a picture from my local watering hole

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So this giant picture (seriously porbably 5' x 5') has been hanging in my favorite bar which I frequent quite often but I've never really thought to share it. The owner is a big PJ fan. It's a great place with over 80 beers on tap at any one time and hundreds in the bottle. The food is actually fantastic as well. I LOVE THIS PLACE! (sorry the photo quality is shitty)
PJinkickbacks-1.jpg
So what's your favorite place to throw a few back?
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    Nice, my fav spot is a place called Shannagen's Irish Pub. He has great draft, food is great and huge portions. Ken the owner is a great Irish guy and he is the one you want to take your order..........cause when time to get your bill, Ken always forgets to add some of your beer to the bill. There are nights when I was ready to go and expected a tab of over $100 and his bill will say something like 60-70 bucks..always leave hima great tip though cause I know he screwed up somehwere :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • not4uuunot4uuu Posts: 94
    I live in the middle of the Mohave Desert, just off the mighty Colorado River, and there is a cool little saloon right down the street, Circle H. 75 cent beers on Friday night and free pool every night. It is a nice little watering hole! :P
    pearljammin66
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    one where somebody else has the tab. :lol:

we ran up a 500 tab at our cubs post game. i'm still trying to figure that one out. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • when I was still drinking, up in KC, my favorite bar was this old biker dive called The Red Eye, the owner Shanelle used to let us smoke pot in the beer garden!! God I miss that place fun fun times up there!!
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    where I used to work. I knew a lot of people there. Never paid for a drink.

ah good times
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    So this giant picture (seriously porbably 5' x 5') has been hanging in my favorite bar which I frequent quite often but I've never really thought to share it. The owner is a big PJ fan. It's a great place with over 80 beers on tap at any one time and hundreds in the bottle. The food is actually fantastic as well. I LOVE THIS PLACE! (sorry the photo quality is shitty)
    PJinkickbacks-1.jpg

My wife would LOVE that pic hanging in the bar, wouldn't she Green Circle??
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJinkickbacks-1.jpg
    SWEET!! I'm sure you hear great music there too! :D

My dream to own.... PJ PizzaCafe
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Does this happen to be Kickbacks Gastropub?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • OMG how freaky I just updated my facebook status "Found a good watering hole, locked in for future gatherings."

Just got home from a quiet night with my mate.
    Guinness and hot chicks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    PJinkickbacks-1.jpg

I used to live in Jacksonville, where is this place? Lynch's Irish Pub used to be my favorite place to go on Jax Beach, their St. Patty's Day party was off the chain.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Rhino for the win! Yes, it's a place called Kickbacks Gastropub in the Riverside area of Jacksonville. I love Lynches as well. When I take a days off work I often find myself at the bar of Lynches eating an Irish breakfast and sampling a half dozen pints then hitting the beach.
    Rhino for the win! Yes, it's a place called Kickbacks Gastropub in the Riverside area of Jacksonville. I love Lynches as well. When I take a days off work I often find myself at the bar of Lynches eating an Irish breakfast and sampling a half dozen pints then hitting the beach.

Friend of mine frequents the place & he's mentioned PJ on the wall there before.

I need to hop over from TLH and check the place out someday. Maybe that Fleet Foxes show next month...

80 taps? Nicely done.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    Rhino for the win! Yes, it's a place called Kickbacks Gastropub in the Riverside area of Jacksonville. I love Lynches as well. When I take a days off work I often find myself at the bar of Lynches eating an Irish breakfast and sampling a half dozen pints then hitting the beach.

Friend of mine frequents the place & he's mentioned PJ on the wall there before.

I need to hop over from TLH and check the place out someday. Maybe that Fleet Foxes show next month...

80 taps? Nicely done.
    TLH...Tallahassee? Yes, 80 taps, always revolving and I swear they have over a thousand by the bottle. The beers a lil pricey (most crafts are between 4-7 bucks by the pint, but the food is also very good and more moderately priced. We're hittin up the FF show. Holler if you end up coming over this way!
    rhinomagic wrote:

80 taps? Nicely done.
    TLH...Tallahassee? Yes, 80 taps, always revolving and I swear they have over a thousand by the bottle. The beers a lil pricey (most crafts are between 4-7 bucks by the pint, but the food is also very good and more moderately priced. We're hittin up the FF show. Holler if you end up coming over this way!

Tallahassee, yes.

If, by chance, you know of spare tickets to Fleet Foxes I'd be interested to hear of it.

The only thing holding that up for us is two nights w/ Wilco in Atlanta the following week. PJ20, Bright Eyes (TLH), Fleet Foxes (JAX), and the Wilco shows all in September will put me on a concert cloud.

Cheers!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Mine? Zaphod Beeblebrox in Ottawa. Great live music, great atmosphere, and it's fun to dance to good music!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • We went to a pace in Huntington Beach Ca called 2nd Floor Food Art Drink. All menu items were rock music inspired. I had the Nirvana Burger and Pearl Jammin' pudding. The art work is all tattoo inspired. I wish we had something cool like that closer. There is only one bar in my town and it's almost always playing country music until I take over the jukebox and play the four Pearl Jam songs over and over.
    Emily