Options

To PJ Managment: Petition for Band of Horses at PJ20:

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited August 2011 in The Porch
The fans demand it. Please put your message of support. They've said their schedule is free and we want them at PJ20. This would be an exceptional addition. Band of Horses could do their own festival and I would go...

Please sign to support this...

porchdweller
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    +1
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I would like to see them there too, however, this could make it difficult,

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2C004704A3D13FF7?artistid=1020540&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

maybe hey could play Saturday only.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    PLEASE try and make this happen...only other band missing that would blow the roof off would be MMJ
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    -1 :?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Man. I already signed the Huey Lewis and the news petition.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    the need to release the schedule to show there's no room
  • Options
    SomeySomey Posts: 121
    Would love to see them get a nod, but really MMJ should, they the 2nd best band in the world next to PJ
    Somey

E.V. - United Palace Theater 08/05/2008
    E.V. - Beacon Theater 1 & 2
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    the need to release the schedule to show there's no room

The first nine acts on the two alternating side stages, starting at 12:00, ending at 5:30 and progressing from half hour sets to fifty minute sets.

The four headline acts on the main stage running from 6:00 to 11:30, forty-five minute sets with stage changeups leading to Pearl Jam.

Don't count on surprise additional bands as previously stated.
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605

Don't care about them or a majority showing up.

In fact I wish they would release a decent itinerary so I'd know when to show up.
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    Somey wrote:
    Would love to see them get a nod, but really MMJ should, they the 2nd best band in the world next to PJ

Having just seen MMJ play an epic show at Red Rocks last week, I would agree, but don't you think it's more likely only Jim James would show up as a guest during PJ's set? Less equipment issues.

Band of Horses is playing in Denver during PJ20, if they have any connections to Phish, they are more likely to show up at their Labor Day fest, and jam with them

I am hoping for more prestigious guests than BOH anyway. I want to see Pete plug in for a solo during the Real Me, Neil lead a couple of Mirrorball songs, Roger trade verses on LROM. That's my hope. I know if Eddie could choose he would definitely ask those three. I bet the band and their guests will be based at some fancy resort on Lake Geneva, so he can get Pete to come over if there is some sailing too.
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    +2 to make up for the two -1 out there...

+1 for me...

and an additional +1 for the next -1

That is +4 for those doing the math at home- thus resulting in a +2 overall.

:geek:
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    They can be the first on stage on Sunday, get outta there to make their Sunday night set in Denver!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    halesddhalesdd Posts: 1
    chaslil wrote:
    Somey wrote:

Having just seen MMJ play an epic show at Red Rocks last week, I would agree, but don't you think it's more likely only Jim James would show up as a guest during PJ's set? Less equipment issues.

Band of Horses is playing in Denver during PJ20, if they have any connections to Phish, they are more likely to show up at their Labor Day fest, and jam with them

I am hoping for more prestigious guests than BOH anyway. I want to see Pete plug in for a solo during the Real Me, Neil lead a couple of Mirrorball songs, Roger trade verses on LROM. That's my hope. I know if Eddie could choose he would definitely ask those three. I bet the band and their guests will be based at some fancy resort on Lake Geneva, so he can get Pete to come over if there is some sailing too.

I would freakin love if MMJ could make it. Absolutely love them. If Jim James would make, that will do I suppose. Be awesome to see Jim James and Eddie on the same stage. Went to Detriot hoping it would happen when MMJ opened for them in 2006 but no luck. Either way, it' is going to be one awesome weekend for sure.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited August 2011
    halesdd wrote:
    chaslil wrote:
    Somey wrote:

I would freakin love if MMJ could make it. Absolutely love them. If Jim James would make, that will do I suppose. Be awesome to see Jim James and Eddie on the same stage. Went to Detriot hoping it would happen when MMJ opened for them in 2006 but no luck. Either way, it' is going to be one awesome weekend for sure.
    I would love to see either or both groups at PJ20!!!
    Just saw MMJ at THE LC here in Columbus last Monday:
    IMAG0141.jpg

They were AMAZING & would have to agree that they may be the 2nd best band touring now!!
    I've also seen Band Of Horses 3 times in the last 2 years...
    Once in Louisville, Opening for PJ last year in Columbus, and Headlining at THE LC with BRAD opening for them!! They obviously have a pretty tight connection with the guys from PJ...
    What a GREAT SURPRISE it would be... to have either of the groups show up for a performance, maybe one on Saturday and the other on Sunday!!! :ugeek:
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Imo...There is way too many bands already lined up for this....Wish it was just a couple opening bands....

Jeremy
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    negative bad idea