claiming lottery funds (and odd things done with big money)

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
would you do it by mail?
would you walk in your local lotto office?
would you take your time collecting?

i been thinking on this lately. i have a powerball ticket i have not checked. it's a winner. 9 or 15 million i know it. think i'll think about it for awhile.

also, i would not publicly announce i won anything.
then i'd vanish for the most part.

i'd pay my utility bills as follows:
1. send electric company 10 grand
send me a bill when you need more

2. send phone company $13.00 a week
3. internet bill... same as the phone except i'd send them 4 bucks at a time, every other day until they started sending me checks back due to over payment
4. buy $1,000,000.00 worth of burgers, buns, cheese, and beans...have a cook out for the poor while smoking ass kickin weed under some bridge like a teenager or hobo
5. purchase a very new corvette and use it to haul lots of chickens around in the mud
6. and finally...
buy every mr. rogers dvd i can
send them to different friends around the world

i am ridiculous the person.
don't ever forget it.

11. spray paint "ridiculous" on my vette or horse. (not sure which yet)
9. pay for the local police officers' lunch with crack & hooker money
13. send the IRS 1.3 million dollars with zero explanation other than "why now u don't bitching?"

?anyone got ideas
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Seriously, I think I'd buy a nice (not ridiculous) house, some guitar gear, and a Dodge Challenger. Other than that, live my life as it is now, just going to more shows/travelling more. I'd finish school because, well, I'd get bored otherwise.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i would get a lawyer to claim the funds so that my name wasn't out there

i would put in my two week notice, put my feet up on the desk and read the newspaper for two weeks.

i would pay off the house and buy a pair of new zr1's. gotta have two, just in case. :lol: maybe a ZL1 while i'm at it. :lol:

i'd travel, drive fast and enjoy life.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I'd pay off the mortgage, buy a Nissan Juke, and take my team at work out for a nice dinner.

Oh, and I'd get a TV for my trailer.

Dare to dream big, I say.
    8-)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I hope Lady Luck is on your side.... ;)

I'd run to some secluded spot... for about 6 months.

But, continue pretty much as I do, - I'd make a few changes... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Like Jules from Pulp Fiction I would:
    "Walk the Earth, meet people....get into adventures. Like Caine, from Kung Fu..."

Pay off all outstanding debt for family and friends, spend a few years traveling all around (could do that on just interest alone) and then determine what the subject for Documentary #1 would be. (My wife has been a producer and is now in casting...we love docs and it would be a cool excuse to make one. Judging by the great/shit ones I have seen we could have a good shot at landing somewhere in the middle on try #1!)

If I spent it all I would go back to work and be just like everyone else.

Would be nice!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    good call, 81
    i never thought that through

so i suppose waiting around gets shit all stirred up
    don't need that

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have no work to say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOKJTRHMdw

but I'd pay off the mortgage, student loans etc

buy a nice house on Lake Washington/Lake Union

travel the world...following PJ and meeting the cool PJ fans that won't be at PJ20

oh, and along 81s lines... get a PO box...and I have ways of making a name change 'non-public' info.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    good call, 81

don't need that

the less people know the better. id do it myself. i wouldnt trust a lawyer to collect my big fat cheque anymore than id trust one to run the country....... plus youd have to pay him... and that only encourages them.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Get youself a solar powered home, eventually the power company will be sending you checks.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    good call, 81

don't need that

the less people know the better. id do it myself. i wouldnt trust a lawyer to collect my big fat cheque anymore than id trust one to run the country....... plus youd have to pay him... and that only encourages them.

typically i would agree, but in this case, a few bucks is worth the price of freedom from people knowing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i'd rob a bank and then hire the most prestigious legal team in the country to get me acquitted
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    good call, 81

don't need that

typically i would agree, but in this case, a few bucks is worth the price of freedom from people knowing

where im from unless you take out an ad in the dailys, or suddenly lose your taste cause youve blinged up, no one will know but those you choose to tell.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    where im from unless you take out an ad in the dailys, or suddenly lose your taste cause youve blinged up, no one will know but those you choose to tell.

that shit would be on the front page around here. anytime there is a big prize they always say, "the ticket was sold in X town at Y store"

no thanks

i'll take the 10K lawyer bill to not have to deal with the hands
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

that shit would be on the front page around here. anytime there is a big prize they always say, "the ticket was sold in X town at Y store"

no thanks

i'll take the 10K lawyer bill to not have to deal with the hands

and that sir baby, is why you never buy locally. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Oh! Pay for my best friends' school expenses. She's helped me through so much, she deserves it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    chadwick wrote:
    would you do it by mail?

i been thinking on this lately. i have a powerball ticket i have not checked. it's a winner. 9 or 15 million i know it. think i'll think about it for awhile.

3. internet bill... same as the phone except i'd send them 4 bucks at a time, every other day until they started sending me checks back due to over payment
    4. buy $1,000,000.00 worth of burgers, buns, cheese, and beans...have a cook out for the poor while smoking ass kickin weed under some bridge like a teenager or hobo
    5. purchase a very new corvette and use it to haul lots of chickens around in the mud
    6. and finally...

don't ever forget it.

13. send the IRS 1.3 million dollars with zero explanation other than "why now u don't bitching?"

?anyone got ideas

this is the most ridiculous post i have ever read
    www.myspace.com
    chadwick wrote:
    would you do it by mail?

6. and finally...

don't ever forget it.

