Anyone have a Droid 3?

Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I really, really like this phone and aside from no 4G I see no reason to not get it. But...it has no 4G!

And I live in Chicago area where 4G is available but I don't stream or download movies/music from phone. Will I regret it sooner then later cause it's only 3G?

Oh and I would be getting rid of AT&T unlimited data for it but don't use alot anyways.

Thanks for input!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    What platform are you leaving?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mmmm

Sweet. Sweet 4g

4g or lack of would be a deal breaker for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the bionic is scheduled to come out sept 8...4g, dual processor :ugeek:
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
    DS1119 wrote:

iphone 3gs

I know about Bionic, thanks :) . For some reason I really like the look and keyboard of Droid 3.

Insides are great it's just the no 4G that I don't know I would be ok with a year or so from now. Battery in 4G I hear is very bad. And I'm having that problem now in old iphone 3gs and can't stand charging it so much
    Battery issues are over blown for all smart phones . As long as you stay away from battery hogging apps like yahoo mail.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

iphone 3gs

I know about Bionic, thanks :) . For some reason I really like the look and keyboard of Droid 3.

Insides are great it's just the no 4G that I don't know I would be ok with a year or so from now. Battery in 4G I hear is very bad. And I'm having that problem now in old iphone 3gs and can't stand charging it so much

I wouldn't suggest leaving the Apple platform at this point but that's just me especially when 4G at this point really isn't true 4G. I switched from using Blackberries for years this past spring and I'm so glad I did. From what I have read online however is that the "4G" phones out now are battery hogs and you should bring a charger with you (there you go 81 or Norm...a meatball right over the plate).
    "true" 4g or not, the speed kill 3g speeds

As i said before, battery issues are over blown. I can go all day on my 4g phone.

Of course if you sit and watch a movie or surf the net for hours or run battery killing apps it wont last as long.

The only time 4g causes problems is when you have the 4g radio on and you arent connected to a 4g tower. It takes more power to search for a connection. If you are traveling you turn it off. Easy peasy problem solved
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20 ... droidAtlas

I here good things about 'Droid 3, but I'd wait for 'ice cream sandwich', and if rumors true, the Next Nexus is gonna be pretty sweet.

Personally, I'd wait to see what the next couple of months hold. Nothing wrong with the Droid 3, but even better devices should be rolling out soon.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Like 81 said, all smartphones will drain batteries. If you do a lot of streaming and you don't kill apps from time to time, you're battery will die quick!

I use advanced task killer on my phone and it extends the batt life by 2x. I'm always amazed at how much crap/apps are running even if I've never opened them. Gotta kill 'em!

I'm up for an upgrade and I'm not sure what to get. Whatever it is, it'll def be 4G. I have the original Droid now (2 years old) and it's been a good phone. Gonna have to do some research!