Options

Football Fans Shot - SF

Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... umshooting

2 shot in SF parking lot after Raiders-49ers game

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)—Two men were shot and wounded in the parking lot of Candlestick Park after a preseason NFL game Saturday night between the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders, police said.

The shootings occurred shortly after the 49ers’ 17-3 victory, police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.

A 24-year-old man was treated at San Francisco General Hospital with life-threatening injuries, and a 20-year-old man was hospitalized and was expected to survive, Andraychack told The Associated Press. Their names have not been released.

Police Sgt. Frank Harrell that the 24-year-old man was wearing a T-shirt with a derogatory comment about the 49ers and was shot two to four times in the stomach, according to reports in the Oakland Tribune and the San Francisco Chronicle. He drove his truck to a gate and stumbled to security, Harrell said.

The other victim was shot earlier and had superficial face injuries, Harrell said.

“We are treating it as separate shootings, but we believe they are related,” Harrell told reporters outside the stadium.

Harrell said police took a man in a Raiders jersey off a party bus before it left the stadium and were calling him a suspect.

The suspect and the two victims had all attended the game, Harrell told the newspapers.

The 49ers issued a statement acknowledging the shootings and the investigation, but offering no further details.

There was at least one fight in the lower bowl of the stadium during the game, but it was no immediate indication that it was connected to the postgame shootings.

The violence was not the first involving a San Francisco sports team’s game this year.

In March, San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten by two men in Los Angeles Dodgers gear outside Dodger Stadium after the teams’ season opener. He remains in San Francisco hospital with in serious condition with brain injuries. Two suspects have been charged in the case.
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It's really sad that it goes this far.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    pre season game none the less..... :roll:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    And people wonder why I'm not going to head across the bay sporting my Patriots gear when the Pats come to Oakland this year ...

HA!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

At least wait until the playoffs

;):lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

At least wait until the playoffs

;):lol:

violent neanderthals need their preseason too
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Was talking with a friend of mine today about attending football games. (we live in CT)

1. Ticket Prices are outrageous for decent seats
    2. Hassle of getting to the both NY and Foxboro stadiums.
    3. Asshole fans.

Maybe in should # 3 should move to # 1
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    I think they need to remove all sports teams from the state of California. Clearly they are savages who don't appreciate anything that doesn't result in violence. :lol:

I keeeed.... :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Was talking with a friend of mine today about attending football games. (we live in CT)

3. Asshole fans.

there was an article someplace in the last year or so about not attending games because of the fans.

Football has the worst fans
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    81 wrote:

3. Asshole fans.

there was an article someplace in the last year or so about not attending games because of the fans.

Football has the worst fans
    Worse than soccer hooligans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtOXiQToz64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DCP_E_J8A0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZWjItCP7fs
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Football, baseball, hockey, soccer....it doesn't really matter. I still go to games across all sports, and I will say that I have noticed a more "violent" trend in the last 5-7 years. More people talking shit, more people trying to pick fights...what's that all about?
    The only thing that's different now are the crazy ticket prices...but even that cannot cause someone to go nuts and want to punch someone out, especially if they are a fan of the other team!
    Do you think that part of it is due to the type of gamesmanship that is seen on the field or court, etc.? I mean, more so than before, you see people showing eachother up on the field. They get a first down they dance in the face of the other guy. They dunk over a guy, they stand over them and have the look of "Oh, don't you get up!" After a game, you have people shit talking via Twitter. I think the shitty gamesmanship of the players is also translated to the fans (granted, it's only translated to the seriously mentally inept fans, but it seems like they are the ones doing the shit talkin/fighting in the first place). I know there has always been trash talking in professional sports, it just seems more readily available for the fans to pick up on and imitate themselves than ever before.
    :?:
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    All this stuff happening at professional sporting events is getting completely out of hand in this country.

Chances are, most of it has nothing to do with the games themselves, just idiot people.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Saw the highlights of the fighting in the stands...I mean honestly, WTF is wrong with people???
  • Options
    Saw the highlights of the fighting in the stands...I mean honestly, WTF is wrong with people???
    What's really f'd up is that there were very young children a row or two directly behind them!!!!! :shock:
    WTF?!?!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    All the more reason to stay home and watch the games in HD.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Little man syndrome, geez, get a hobby.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    All the more reason to stay home and watch the games in HD.

True. But isn't it pretty fucking sad that people are becoming afraid to go to games wearing the visiting team's jersey because of violence?
  • Options
    I go to all the Cubs games here in AZ when they are in town. I'm constantly amazed at the amount of "other team hate" the Diamondback fans have towards Cub fans.

A couple years back when the Cubs were playing the D-backs in the playoffs, the D-backs won and it was almost scary post-game. Went to the bathroom right after the game/before I left and in the bathroom were 3-4 D-back fans trying to pick fights with Cub fans...for no reason!! A Cub fan next to me was at the urinal doing his thing and these guys directly behind us were seriously trying to start shit with this random guy because he was wearing a Cubs jersey. He said NOTHING to them, was just taking a leak and they were trying to pick a fight with him.
    The ignorance of the situation was unreal. He was wearing a Greg Maddux jersey. These D-back fans were all "Who the fuck is Maddux?" Really, belligerent asshole? I finished up, turned around and said "Oh, do you mean Greg Maddux, one of the best pitchers of all time and a first ballot hall of famer?" The guy goes "Fuckin' whatever" and gets in my face. I smiled and walked away...
    I just don't get it! :?

I've been going to professional, and college games my entire life, and in the last 5-6 years I've noticed a much higher degree of pissed off people at games.