Apple TV question

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody here have it? I just got a brand new TV (yay me!) and was thinking of getting it to stream videos and such. If you have it what do you think of it?

I have high speed DSL, does anyone here that uses it have that as well, or is it impossible to watch anything on that sort of speed?

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i don;t have apple tv but i do have a roku which is the same thing but it's not tied to apple...i love it...netflix, hulu, youtube and i can stream pj radio...i can also plug in a external hard drive and watch movies from that
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    norm wrote:
    i don;t have apple tv but i do have a roku which is the same thing but it's not tied to apple...i love it...netflix, hulu, youtube and i can stream pj radio...i can also plug in a external hard drive and watch movies from that
    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Anybody here have it? I just got a brand new TV (yay me!) and was thinking of getting it to stream videos and such. If you have it what do you think of it?

I have high speed DSL, does anyone here that uses it have that as well, or is it impossible to watch anything on that sort of speed?

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)

I don't have Apple TV but I did stay at a Holiday Inn..wait they didn't have it either. Sorry. No help here.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965
    I'm going to be honest with you. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. But you're welcome. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm going to be honest with you. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. But you're welcome. :mrgreen:
    I get that reaction a lot, so no worries :lol:
  • JS2667JS2667 Posts: 1
    I have two. One in my bedroom and one in my living room. It's an awesome little device for 99 bucks IF you jailbreak it and install XBMC (look it up on youtube). then install the icefilms addon and you'll have access to absolutely every tv show and movie you could ever imagine..free.
    JS2667 wrote:
    I have two. One in my bedroom and one in my living room. It's an awesome little device for 99 bucks IF you jailbreak it and install XBMC (look it up on youtube). then install the icefilms addon and you'll have access to absolutely every tv show and movie you could ever imagine..free.
    Ahhh interesting, thanks for the tip :)