Scotland named as 'Manliest Nation'

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.bluebeards-revenge.co.uk/blo ... he-planet/

The nation that gave us Braveheart topples both Australia and England in the ‘manly’ stakes

Scotland, a country that has given us the likes of Rob Roy, Braveheart, Sir Walter Scott, William Wallace and Robert Burns, now has another reason to celebrate after being voted the manliest nation on the planet.

The country, which has a population of around 5 million, picked up 26% of the public vote in a survey organised by luxury grooming brand The Bluebeards Revenge, dubbed the “world’s manliest shaving range”.
400px Gerard Butler Berlin Film Festival 2011 200x300 Scotland named ‘manliest nation’ on the planet

Australia took second place on 16%, with England third on 15% and Russia a close fourth on 14%.

Scotland, famous for its legendary haggis, whisky and irn bru, is also the birthplace of masculine actors Gerald Butler, Ewan MacGregor and Sean Connery and the outspoken celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey.

Nick Gibbens, spokesperson for The Bluebeards Revenge, said: “When you look at the landscape, you know Scotland breeds a manly population. Geologically speaking, it is ancient, combining mountains, wilderness and Arctic landscape.

“Some of the toughest sports in the world are also played here. Who can overlook the Great Putt of the Inverness Stone at The Highland Games or the sport of Munro-Bagging that attracts only the brave and the hardy?

“Biking, hunting, sailing, and countless other manly sports are played here, often in adverse weather conditions that would deter the most avid sportsman.

“Scotland also produces around 90% of all SAS members and is home to the deep fried mars bar, making it a very deserving winner of this coveted title.”

Survey Results: Top 10 Manliest Countries
1.) Scotland 26%
2.) Australia 16%
3.) England 15%
4.) Russia 14%
5.) Finland 7%
6.) New Zealand 6%
7.) Ireland 5%
8.) Canada 4%
9.) Italy 3%
10.) USA 2%
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes, but they were talking about the women. :lol:

;)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Oh no - are we ever going to hear the last of this!
    :D
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Yes, but they were talking about the women. :lol:

;)
    :lol:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    conman wrote:
    Yes, but they were talking about the women. :lol:

;)
    :lol:
    haha, good one :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    "Munro-Bagging" Hmmm....
  • Aussies should be # 1
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Just remember, the US gave you the Justin Beiber hairstyle and spin classes.

You're welcome, world.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

You're welcome, world.

Um...Beiber is Canadian.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

You're welcome, world.

Um...Beiber is Canadian.

oh get you with all the Bieber knowledge
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Aussies should be # 1

if it was a contest for Most Suntanned Nation of Criminals you guys would be No.1
    "Munro-Bagging" Hmmm....

no relation to Bilbo.

its mountain walking if anyone is remotely interested. :lol:
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I'm very proud of my Scottish heritage.
    dunkman wrote:
    "Munro-Bagging" Hmmm....

no relation to Bilbo.

its mountain walking if anyone is remotely interested. :lol:

If you went Munro-Bagging and woke up with your pants down, would you tell anyone?
    dunkman wrote:

You're welcome, world.

Um...Beiber is Canadian.

oh get you with all the Bieber knowledge

You think this is my one and only fan club?

oh which reminds me... i'm a bit late with the summer poster this year bro... this goes for anyone else who is a member of www.scotlandinventeddunk.com
    edited August 2011
    dunkman wrote:

oh which reminds me... i'm a bit late with the summer poster this year bro... this goes for anyone else who is a member of http://www.scotlandinventeddunk.com

Been a member since '04 and have the t-shirt.

d_bag_t_shirt-p235161140855137264q6iv_400.jpg
    Post edited by Dissidentman on
  • Scottish men are indeed very manly...not to mention HOT, kilt and all!
    ME-OW!

Of course I am a bit biased.... :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
    http://www.thebans-rfc.co.uk/

I'm afraid to click on "see all the action"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

:lol::lol:

now that's manly!!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

You're welcome, world.

Um...Beiber is Canadian.
    True, but we're not the ones that elevated him to celebrity status. The guy would be a nobody if he was only popular in Canada.

You're welcome, world.

Um...Beiber is Canadian.
    True, but we're not the ones that elevated him to celebrity status. The guy would be a nobody if he was only popular in Canada.

That goes for every popular Canadian.

;)
    norm wrote:

now that's manly!!

i'm hoping his good lady checks his internet history and see that he's been typing into Google "gay scottish rugby team" :twisted:
  • dunkman wrote:
    Aussies should be # 1

if it was a contest for Most Suntanned Nation of Criminals you guys would be No.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqviCx3BsrQ
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I blame the metrosexuals for taking the U.S. down on the list. Any country that uses as much Pureel and Axe Bodyspray as we do doesn't really even deserve to be on the list.

Somebody needs the thaw the corpse of Chuck Heston and get Chuck Norris on the blower! Time to step it up, America!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Jason P wrote:
    I blame the metrosexuals for taking the U.S. down on the list. Any country that uses as much Pureel and Axe Bodyspray as we do doesn't really even deserve to be on the list.

Somebody needs the thaw the corpse of Chuck Heston and get Chuck Norris on the blower! Time to step it up, America!
    agreed. we are a pansy lot. jesus h. christ, america. what the hell gives? i chop wood for heating & cooking, i use zero axe body spray, i stink like crap, i wear 3 kilts at once, i run on gravel with no shoes, i punch old people in the fudds, and i am a genius who invents everything.

oh, and i cut my fingernails with a sword and hammer. i do not trim my toenails.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dunkman wrote:
    norm wrote:

now that's manly!!

i'm hoping his good lady checks his internet history and see that he's been typing into Google "gay scottish rugby team" :twisted:

It's a Bookmark sir.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965
    Just remember, CANADA gave you the Justin Beiber hairstyle and spin classes.

You're welcome, world.
    fixed
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14