Apartment showings..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
What are the rules for a landlord showing an apartment?

My landlord asked if they could show my apartment while I'm still living in it. I'm not out for almost two months!.. I said ok, but to call me first, but I don't know if I like the idea of strange people in my home when I'm not there and I don't know if I like the idea of hosting them or being an exhibit when I am there.. I've got a crazy kitten who will be up in anyones face and try to escape if the door is left open.

I've been on a dozen or so apartment viewings and have never been shown an apartment with an occupant still living in it. :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Don't know about over there but it happens all the time here. An owner can sell the house while tenants are still in it but you have to give them a few months notice for them to find a new place.

But if you lease is running out soon and you are not renewing it or they arent it might be a different story if they are looking for new tenants while you still live there.

Maybe look into your rental agreement/lease to see if there is anything in there about it. Or talk to a local real estate agent or property manager to see if and what you can do.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    check the lease.

i once agreed to allowing them, but i had lived there 5 years and was cool with teh land lord...it was also a single guy doing the landlord work.

if it was a corporate landlord, i most likely would say no if they asked.

happens every day in teh housing world
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg