Such a Great day!!!

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok so the day started off with: I had friends from Joplin, who were IN Denver, call me at 8 this morning saying they wanted to come visit me while out here.. That was cool, so they got here by 11, and we all had lunch at the house here, they showed me pics of the devastation that Joplin survived this last May, and I got to meet the dog that literally blew into their yard in the Tornado-his name is Wheeler cause he was discovered on the roof of their shed with a tire around his neck-we sat in the jacuzzi, and I generally tried to talk them into moving out to Colorado. My dad ( who generally doesn't like many of my friends) tried to talk them into moving out here as well. We talked about all our crazy times in Joplin, like working with girl WHO ONLY HAD ONE TOOTH!!!
And some other crazy things.. We talked about how their Pit/Lab Buddy and my Wolf-dogs, Ace and Momo, were the best of friends before each died respectively..And how it was so cool to get to see each other.
So, I get to work and I work with this chick tonight that has been to Joplin so I show her all the pics my friend had shown me earlier, and turns out she knows one of them!! ( INSANE!! So naturally I ask her if she knew the girl with one tooth.. Because we had ALLLLLLLLL worked at the same place, and until the Tornado, my friend still worked there, and so did the girl with one tooth, whom incidentally has lost her one tooth..) She looks at me like I was smoking crack, so I tell her the story, and we're busting up laughing about this allllllll night.. which made work really cool for the night ( the being able to laugh..and not to be mean but you had to know this girl to know why the one tooth thing was so funny, other than all the red-neck jokes about one-toothed people), then I get home and check my email.. only to discover My Ten club orders should be here by early next week!! Can't wait to see my shirt and hoodie!! What a great day..And since I'm off tomorrow, I think I'll call my now toothless friend, and see how the tooth met its demise..My bet is meth..but I'll know by end of morning tomorrow..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    thats a cool story. i'm friends with someone who went to college in joplin and has family there and lives in clever
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cool.. Joplin is a crazy town to live in if you don't do drugs.. But I will never regret the 8 years I lived there.