Options

Someone please help make my day... although it may be a longshot...

isewvintageisewvintage Posts: 21
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Hi everyone,

I am currently in search of a sealed Yield vinyl LP for someone really, really special... I don't know why anyone would be willing to give it up, but if anyone was willing to bargain, I'd be all for it. There are a few sealed copies on ebay, etc, but being a poor college student, $130 or so is a bit steep. But it would mean a lot to me, and to this person....... so, if anyone could help me out, steer me in the right direction, I'd SO appreciate it! Thank you!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PjWeezyPjWeezy Posts: 159
    I have yield but its been opened and played. Hope your search goes well.
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Must it be sealed?
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    NewDamage wrote:
    Must it be sealed?

Yeah... his goal is to get all of them sealed...haha, it's just a thing. And I want to make his day by doing that. Yield is his favorite, so I figure that should be the first. Hard to find, I know...especially at a decent price.
  • Options
    Yeah... his goal is to get all of them sealed...haha, it's just a thing. And I want to make his day by doing that. Yield is his favorite, so I figure that should be the first. Hard to find, I know...especially at a decent price.

Beggers should not be choosers..
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    I could probably get you one unsealed. An old friend of mine and I were talking the other day for the first time in about five years, and he has totally lost interest in the band and was talking about unloading his stuff. He has everything on vinyl up through LOTL.

But if it must be sealed, good luck.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    i got 2 sealed and 1 open to play. And theres No Way im getting rid of them
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    i got 2 sealed and 1 open to play. And theres No Way im getting rid of them

I gotta ask. Why 3? And 2 sealed of all things. Great on you for getting them but what good are they doing you? Just collecting dust? Look, I'm not the type to preach in any way, but there are tons of people out there looking for these like the OP, willing to pay way higher than you would think. At least hear an offer before you shoot it down. Why would you even post it unless you were just looking for attention. Enjoy your sealed albums, hope they bring you lots of joy.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Enjoy your sealed albums, hope they bring you lots of joy.[/quote]

not to be rude here, but that's exactly how i feel. baseball cards collect dust, not something that can and should be used! feeling rather opinionated after eating lunch today...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I am looking for an open copy if someone has an extra, pm me with a price and condition! THANKS!
  • Options
    I bought my copy of Yield from someone on here who sold it to me for $30 used. The cover has a number of creases and is FAR from mint, but the record plays perfectly. I am far more content with it than I would be with a sealed copy that I would have never played.

Just my 2 cents.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    I gotta ask. Why 3? And 2 sealed of all things. Great on you for getting them but what good are they doing you? Just collecting dust? Look, I'm not the type to preach in any way, but there are tons of people out there looking for these like the OP, willing to pay way higher than you would think. At least hear an offer before you shoot it down. Why would you even post it unless you were just looking for attention. Enjoy your sealed albums, hope they bring you lots of joy.

I play the fuck out of my records. My "Vs" is worn like a mother. And i have extras of all my records. Im waiting for a good trade or even sell them one day. And FYI dust can be wiped off, you dirty little fucker.

Kisses
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    I play the fuck out of my records. My "Vs" is worn like a mother. And i have extras of all my records. Im waiting for a good trade or even sell them one day. And FYI dust can be wiped off, you dirty little fucker.

Kisses
    oh oh
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    i dont claim to know much about records, but i was under the impression that if you leave them sealed in shrinkwrap, it can eventually warp and fuck up the record. i could be wrong though.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    If you want to keep your vinyl sealed, great. If you want to play it, great. But I do think the OP is a bit off base asking for charity for someone who is clearly looking to eventually profit off the item.
  • Options
    If you want to keep your vinyl sealed, great. If you want to play it, great. But I do think the OP is a bit off base asking for charity for someone who is clearly looking to eventually profit off the item.

Yeah, believe me-- I know it's a bit off, and a little crazy to ask for what I'm asking for. I just thought I'd give it a shot, cause you never know, right? I'm surprised though at the discussions that have taken place as a result...ha, but thanks everybody anyway. My search continues.

Side note-- it's not like he would keep it sealed-- his words were, "I just want the thrill of opening it for the first time and then listening to it." Haha, he too knows the rarity of this as well as we all do.
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    I agree in helping out your fellow fan. I once sold an extra copy of ITW for 99cents sealed...of course my generosity caused my paypal account to be frozen for a few weeks (apparently a transaction of 99 cents followed by a few hundred is seen as shady dealings).

Anyway, if i had 3, id give one away. last year i came across a sealed vinyl of lost dogs for 20 bucks.. if i had the cash i woulda totally picked it up for someone on here.
  • Options
    Hello all. The OP was simply going out of her way to try and find something that means a whole lot to me. She couldn't help but show me this thread, and I appreciate the few people who understand how one little thing, like a brand new record, may mean something to someone.

My goal there was not to make a profit, but to eventually (however long it may take) own them all, unopened, and sit down and start from Ten and knock them out record by record. I understand your nievety in thinking that someone will be quick to turn something around into a profit. But that person is not me. Infact, I am very very close to starting off my collection with my favorite record, and spending $150 to do so.

Wait, Stooges, who is "clearly looking to make a profit?" Me or her? I just wasn't sure which one of us it was.
    10c #TBD

"They said timing was everything, made him want to be everywhere,...there's a lot to be said for nowhere."
    "Let them wash away,... all those yesterdays."

09/10/98, 08/23/00, 08/24/00, 08/25/00, 04/30/03, 07/09/03, 07/14/03, 06/01/06, 06/03/06, 06/24/08, 06/25/08
  • Options
    Hello all. The OP was simply going out of her way to try and find something that means a whole lot to me. She couldn't help but show me this thread, and I appreciate the few people who understand how one little thing, like a brand new record, may mean something to someone.

My goal there was not to make a profit, but to eventually (however long it may take) own them all, unopened, and sit down and start from Ten and knock them out record by record. I understand your nievety in thinking that someone will be quick to turn something around into a profit. But that person is not me. Infact, I am very very close to starting off my collection with my favorite record, and spending $150 to do so.

Wait, Stooges, who is "clearly looking to make a profit?" Me or her? I just wasn't sure which one of us it was.
    nievety? interesting
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more