Here you go SG fans

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited August 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
Now I'm not a big SG fan. But this seems like a great piece

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... ric-guitar

Can't go wrong with P90's and a wrap around tail piece.
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    what does it have to do with SG . when it reads .

Gibson 50th Anniversary Pete Townshend SG Electric Guitar
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Jokertt® wrote:

SG=Satan's Guise
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    DewieCox wrote:
    Jokertt® wrote:

SG=Satan's Guise

OH no shit . i thought they meant soundgarden . my bad . LOL :?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,171
    edited August 2011
    i like that one. not crazy about the added stuff on the headstock. i'll bet those p-90s scream...

but i think i am partial to the one in my avatar...

8-)

this was posted when i had a pic of me with my blue sg as my avatar....

:oops: :oops:
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I need to buy a Les Paul special at some point.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    This is cool. Jeff Tweed SG. Love the pickguard and pickup surrounds.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-g ... re-sg.html
  • I need to buy a Les Paul special at some point.

I'd like a Les Paul with P 90s if it was offered in anything other than a Gold Top. Prefer Honeyburst.

If they offered a Junior with 2 P 90's and the wrap around tail piece that was priced similar to that SG I'd probably have one at home..
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

I need to buy a Les Paul special at some point.

I'd like a Les Paul with P 90s if it was offered in anything other than a Gold Top. Prefer Honeyburst.

If they offered a Junior with 2 P 90's and the wrap around tail piece that was priced similar to that SG I'd probably have one at home..
    They have a special with everything you mentioned other than the wraparound... MF for $1000.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I need to buy a Les Paul special at some point.

They have a special with everything you mentioned other than the wraparound... MF for $1000.

Yep, the wrap around tail piece is necessary. Yes you lose a bunch of attack, but open chords are magical.

I've never played a wraparound, I guess I need to to see what the fuss is about.

I wish PRS would make the SE One Korina into a Special type thing. I love those, but can't justify buying something that'd be a 'main guitar' with only one pickup.
  • I've never played a wraparound, I guess I need to to see what the fuss is about.

I wish PRS would make the SE One Korina into a Special type thing. I love those, but can't justify buying something that'd be a 'main guitar' with only one pickup.

That neck pick up is for "Looks" only :D

The sustain is overwhelming with a wrap around, but you loose a bunch of attack.

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    What's wrong with SG's? Lightweight lots of power.

A guild S100 man maybe?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:

A guild S100 man maybe?
    Personally, I've just never had an SG that sat right with me. Love the way they sound, just can't stand the feel.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

A guild S100 man maybe?

Making another rear appearance I see!

I'm never been crazy about SG's. Never cared for how they feel, or how they look. Just me. But heck I play bass!

• RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • oooooooooohh i want that white one...

then again i have an affinity for white guitars, so that one might have to come home with me :D

• Pacomc79 wrote:

A guild S100 man maybe?

Making another rear appearance I see!

I'm never been crazy about SG's. Never cared for how they feel, or how they look. Just me. But heck I play bass!
    i HATED sgs for the way they look for years...ever since i saw pete townshend and angus young with them when i was a little kid....until i picked one up and heard how ballsy and badass it was..

judging a guitar by it's shape is the same as judging a book by it's cover... 8-)

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Fair point, I don't like the shape much really either, and have hated bound necks at different times.

Love playing these beasts though, and I like the looks of the ones that don't have the full ginormous pickguards. The smaller or no pickguard ones I like.

That said, the power combined with the light weight is terrific. Makes me feel 10ft tall and bulletproof.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.