Options

WINNER(S)***PJ20 CONTEST PT.2...FOR FREE***

jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
edited September 2011 in Lost Dogs
Less than three weeks to go mother scratchers!!! There are some lucky ones, including myself, who in short time will be heading to Wisconsin and there are a lot of friends who will not be going. This contest is only for those who are NOT going to Alpine Valley. So, to qualify you must:

a. Not be going to Alpine Valley
b. Post in this thread something you anticipate happening at the festival (i.e. Dave Grohl shows up to play with Josh, members of the Strokes and Eddie a cover of "Mercy Mercy Me" 8-) ; Dimitris proclaims a round on him and buys everyone in attendance, including the bands, a round of drinks ;) :P ; Stone, having recently learned he can summon his sixth sense :idea: , uses the force and levitates Jeff during an otherworldly performance of MFC; etc.).

The winner will receive and poster and t-shirt from the gig and, if my dollars make sense, perhaps another goodie or two. The contest is open 'til next Monday, August 22nd, at 12CST. I'll PM the winner after the contest closes to work out shirt size, address, etc. Shipping worldwide is included. Please do not enter if you're going.

Good luck!!!

And the winner is......

dmaradona10

I pulled a second number for an unspecified bit of paraphernalia from PJ20 and that goes to:

RW8297

Congrats to both of you :D !!! I'll PM you shortly to work out details. Thanks to everyone who participated! There are a lot of names that submitted who I was hoping to run into and put a face w/ the name. Another time, another place. Hope to meet you all at some point down the line.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Awesome giveaway!! Very cool of you to do this!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    edited August 2011
    AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!!! :mrgreen: If I was going it would be awesome if the band just started playing Kick Out the Jams and Dave Grohl comes up to play the tambourine....thanks so much for the chance!!!! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by thefixer9 on
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    I anticipate black being played

but would love to see Ten played front to back to open the show.

have fun all who are going
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Nice one!
    I anticipate Tom Petty's going to appear on night 1, drink a glass of bile-beer with Ed and perform Won't Back Down.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    Alpine Valley will become a reverse black hole and PJ will be sent to my backyard to play until 9:30 when they will return to AV to play for all the lucky fans who made it there...
    More likely...PJ will play an "extra" intense set with no special guests; EV will pop up with some other bands; McCreedy will play with Star Anna; Dave Grohl will play with QOTSA and maybe jump on the Big Train with PJ...

My size is XL and if you could gety the poster signed by the band that would be great!!!

Tear it up at the show for me!!!!!!!!

CANADA OR BUST...
  • Options
    nothing_man_92nothing_man_92 Canberra, Australia Posts: 344
    Neil young will show up and play RITFW with them!!! Thanks for the chance :)
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    What a contest, wish I could be there. I think Chris Cornell will show up to play Hunger Strike near the end of the second night.
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 286
    I think they are going to open the first night with release, and they will reveal a total of 2 or 3 brand new songs that no one there has heard before.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Mike Watt will show up and play Against the 70's with PJ!!! Thanks!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Wish I was going but we can't afford it!

I'm guessing the Glen Hansard will come out and play a few songs with Eddie (Society, Hard Sun). Other guests who will appear will be Neil Young and play Rockin' in the Free World and Fuckin' Up, Tom Petty will join for a song, and Mudhoney will join for a song.

Mike will have a kick ass guitar solo on Yellow Ledbetter, Eddie will come over early and play a bit of solo acoustic stuff, they will play a couple of songs from the new album they are working on, and my last prediction is that PJ will play for about 3 hours each night.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    i think Jack Irons will show up and finally give us the In My Tree bootleg we've been waiting for.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    awesome contest thread especially since I am not going, thank you!

My dream sequence would be for the first 5 or 6 songs to be songs from "Pre PJ" and how it got them all together to make Ten. For example, 1st song is a Mother Love Bone Song. Song 2: a Shadow song. Song 3: a Bad Radio Song leading up to a Temple of The Dog song and so on building up to all 5 band members + Boom being where they are today and 20 years later.

Thanks again for doing something for those of us staying home and living through everyone who is attending
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I anticipate that Pete Townshend will join the guys on stage for loudest Baba O'Riley sing a long ever

Thanks!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    Great contest :clap: I think they will preform a small acoustical set on one of the days
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Awesome contest, and very nice of you to find a way to include us not-so-lucky ones :D
    It would be cool to see the 2 Daves at some point join them for a couple of any songs from 91-94. Then maybe Dave Grohl do vocals with Eddie on "Young Man Blues." And then, Cornell come out for "Hunger Strike." That might be the best concert in the history of rock n roll right there :lol: Thanks for the chance!!!
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    kick ass contest! I'm thinking the band is going to play a new version of Lukin - calling it Lukin 3 8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Excellent contest! :clap::clap: Wish i was going, but would love to see (though probably not going to happen), an acknowledgement to the past and some "jam" involving all the PJ drummers...embracing PJ and ALL its contibutors to this great passion we all share!!! And i wouldn't say no to any form of acoustic re-enacment (MTV Unplugged), the one defining moment that made me a fan of PJ for life.... :D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Awesome! I anticipate an abundance of impromptu PJ side projects (Brad, Green River, EV solo).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    well I guess this could be a good thing that will come out of me so suddenly not being able to go,

I think that they will play DIRTY FRANK do to a bunch of annoying and relentless people on the porch :roll:

thanks alot for the chance, very cool of you 8-)
  • Options
    super cool giveaway and prize. ok it is going to be an amazing event and talked about for years to come be thats already a giver. ok i predict or anticipate over the weekend chris cornell showing up for hunger strike and neil young showing up for ritfw. a couple new songs and heaps of rare stuff and a surprise cover or two. cheers and thanks for the chance
  • Options
    EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    Thanks for the chance, very nice of you. I sadly wont be able to attend but I am predicting that Pete Townshend shows up to play a song.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    I anticipate 44 song sets each night!
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    PJ will open with Long Road in honor of the fans who travelled to the festival. Cornell will show up at some point for a Temple of the Dog reunion. Wish I could go, but an Unemployable right now.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    Hey man great contest! Brilliant idea! I forsee a brand new song being played for the first time ever! And everyone going ape shit over it!! And hey JJ please make sure you wear our hat to the gig! At least I'll feel I have a tiny connection to the festivities !! Have fun now y'hear!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    And hey JJ please make sure you wear our hat to the gig! At least I'll feel I have a tiny connection to the festivities !!

Done :D !!! The 2006-style blue PJ cap will be on my dome 8-) . I'll be carrying you with me my friend.
  • Options
    pumpz81pumpz81 Posts: 214
    Neil Young to show up play rockin in the free world and Fuckin' Up, and for all the drummers to come and play songs from their run with them
    05-03-2010 Kansas City, Missouri 05-04-2010 St Louis, Missouri 09-22-2012 Atlanta, GA (Music Midtown Festival) EV 11-09-2012 Austin 1 11-11-12 Austin 2 11-16-12 San Antonio
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Cool contest. I reckon I won't win this contest, but what will happen at PJ20 is CC will come out and do a couple of TOTD songs because I won't be there. Have fun all who are going.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    this is a really cool & very generous giveaway thank you man :)

since i wont be going i predict eddie goes friggin in the riggin :lol: to return to the stage to see dave A banging out the opening drum beat to once :lol:
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living