?anyone got ideas

but not even close to the most ridiculous post youve ever written. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

zing!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    i was disappointed that numbers 7, 8, 10, and 12 were omitted. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I love #13. If you do this please take photos and any possible reply letters you get from them.

post of the week :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    81 wrote:

post of the week :lol::lol::lol:
    #winning
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    chadwick wrote:
    would you do it by mail?

6. and finally...

don't ever forget it.

?anyone got ideas

shouldn't the first thing on your list be to accquire a conscience? :twisted:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Oh the dreams I have about this. First off I I got it this week I'd buy tickets to all the south America shows. But I would also have a travel agent set it up so I could see the other parts of the areas, rainforests and what not. I would also bring my family so someone could watch my kids while at the pj shows.
    I'd buy a big assed house in my city on the lake with a huge basement for all my pj collection. And I'd also be buying that collection on the lost dogs forum.
    Pay all mortgages on family homes and a few friends. A paid mortgage is a huge thing IMO. Wish mine was paid.
    Cars, corvette forsure, a Lexus for the family and a black 69 charger.
    I would also have a huge fucking boat that I'd have to have some special captains license for.
    Then when I'm bored I'd go to the best culinary school just for shits and giggles.
    Then I'd get a bunch of people on here their holy grail.
    Oh and I'd go to Hollywood for a year and be a paparazzi.
    I could go on and on, cause it's always on my mind about winning the lotto. And we pay no taxes on winnings in Canada.
    Shit, I'd be happy with enough to redo my kitchen and finish my basement.
    Dreams....
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    Oh the dreams I have about this. First off I I got it this week I'd buy tickets to all the south America shows. But I would also have a travel agent set it up so I could see the other parts of the areas, rainforests and what not. I would also bring my family so someone could watch my kids while at the pj shows.
    I'd buy a big assed house in my city on the lake with a huge basement for all my pj collection. And I'd also be buying that collection on the lost dogs forum.
    Pay all mortgages on family homes and a few friends. A paid mortgage is a huge thing IMO. Wish mine was paid.
    Cars, corvette forsure, a Lexus for the family and a black 69 charger.
    I would also have a huge fucking boat that I'd have to have some special captains license for.
    Then when I'm bored I'd go to the best culinary school just for shits and giggles.
    Then I'd get a bunch of people on here their holy grail.
    Oh and I'd go to Hollywood for a year and be a paparazzi.
    I could go on and on, cause it's always on my mind about winning the lotto. And we pay no taxes on winnings in Canada.
    Shit, I'd be happy with enough to redo my kitchen and finish my basement.
    Dreams....
    awesome stuff.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    #53 accquire conscious so prisom leaves me be.
    #19 go to school to learn about flies, paper, sand, and monkies.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Odd things Bought or Done with Big Money:

1. Light Yankee Candle factories on fire. That would smell great. (Handle the jars by the base.)

12. Fill your pool up with licensed and bonded sea serpents

14. Be a stupid customer everywhere you go. The goal is to make the clerk completely pissed off. Then give them a big tip so that they feel like shit too.

515. Equip all the rooms in your house with trambolines and pianos.

15. Act like an ass. People will forgive you.

15. Buy hobo patches. 17,000 hobo patches at least

16. Ask for your lottery winnings in small bills and change. Ones and nickels.

17. Make restaurant reservations and ask for a table for eight. Eat there by yourself but throughout the meal, put your legs & feet on top of other chairs, put your hand on a chair, etc. like you're saving them. See # 14.

18. Buy your friends

19. Buy a circus and serve only potato salad. Tell the audience "THERE'S NO FREAKING ELEPHANTS HERE, YOU DORKWADS"

20. Billboard advertising. Who ever said they couldn't be just real stupid messages. .....

.......(rushes out to buy a ticket)
    Dang Dang wrote:
    Odd things Bought or Done with Big Money:

1. Light Yankee Candle factories on fire. That would smell great. (Handle the jars by the base.)

12. Fill your pool up with licensed and bonded sea serpents

14. Be a stupid customer everywhere you go. The goal is to make the clerk completely pissed off. Then give them a big tip so that they feel like shit too.

515. Equip all the rooms in your house with trambolines and pianos.

15. Act like an ass. People will forgive you.

15. Buy hobo patches. 17,000 hobo patches at least

16. Ask for your lottery winnings in small bills and change. Ones and nickels.

17. Make restaurant reservations and ask for a table for eight. Eat there by yourself but throughout the meal, put your legs & feet on top of other chairs, put your hand on a chair, etc. like you're saving them. See # 14.

18. Buy your friends

19. Buy a circus and serve only potato salad. Tell the audience "THERE'S NO FREAKING ELEPHANTS HERE, YOU DORKWADS"

20. Billboard advertising. Who ever said they couldn't be just real stupid messages. .....

.......(rushes out to buy a ticket)

:lol:

i like 17
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    101. pay the courthouse in advance for all the stupid shit you're going to be doing. write the judge and ask what would the fine be, send funds, then do stupid shit.

speeding, simple pot marijuana possession, jaywalking, burning your own car down, and peeing on courthouse pillars @ 3:30am and again @ 12-noon, and finally driving everywhere in reverse

discuss...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • on a serious note:
    1. Build a kickass house somewhere on the water (ocean, river, lake). Doesnt have to be ridiculously huge, but big enough to host guests, as well as have a music room and a big art studio equipped with a glass hot shop.
    2. Buy both a sweet 65-69 VW bus and a 70's model Jeep Wrangler with no top
    3. Go to culinary school
    4. Start an arts school for underprivelaged kids; hire bad ass artist to teach fine arts, performing arts, and music
    5. Travel (a lot)
    6. Invest
    7. Give back
    We were but stones your light made us stars