Love, kindness, empathy

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm hoping these are universal traits of humanness, but I haven't been outside the U.S. much. If I see an act as an act of kindness would it be considered weakness in another culture, would it be considered an act of loyalty?

For those that have travelled a lot or rather are sensitive to cultural shifts, what are the *good* human qualities that span the world?
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    The original 4 virtues,
    as set forth by Plato + Aristotle, are:
    temperance (ie. self-control);
    wisdom;
    justice;
    courage.
    Faith, hope, + charity were eventually included
    to form the 7 Virtues,
    the opposite of the more infamous
    7 Deadly Sins.

Of course, 1 must respect other cultures
    when immersed in them-
    this is important.
    However, "to thine own self be true"
    as Polonius once said; that is the most important lesson.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Aha!

I talked with my boss, and he said something that reminded me of when I used to work in a child care with babies. Boy oh boy can babies educate the world.

They smile when they see a familar face
    They are curious
    Eating is a good thing, and they spit out what doesn't make sense. I've seen 2 year olds leave most of cake on their plates. I was surprised as I thought an addication to sugar was universal.

The best of the universal human experience can be seen when we watch babies interact or when we watch a baby.

When I was a baby my twin used to crawl over and sit on me. Hmmmm, what does that mean? I was the familiar rock :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Aha!

I talked with my boss, and he said something that reminded me of when I used to work in a child care with babies. Boy oh boy can babies educate the world.

They smile when they see a familar face
    They are curious
    Eating is a good thing, and they spit out what doesn't make sense. I've seen 2 year olds leave most of cake on their plates. I was surprised as I thought an addication to sugar was universal.

The best of the universal human experience can be seen when we watch babies interact or when we watch a baby.

When I was a baby my twin used to crawl over and sit on me. Hmmmm, what does that mean? I was the familiar rock :D

So....it's a good thing to act like a baby?
    Take THAT, ex-girlfriend!

...Ok, I'm done with the horrible joke comment.
    This is an interesting subject. I'd like to think that people around the world share some similar traits. They just show them in different ways.
    This is a cool topic.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    1. Give all three first without expecting anything back.
    2. Apologize if you didn't give any one of the three when you could have (even if that apology is to yourself.)
    3. Smile.

I do all those things as best I can.

Have a beautiful day. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    For those that have travelled a lot or rather are sensitive to cultural shifts, what are the *good* human qualities that span the world?

the smaller the town, the nicer the people
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Is this why I am so nice? :think:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

aren't you in toronto?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

aren't you in toronto?

:lol: no...born there but I lived in much smaller towns and cities for most of my life. :D

And T-Dot peeps are really cool...I still don't get why people say they are not nice... :think: