see more energy from him like in the early 90's.Would like to see him throw some picks out.I hate to say this cause I think Stone is sooooo the man.He is aging the worse of everyone in the band or he just needs to shave the beard.

i was front row on Stones side for Mansfield II and that asshole didn't throw one pick :D:D

Mike is def. the side of choice,i love how he jumps around and interacts with the crowd!! a true showman!!
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Stone is just mad because everyone says that it's his fault.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    i was front row on Stones side for Mansfield II and that asshole didn't throw one pick :D:D

Mike is def. the side of choice,i love how he jumps around and interacts with the crowd!! a true showman!!
    LOL!! The best seats I ever had was 4th row Mike's side in Tampa 2003.He is just crazy.I had so much fun.I luck out and get mikes side or center every show.Never had closer seats on Stone's side.I would yell my ass off for a pick.What pick is he using this tour? Born to PJ at birth pick? Anyone get a Stone pick this tour? Would like to see a pic of his pick.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    dude.

FUCK YEAH
    the duck is back.

lol.
    no way he's miserable.

[ps. i think my favorite stone moment in memory is pitts or philly '03 when the band did last kiss, and stone just dorked out with his little visor and polo shirt on, stomp marching in place, clapping his hands, and letting his acoustic swing at his waste. goof ass grin plastered on his face.

pps. in further reflection, stone actualy looked perfectly comfortable and sure of himself. i think he is probably enjoying family now, and thus really in the groove. er, loose groove that is.

Maybe the greatest post I have read in years...
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    stone rocked my butt off this tour.

and I thought he looked like he was having a great time.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899

Great on guitar, but please, please no singing!

Go ahead, yell at me. I don't care! ;)
    Just me
  • Options
    Inhiding230Inhiding230 Posts: 362
    My question about Stone is has he always been that thin? I was looking at the photos from the VH1 show and his clothes are hanging off him. Was he always like that because surely that can't be healthy?
  • Options
    GOSSArDgEEKGOSSArDgEEK Posts: 245
    dude.

FUCK YEAH
    the duck is back.

lol.
    no way he's miserable.

Not to mention he sucked on a cow teet! Funny stuff, I'm never going to think nor look at him the same way again.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    He cant help when he's happy he looks inSANE!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    he pointed at us and laughed at Camden at the end of the show..........because we were rocking out drunk as hell.......it was sweet

Hey I remember see him do that! *smiles* Thank you now I know whom he was pointed at.

• Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    the duck is back.
    I don't think it ever left!
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    I think Stone is sooooo the man.He is aging the worse of everyone in the band or he just needs to shave the beard.
    That worries me, but I think he just needs to shave the beard. Stoney, will be okay.

• Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    yeah they should let him sing them that would be cool.

p.s. you're all probably right stone isnt miserable i was wrong. thanks for proving me wrong