Bitchin' Kitchen

LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else watching this on the cooking channel? I caught an episode this weekend and it was hilarious. I like cooking shows, and I love Nigella's but even I can't watch hers more than once an episode. I found myself re-watching bitchin' kitchen on Sunday after just watching it. I also made some of the recipes....I think this was a web phenom before it hit the cooking chanel. It's way better from what I can tell, on tv but, anyone else catch it?

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/bitchin ... index.html

http://bitchinlifestyle.tv/
bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Isn't the Bitchin' Kitchen the name of the eatery over on the Porch thread?
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    DS1119 wrote:
    Isn't the Bitchin' Kitchen the name of the eatery over on the Porch thread?

I have no idea....link? Or is it on the first page?

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The chick's voice annoys the s#it outta me...I could only get thru half an episode.

she's like Jersey shore mixed with Juliette Lewis and Andrew dice Clay :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    RKCNDY wrote:
    The chick's voice annoys the s#it outta me...I could only get thru half an episode.

I feel the EXACT same way, but everyone else loves it so I think I'm the weird one. :P
    drsluggo wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I feel the EXACT same way, but everyone else loves it so I think I'm the weird one. :P

Good, For once I like what more people like. Maybe that means it will be on a while. Everything I like gets canceled! Her accent is strange but her look and show are interesting.

Lizardjam wrote:
    Good, For once I like what more people like. Maybe that means it will be on a while. Everything I like gets canceled! Her accent is strange but her look and show are interesting.
    I *think* it does really well for the cooking channel.. I wouldnt be surprised if it got bumped over to the food network from what I had read a month or so ago.
  • Spend a lot of time on that channel. But can't stand the way she talks and acts. I like how they show other aspects of food and where it comes from kinda like good eats. But other than that no one of my faves
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    Spend a lot of time on that channel. But can't stand the way she talks and acts. I like how they show other aspects of food and where it comes from kinda like good eats. But other than that no one of my faves

I used to love good eats. I don't know why but I'm kind of bored of it now. I love chopped! I like having a new food show to watch.

Bitchin Kitchen is also on the syletv like Nigella bites was. I like how Nadia is off beat and really into the food. Not to mention the colorful kitchen and very neat stuff she gets to work on. Some of those pots and cutting boards I'd love to have.

• Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Sorry to add to the negative side,
    but after seeing this twice, maybe 3 times,
    I do not enjoy the show.

The Food Network rocks though-
    "Good Eats" remains my desert-island favourite.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Spend a lot of time on that channel. But can't stand the way she talks and acts. I like how they show other aspects of food and where it comes from kinda like good eats. But other than that no one of my faves

I used to love good eats. I don't know why but I'm kind of bored of it now. I love chopped! I like having a new food show to watch.
    We LOVE Chopped... its just a fun show... although sometimes (a lot of the time)I find myself rooting against the arrogant chef they seem to have multiples of every week. :)

But along those lines... Chopped/Masterchef I really like for that kind of show. Also like Next Food Network Star and Top Chef for those types of things. I couldnt make anything like it, but its fun to watch...

Its sad that I watch more of that these days than network TV, but I guess that's what summers are for!
    drsluggo wrote:
    We LOVE Chopped... its just a fun show... although sometimes (a lot of the time)I find myself rooting against the arrogant chef they seem to have multiples of every week. :)

But along those lines... Chopped/Masterchef I really like for that kind of show. Also like Next Food Network Star and Top Chef for those types of things. I couldnt make anything like it, but its fun to watch...

Its sad that I watch more of that these days than network TV, but I guess that's what summers are for!

Yep! We root for the underdog too. I've figured though, now if you see any chef say they think they're going to win or anything they get chopped. They always show them being cocky before they get chopped. Sometimes I hate the judges too. The faces they make at the food and the chefs! I just want to slap 'em!

Lizardjam wrote:
    Yep! We root for the underdog too. I've figured though, now if you see any chef say they think they're going to win or anything they get chopped. They always show them being cocky before they get chopped. Sometimes I hate the judges too. The faces they make at the food and the chefs! I just want to slap 'em!
    Yeah I almost wonder if most of the chefs are arrogant during those interviews and they edit them in a way to show the winner as more likeable and the losing chefs are the dbags... :lol:

It tends to happen in a lot of reality shows, actually. I guess editing makes all the difference in the world!
  • RKCNDY wrote:

THIS!!!!
    drsluggo wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Yeah I almost wonder if most of the chefs are arrogant during those interviews and they edit them in a way to show the winner as more likeable and the losing chefs are the dbags... :lol:

It tends to happen in a lot of reality shows, actually. I guess editing makes all the difference in the world!

Yeah, I agree. I always wonder what they think of themselves when they watch. Some of them are such aholes!

I didn't think there would be such a bad feeling towards bitchin kitchen! So many people disliking it!