Options

The First coming

Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Can someone help me with this? I saw it in my local record store and its on Discogs. Its an apparently "legit" release but not from PJ. Is it legit? has anyone got it? Its pretty apt for PJ20 and has some nice extras.. the label is "Pretentious Moi".. I have never heard of it.

Let me know your thoughts.. its only 16 euros and I might buy it when I get some cash..

I have searched this forum but as far as I can see there is no chat about it here..

http://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-The-Fi ... se/2812902

Forgive my naivety on this if its a dodgy release and frowned upon, but I would love to know either way...

Mikee J
"My body's nobody's body but mine"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i have the MP3s of this if you want it ..... something tells me its a bootleg pressing ..
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    I suppose it can only be.... would love to know more about that though :D
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    joe2468 wrote:
    ...something tells me its a bootleg pressing ..

It is a bootleg.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    OK.. so that's pretty much decided. Thing is, someone made it, pressed it etc etc.. I cant find anything about it from the info given. Prententious Moi is a label from Germany, I think. Bust its also a Goth band. It was only released in Europe, this year so its quite new. Was this released somewhere on a different format before? I'm just curious.. bootlegs don't just appear from nowhere and this is quite an interesting one, especially 'cos of PJ20.
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:
    ...bootlegs don't just appear from nowhere and this is quite an interesting one, especially 'cos of PJ20.

Yes they do, there's plenty of unreleased/bootleg material from PJ, so is common to see these kind of records. Also they're ridding the wave of PJ20.

You can find that record on eBay.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:
    ...bootlegs don't just appear from nowhere and this is quite an interesting one, especially 'cos of PJ20.

Yes they do, there's plenty of unreleased/bootleg material from PJ, so is common to see these kind of records. Also they're ridding the wave of PJ20.

You can find that record on eBay.
    #

I think you misunderstand me.. I mean, someone has to physically make them and they don't just "appear" from the stratosphere :D . The info on the record suggests they are not to worried about people knowing who they are, unless its fake info of course. I wonder if PJ try stop these sorts if things. Its not exactly a secret, its listed in discogs.... I saw it on the site that shall not be named. I am just after a bit more info on it.. nothing more. Its a recording that is 20 years old so I am interested to see if its been around before etc etc.... :)
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:
    I think you misunderstand me..

Completely :lol:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:
    I think you misunderstand me..

Completely :lol:

Thanks for your help arq... awesome.
  • Options
    yeup, its a bootleg. i do have it, sounds as good as the actual demos

if you are a vinyl freak like me, than go ahead and buy.

not sure how the people pressing these are getting away w it, but there are a few more out there:

5- alive - newcastle 92 soundboard
    eddie sings the blues - compilation lp
    a deeper understanding - zurich 92 part1 soundboard
    a slippery slope - zurich 92 part 2 soundboard
    swiss time was running out zurich parts one and two in one sleeve, different photo from the two above) sb
    and now there is a melbourne 98 soundboard double lp kicking about.

again these shows are all avail for free via download if you know where to look...but if you like vinyl you really canot go wrong, i just wouldnt pay a ton for these, they are always popping up on ebay and whatnot
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    yeup, its a bootleg. i do have it, sounds as good as the actual demos

if you are a vinyl freak like me, than go ahead and buy.

not sure how the people pressing these are getting away w it, but there are a few more out there:

5- alive - newcastle 92 soundboard
    eddie sings the blues - compilation lp
    swiss time was running out zurich parts one and two in one sleeve, different photo from the two above) sb
    and now there is a melbourne 98 soundboard double lp kicking about.

again these shows are all avail for free via download if you know where to look...but if you like vinyl you really canot go wrong, i just wouldnt pay a ton for these, they are always popping up on ebay and whatnot

It was the vinyl pressing that interested me to be honest... I think I will buy it. I'm not a vinyl freak but have just got a new (old) record player and am a bit deflated with the whole digital download world so am lookig to buy a few records.. I cant afford to be a real vinyl freak! :D

It is interesting that these recordings are out there being sold in legit stores..... I suppose the indie stores need to make money and this is a potential sale for them...

Cheers! :D
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Hahaha you guys say vinyl freak like its a bad thing :P
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Hahaha you guys say vinyl freak like its a bad thing :P

the only negative thing to being a vinyl freak is that its so damned expensive
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

Is that the acoustic set?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Is that the acoustic set?

no, its from 06/18/92 i beleive. hte acoutic one may have been within days of this one.

now melkweg 92 lp is floathing about ;)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    just saw one of these, in my hunt for PJ20 vinyl... almost bit, glad I didn't
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    just saw one of these, in my hunt for PJ20 vinyl... almost bit, glad I didn't

its good to own if you need absolutely everything pj on vinyl. i have ths and like it