George Lopez Gets The Boot

PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
"We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I hate George Lopez, but I feel bad for him...

Conan kind of did to him what Leno did to Conan... although maybe not as directly as what Leno did.

I wonder what they'll fill that time with... Tyler Perry's Late Night Roundup? :lol:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    I'm sure his Ex-wife won't lose any sleep over it

That Kidney story is pretty Mind boggling
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Yeah that's why I hate the guy.. I mean I was never a huge fan but was always more indifferent to him. After that story... how can you not hate the guy? I wouldn't watch his show just because of that.

I'm sure a lot of celebs do bad things, but the kidney story... yikes.
    drsluggo wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Yeah that's why I hate the guy.. I mean I was never a huge fan but was always more indifferent to him. After that story... how can you not hate the guy? I wouldn't watch his show just because of that.

I'm sure a lot of celebs do bad things, but the kidney story... yikes.

They were married forever if I remember correctly, high school sweethearts

And to leave like that shortly after..... Ouch

I think she wanted it back
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I never thought he was funny anyway. Just horrible delivery as a talk show host and he thought he was as cool as his guests.

What's the "kidney story". That he got a transplant from his wife and they later got divorced?
    DewieCox wrote:
    I never thought he was funny anyway. Just horrible delivery as a talk show host and he thought he was as cool as his guests.

What's the "kidney story". That he got a transplant from his wife and they later got divorced?

Bingo....... What do we have for him today Vanna??
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    Good- that show was horrible and he should have never gotten paid that much money.

Yes, I am a hater :lol: .
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • CROJAM95 wrote:

Why is it mind boggling? They split peacefully five years after the transplant. Its not like he got off the hospital bed and said "see you bitch"
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Good- that show was horrible and he should have never gotten paid that much money.

Yes, I am a hater :lol: .
    Me too... what can I say?

And if a spouse gives you their kidney you are theirs forever... I dont really remember it being 'peaceful' as it was heavily reported that he was the catalyst for it. If I'm wrong on that I apologize... he still isn't funny but I take that part back.
  • Good. Me no like him anyway.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    For what it's worth, let's bring back Kilborn.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Good. No offense to the guy, but I sat through one show and was wondering why on earth people were laughing. It was terrible.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    drsluggo wrote:

Conan kind of did to him what Leno did to Conan... although maybe not as directly as what Leno did.

I wonder what they'll fill that time with... Tyler Perry's Late Night Roundup? :lol:
    From what I remember Lopez was all for it and actually helped convince Conan to choose TBS. He probably thought that it would help boast his ratings.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    drsluggo wrote:

From what I remember Lopez was all for it and actually helped convince Conan to choose TBS. He probably thought that it would help boast his ratings.
    yes i remember him basically begging TBS to bring Conan on board.

PBM
    he had his own show on fox last year. it was at 6pm or so on my fox channel.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I'm a die hard conan fan but from looks of it he's next. I think they will give him maybe another year.
    I'll be back
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    I'm a die hard conan fan but from looks of it he's next. I think they will give him maybe another year.
    his new show just seems soulless the past few times i've watched it... its the same shtick but its just so tired now

and what little enjoyment there is is ruined by fucking andy piping in with his unfunny $.02 every chance he gets
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117

PBM
    I miss Kilby. I liked his show. Talk about someone who fell off the face of the globe. Where's Craig Kilborn been?
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    metsfan wrote:
    he had his own show on fox last year. it was at 6pm or so on my fox channel.

I saw where he was hosting an hour show...something like "The Kilborn File." Despite what a lot of folks thought of him, I thought Kilborn was a great late night host.

PBM

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    his new show just seems soulless the past few times i've watched it... its the same shtick but its just so tired now

and what little enjoyment there is is ruined by fucking andy piping in with his unfunny $.02 every chance he gets

agreed. andy is fucking worthless.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Are his rating that bad?!?

I still think "Conan" is better than they show they put on while on the Tonight Show. He was waaaay to reserved on the Tonight Show.

But yeah...Lopez was extremely not funny.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    aNiMaL wrote:

PBM
    I miss Kilby. I liked his show. Talk about someone who fell off the face of the globe. Where's Craig Kilborn been?
    I think he has been avoiding sexual harassment suits.