Six Feet Under

GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Posts: 3,076
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else love this show?

I am not a big t.v. person at all, however I am a HUUUUUGE Dexter fan. I started watching it through Netflix after the first three seasons when I was laid up at home after being in the hospital. I ordered Showtime just for Dexter. So, when the last season ended, I started watching Six Feet Under through Netflix just to get my Michael C Hall fix. I LOVED it from the start! I was so pissed when I found out the show ended! :lol:

My favorite character changed all the time, but I think overall, Nate was my favorite.

I waited weeks before watching the show's finale because I just did NOT want it to end! To date, this is probabaly my favorite series EVER.

So now I am considering ordering all the seasons on DVD just to be able to watch it all over again (and again, and again...)

Anyone else love this show?
Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Huge Dexter fan here as well. HUGE. And havent watched Six Feet Under but some people swear by it, and Michael C. Hall's acting as well.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Huge Dexter fan here as well. HUGE. And havent watched Six Feet Under but some people swear by it, and Michael C. Hall's acting as well.

Dexter= :clap: I am really looking forward to the new season starting!! :)

Try Six Feet Under- you will love it! Michael C Hall's character is COMPLETELY different than Dexter Morgan, but not in a bad way at all.
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Six Feet Under....definitely the best show ever made.
    that's the moss from the aforementioned verse...
  • Best show ever.
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    I didn't watch Six Feet Under until the beginning of this year. Someone had put up the entire show on youtube (it has since been taken down). I liked the first 2-3 seasons better than the rest. It's definitely a great show though. The acting is great. Kathy Bates in the later seasons is worth watching too, she's a hoot.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    One of the best shows ever made. The series finale is, in my opinion, the best finale ever made. It stuck with me for weeks, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I loved all the characters, Ruth was probably my favorite, followed closely by Claire. And David.

I miss that show.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    One of the best shows ever made. The series finale is, in my opinion, the best finale ever made. It stuck with me for weeks, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I loved all the characters, Ruth was probably my favorite, followed closely by Claire. And David.

I miss that show.

Ugh. Me too!! I wish it hadn't ended...

I have to agree on the finale 100%. it literally haunted my mind for probably weeks...I bawled my eyes out watching it- and then immediately watched it again.

Ruth drove me crazy in the early seasons, but she grew on me. I always likes nate- he fucked up but he owned up to it. David was a pretty awesome character as well; I think I liked him especially because he was so different from Dexter. I know that's stupid but it's true. David was pretty hilarious.
    Claire. I saw a lot of myself in her.

This show got me back on the Radiohead wagon as well. The end of season 2 (I think? Maybe 3) when they were burning all their stuff in the driveway and Claire goes upstairs and turns on "Lucky"- had me looping that song-then all things Radiohead- for days.

Why do good shows like this end and bullshit like "so you think you can dance" and "jersey shore" continue??
    Makes much more sense...

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Why do good shows like this end and bullshit like "so you think you can dance" and "jersey shore" continue??

haha, because there is no plot, no production, and virtually no cost. terrible though.

I love Dexter too, and have been meaning to check out Six Feet under. I can rent them for free from my local library I think. thanks for the reminder, maybe i'll get them this week.

how many seasons are in Six feet under?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Why do good shows like this end and bullshit like "so you think you can dance" and "jersey shore" continue??

haha, because there is no plot, no production, and virtually no cost. terrible though.

I love Dexter too, and have been meaning to check out Six Feet under. I can rent them for free from my local library I think. thanks for the reminder, maybe i'll get them this week.

how many seasons are in Six feet under?

Six Feet Under has 5 seasons...
    Check it out for sure if you have the inclination--you won't regret it!

It never ceases to amaze me the garbage people DO watch on TV---which is why the ridiculous "reality" shows stay on air...ahhhh guess I'll save those thoughts for a more appropriate thread :D
    Makes much more sense...

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Six Feet Under....definitely the best show ever made.

Absolutely. I watched it when it was current and cried when it was over. I STILL miss that show. And I don't even like tv all that much.

But I've recently gotten into Dexter... and now I'm addicted to that show!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Six Feet Under is simply genius! One of the best shows that has ever been produced.
    The acting, the complexity of each character and how it showcases the complexity of life, the dialog, the dark story telling....
    I think every TV producer should watch this show to really see how it's done.

I watched the show as it was aired, and haven't seen it since. I really need to go back and watch it again!!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Wow this thread is old. Just started rewatching. I haven't seen it since it originally aired. I'm a few episodes in for season 1, and am really enjoying it. Peter Krause and Michael C. Hall look so young. Season 1 was 20 years ago. Yikes!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
     GlowGirl said:
    Wow this thread is old. Just started rewatching. I haven't seen it since it originally aired. I'm a few episodes in for season 1, and am really enjoying it. Peter Krause and Michael C. Hall look so young. Season 1 was 20 years ago. Yikes!
    I must’ve watched the whole thing five or six times. I do it every couple years or so :)

The finale…oh god. 
  • Yeah amazing, happy to have the box sets and good idea to watch again especially with the darker evenings drawing in.