Those people yelling & running around at the stock exchange

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't get it, what are they doing?
What's going on there?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    They need hugs too.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    atm losing billions of dollars
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    overreacting
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    maybe they've heard that Charlie in the Bonds dept has worn jeans to work today instead of dress down Friday?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    maybe they've heard that Charlie in the Bonds dept has worn jeans to work today instead of dress down Friday?

Everyone knows Charlie wears pleated khakis every day of the week.
    dunkman wrote:

they also know he doesn't surf
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

they also know he doesn't surf

Goes without saying, he has a vestigial tail.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965
    You guys dont know the market at all!!!

The reason is because its run around tuesday. The yelling is optional.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

This makes perfect sense! What happens on Wednesdays?
    mickeyrat wrote:

BenGay wednesdays. From all the pulled muscles on Tuesdays.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Looks better on TV than standing around counting their money
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Funny, Castle Fuckula has BeenGay Wednesdays...
    mickeyrat wrote:

oh thats tomorrow... which reminds me.. i must iron my tighty whiteys
    mickeyrat wrote:

Ohhhhhh, thats right!!!! Huh. SO what you are saying here is that scotland is the sole cause of the worlds economic woes?

Well, scotland did invent tanking economies.

we did actually invent modern economics :lol::lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    tumblr_lgld0bvC3w1qce7cdo1_500.gif
    dunkman wrote:
    we did actually invent modern economics :lol::lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith
    I'll stand by my statement!! ;)

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I don't get it, what are they doing?
    What's going on there?

drugs.

they're all on benedryl.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Could someone please give me a serious answer? :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Could someone please give me a serious answer? :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_market
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Could someone please give me a serious answer? :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_market

Thank you! :)
  • EZ3455EZ3455 Posts: 79
    I am no expert, and I didn't check all the posts, but I noticed the first few did not answer this question.
    Maybe I can provide a tiny bit of info: At the NYC Stock Exchange, no one's yelling or running much these days. It's a quiet place with people standing around terminals. They are usually executing trades for other people, in order for those people to have an immediate line to the exchange.
    On the Mercantile exchange, in Chicago, (the CME) it is more of an auction floor, where commodities are traded. I believe they began trading in that geographic location because the origin of the futures contract was for people who traveled by boat to deliver goods - starting North, and traveling South along varous rivers, especially the great lakes and then into the mississippi. Buyers would agree to pay a price up front to get thier delivery in the future from the suppplier.
    At the Merc, there is much more quick trading and yelling and finger gestures as the people on the floor communicate what they want to buy and for what price and for what delivery date, according to what their analysts and researchers are telling them, often by phone, from other locations, not on the actual floor.
    Having someone representing you on either floor is the way to get the quickest and fastest price you want. For this, the people on the floor usually take a service fee per share or trade.