Options

tickets

westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I heard that pearl jam holds tickets on the day of the show for the fans to try to prevent scalpers from getting them,but u may have be to wait at the box office most of the day to see if they release any tickets. Anybody know if that may be true?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    The tickets held @ the box office are for fan club members who have pre-ordered them.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I heard that pearl jam holds tickets on the day of the show for the fans to try to prevent scalpers from getting them,but u may have be to wait at the box office most of the day to see if they release any tickets. Anybody know if that may be true?

At the East Rutherford, NJ shows in 2006, lots of guys were waiting most of the day for tickets, and they wound up getting really good seats.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    fc tiks are at willcall window.it opens a couple of hours before the show
    ya dont have to wait all day
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94

the first time I saw them back in 1994 in St Pete, FL I didn't have tickets so I stood in line for about 3 hours and they sold additional tickets about 20 minutes before they went on and they were good seats. I don't even recall if we got in before the opening act ended or not.

u2gator
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    as you may have heard, there are no transfers and exchanges for fan club this tour. i have seen LOTS of people on here who bought MSG tix from out of town complaining that they cant go. if you wait to see if they release tickets, you may be getting these tickets that the fans did not claim. also if you wait in the line, some great fans will come up to you and hook you up hopefully. worth the wait, IMHO
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I have had luck with some shows but not all shows. It depends on the show is my guess.
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Back in the mid to late '90's when I used to follow the band around for multiple shows I know they would hold back 1 or 2 decent rows for last minute sale to fans they knew were vagabonding along with the tour. This was common knowledge back then, but I've been out of the loop and can't speak for the policy these days.

Most venues hold back some floor seats until the equipment is set up and they see how much space they have left. If the sound board / lighting equipment doesn't take up as much room as estimated some pretty decent floor seats may materialize as early as day before the show. I've gotten a lot of great last minute seats knowing this.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    never ever ever ever ever happens

you have no chance at getting a ticket unless you pay a scalper
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    I know at the eddie solo shows they have relased last min tickets. Samew when i saw tool and they were front row. It all depends if they have extra tcikets left and they usually do
  • Options

just call ticketmaster the day of the show, its nothing more special than that.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    I bought tickets to "sold out" shows at the window a couple hours before the show...decent seats too.
  • Options
    it has nothing to do with PJ - all events hold tickets for last minute VIPs, tickets held for the band, etc. These are generally released the day before and day of the show.
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    never ever ever ever ever happens

you have no chance at getting a ticket unless you pay a scalper

Funny. Untrue, but funny.
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    Funny. Untrue, but funny.

shhhhh! people need find things out for themselves sometimes!
    If that dude snags my front row.....................

:D
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

Sometimes a venue will hold a certain amount of tix until shortly before the show...then release them to people at the will call window...

It happens, but would not rely on it...
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    it has nothing to do with PJ - all events hold tickets for last minute VIPs, tickets held for the band, etc. These are generally released the day before and day of the show.

Exactly....what she said
  • Options
    Exactly....what she said

You to! Pipe down over there! shhhhh! people need find things out for themselves sometimes!

If that dude snags my front row.....................

:D
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I got MSG night 2 03 day of the show at 4pm and they were One level above Mike and the floor...badass! I usually go to shows with no tix and every show I been to despite being advertised as Sold out, most of the diehards get in and get in good for being patient with friends of mine scoring front row half hour b4 showtime...I couldnt believe it, but yea. Its pretty common.
    Hell even that Irving plaza show I remember people comin in and tellin me after I got in, they just released like 30-40 tix or something like that.
    Pittsburgh 06 same thing...took Greyhound like 11 hrs from NYC and got a single from a fan within minutes of getting to the arena, again Mikeys side a lil higher, not too bad, AND got to rock out and burn one during the show with my boy pjtaper :D

and the stories go on...you just gotta have faith and know people
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    this thread has given me faith to believe that i will find tix for shows this summer.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

I do know but when i saw them in 03 in pittsburgh, i didn't have 10c tickets and the ones i did have were not that good, so just for the heck of it, i went to the box office just before the show to see what there was and i ended up getting seats that were way better than what i already had. They were two rows back on the side next to the 4th row on the floor. They were awesome seats! So, don't know if it's true or not, but that's what happened to me.
  • Options
    At the Cincy show in 06 I got the third row in the section right above the floor on Stone's side the morning of the show.

At a NIN show in Raleigh, I got second row seats the morning of the show as well.

Also check ticketmaster regularly each day and you may find decent tickets to shows that were supposed to have been sold out. I got tickets to a Beck show at the Cleveland House of Blues weeks after it was sold out.

On the day of the show, roam parking lots frequently as people always have extra ticks. If you do not mind being friendless or care to sit next to a friend, I am sure that you can score some excellent tickets. You can also make some excellent single serving friends this way.