Do you believe in aliens?

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    mca47 wrote:
    It's ignorant to think given the vast enormity of the universe that we are the only forms of life....

It's not ignorant to think that. Show me a civilization and I'll say differently.

I'm talking other "forms" or life...not "civilizations".
    Considering the universe is comprised of the same material across the billions of galaxies, and within those are galaxies that are similar to ours in shape and structure...it seems silly to assume that since you can't see them they don't exist.

Unless there is some breakthrough in quantum physics, humans will never be able to reach the end our own galaxy. The end of it is thousands of light years away...and it is also considered to be very small compared to surrounding "neighbor" galaxies". To reach the next one...well, that's a about a million light years away...and it's also 1000x the size of our own, and it has stars similar to our sun, but many more and they are much larger/(far reaching sources of energy).

Of the billions of galaxies out there, that were created from the same materials as our own...I do think it's ignorant to assume that life doesn't exist.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Of course!! How can you not believe anything that comes out of this guy's mouth?

giorgiotsoukalos.jpg

But for real, it would be pretty arrogant of us not to.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Yes.. and his name is Justin Verlander.. He is obviously not human

Hahahaha
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Of course!! How can you not believe anything that comes out of this guy's mouth?

giorgiotsoukalos.jpg

But for real, it would be pretty arrogant of us not to.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: My Mom and Sister love that guy!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DS1119 wrote:
    Do you think we are alone in the Universe or is there other life out there? For me...nope. We're not alone.
    life out there, yes and many dimensions too

crazy unlimited ...

or is this all just in our heads
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i believe and i'll quickly explain why...

i have been abducted by aliens twice so far. each time they get their suction cup mitts (aka vacuum grippers) on my sperm and tears. it's a real son of a bitch having e.t. all up in my deal.

http://youtu.be/ZgDj0TyMziU

it is safe (or not) to say they have had me father some 813,001,082 baby aliens back behind other side of sun.

last week a letter of official importance reads i owe child support.
    WTF :wtf:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    i'm an alien.
    now, take me to your leader. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    i'm an alien.
    now, take me to your leader. :D

they will be in Alpine Valley. you will see them.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    yes. anyone remember the movie "Fire In The Sky"? based on a supposedly true story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LhshgLJuuM

that movie scared the fuck out of me when i was a kid.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    My husband had this poster on his wall as a teen, we would all sit and stare at it and buzz out.

postalien.jpg
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    tinkerbell wrote:
    My husband had this poster on his wall as a teen, we would all sit and stare at it and buzz out.

postalien.jpg
    :lol: my buddy had something similar, we spent quite a few nights laughing at it :|
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • I like totally believe in dragons now!
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    http://www.rileymartin.com/riley_martin ... f_tan.html

I believe in Tan and the Biaviian's. still need my symbol though
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Our questions stop here....

300pxa_long_time_ago.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dcfaithful wrote:

300pxa_long_time_ago.jpg

the imagination of george lucas???? after that whole inserting hayden christensen into the end of jedi bullshit lucas has lost all credibility with me. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dcfaithful wrote:

300pxa_long_time_ago.jpg

the imagination of george lucas???? after that whole inserting hayden christensen into the end of jedi bullshit lucas has lost all credibility with me. 8-)

What!? He did not. Did he??? Okay if he did that then I'm not buying the blurays.

That's almost as bad as Greedo shooting first. Okay, not nearly as bad, but bad enough.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    dcfaithful wrote:

300pxa_long_time_ago.jpg

What!? He did not. Did he??? Okay if he did that then I'm not buying the blurays.

That's almost as bad as Greedo shooting first. Okay, not nearly as bad, but bad enough.

10052456_gal.jpg

Yeah, I can't stand that. George Lucas just can't leave anything alone.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

• 10052456_gal.jpg

George's friends need to do an intervention or something. Next he's going to remove the scene where Luke and Leia kiss. Or has he done that already too? Actually, maybe that's not such a bad idea.....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

George's friends need to do an intervention or something. Next he's going to remove the scene where Luke and Leia kiss. Or has he done that already too? Actually, maybe that's not such a bad idea.....

All of his friends probably work for him, so they're not going to say shit.

10052456_gal.jpg

it just makes no sense.. how would luke even recognise his father in that form? he knew old anakin, not whiny woe is me im special blah blah blah anakin.. there seems to be an absence of cameras and photographs in the future so theres no way he could know that was his father as a young man. stupid move george, stupid move.

greedo shot first?????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

All of his friends probably work for him, so they're not going to say shit.

hes like the dictator of skywalker ranch.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

it just makes no sense.. how would luke even recognise his father in that form? he knew old anakin, not whiny woe is me im special blah blah blah anakin.. there seems to be an absence of cameras and photographs in the future so theres no way he could know that was his father as a young man. stupid move george, stupid move.

greedo shot first?????

I don't understand why Obi-Wan isn't young again too. I'm guessing Ewan had something better to do that day.

And yes, Greedo shooting first was one of the dumbest things ever. I guess the idea was that in the original it made Han look like a murderer.....

greedo shot first?????

I don't understand why Obi-Wan isn't young again too. I'm guessing Ewan had something better to do that day.

And yes, Greedo shooting first was one of the dumbest things ever. I guess the idea was that in the original it made Han look like a murderer.....

well luke only knew obi wan, or as he called him old ben kenobi, as well... old. he wouldnt recognise hotty obi wan. thats why young anakin makes even less sense than the zero sense it already makes.

ffs george stop screwing with our movies. it was preemptive self defense.. greedo woulda shot han given the chance. and we already know han isnt an angel.. thats why we love him so.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Yeah, I wasn't saying George should have replaced both, or either. But if he changed one to the prequel actor, I don't see why he didn't do both, because changing one and not the other is strange.