University of Miami Scandal: Nevin Shapiro

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Last night the U was the talk of practice as my boys play for The West Boynton Hurricanes. The same color scheme and sort of the same logo. This all started with prisoner and convicted felon Nevin Shapiro for a Ponzi Scheme of 80 million dollars. What goes around for the U comes around and they may have to pay with the death penality.

Should what this felon has to say be believed?

Miami Football Scandal: Nevin Shapiro Controversy Nothing New for the U

More on Shapiro...Who Is Nevin Shapiro

BTW speaking of prisons...TOP TEN PRISON movies....except Shawshank Redemption

Cool Hand Luke
Bridge Over the River Kwai
The Dirty Dozen...not really a prison movie but I saw it when it came out in the mid 60's
Stalag 17
Stir Crazy
The Longest Yard (1965)
The Hurricane
The Great Escape
Brubaker
Papillon

NCAA hit hard by college football scandal...they need to get their stuff together.

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I hope they get the death penalty, but if they do, and it comes out that this is happening at other schools (and I'd be SHOCKED if it was not) then it sets a precedent that, while good, might not be in the NCAA's best interest.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    **$930 million** ponzi scheme....

the death penalty would be interesting to see... after reading through the allegations made by the nevin dude, it seems possible.

g under p, i live just south of boynton in delray... my wife actually works in boynton at pyure salon on gateway...

go clemson.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965
    81 wrote:
    psssssssssssst. gUp wasnt as cryptic in his title!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

anybody that follows college football knows the term "the U"

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

anybody that follows college football knows the term "the U"

:P

perhaps he is referring to the "up next" portion?

i think 81 once bashed one of my thread titles :twisted:
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    He's believable because he's already turned over reams of paper evidence such as receipts and checks....there's the video evidence of him being on the field with the team....the pictures of him and the university president...yeah, I think the U is in a bit of trouble.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    NoCode416 wrote:

:lol:

bashed is such a strong word.....

ps, i'm gonna bash you in football. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    tybird wrote:
    He's believable because he's already turned over reams of paper evidence such as receipts and checks....there's the video evidence of him being on the field with the team....the pictures of him and the university president...yeah, I think the U is in a bit of trouble.

He actually led the team out of the tunnel before a few games, including the Orange Bowl. They can't distance themselves from this guy.

nevinshapiro.jpg?w=300
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    81 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

ps, i'm gonna bash you in football. :D

child, please
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    g under p wrote:
    Cool Hand Luke
    Bridge Over the River Kwai
    The Dirty Dozen...not really a prison movie but I saw it when it came out in the mid 60's
    Stalag 17
    Stir Crazy
    The Longest Yard (1965)
    The Hurricane
    The Great Escape
    Brubaker
    Papillon
    Death Warrant staring "The Muscles from Brussels", the great JCVD!

I would also like Tango and Cash in the honorable mention. :thumbup:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Jason P wrote:

I would also like Tango and Cash in the honorable mention. :thumbup:

"You want my vote for the Psycho Hall of Fame, asshole? You got it!"
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    NoCode416 wrote:
    **$930 million** ponzi scheme....

the death penalty would be interesting to see... after reading through the allegations made by the nevin dude, it seems possible.

g under p, i live just south of boynton in delray... my wife actually works in boynton at pyure salon on gateway...

go clemson.

I thought it was a lot more than the 89 million they said on the radio yesterday. Yes the West Boynton Hurricanes played Delray Beach last year and will be playing Delray aain this year. We are the defending Treasure Coast Champions Pop Warner Jr Midget division.

As for Nevin and the *U* they can not separate themselves at all. Just checkout the look on the U's President upon presentation of a $50,000 check to the school.....OH Goodie.

Donna-Shalala-and-Nevin-Shapiro.jpg

http://www.imagecpr.com/?p=8501 More on the image above.

The school is in big trouble since this felon appears to have a paper trail. However, he wanted to be such an insider by having his name on a cafeteria, leading the team out on the field and such why throw the team and the school under the bus now just before the start of school?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)