I Apologize Profusely

Comments

• you are so nice person,and feel to ask sorry in public, even i dont know what you talking about,tells me what a great person you are...great attitude
    +1 I have never seen you be anything but NICE and supportive..
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Why not just delete the statements you thought were offensive?

I hate when people do that. It's the coward way

This doesn't apply to Shimmy Mommy, since her posts were in fun and not to offend

But give me a break. If you fuck up, live with it. Maybe explain yourself..... Don't erase things

Same goes with changing your board name because you've been an ass( *81 and a few others exempt, they are for humors sake ;) )

Let's all think before we post, or have some nuts
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    :yawn: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

did you set anyone on fire, run them over several times with a tank then drown them? no.

then stop it... stop with the i am so sorry bit.
    you need roughed up a bit.
    hhhmmmmm
    now go outside and crash your bicycle like a little kid.
    scraped up elbows and knees.
    and say, "ouch, that fucking hurt, son of a bitch"

dunkman is the only one allowed to apologize around here, that and eyed and self.
    eyed ran away to be with the bears and mongoose
    they invented apologizing in Scotland
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    first rule of message boards: don't apologize ever

if people get offended then they probably shouldn't be on a message board and have other motives for being offended
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965
    Frankly I'm offended by this whole damn thread. I should report it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

This doesn't apply to Shimmy Mommy, since her posts were in fun and not to offend

But give me a break. If you fuck up, live with it. Maybe explain yourself..... Don't erase things

Same goes with changing your board name because you've been an ass( *81 and a few others exempt, they are for humors sake ;) )

First of all, people can be offensive even if they do not intend to be offensive. That reasoning is the real "coward way".

Second, I did not suggest that she delete the comments instead of apologizing. I meant that she should consider deleting the posts on top of apologizing. Their is nothing cowardly about that. The apology would have shown she was sorry and deleting the posts would ensure no one else would be offended. Deleting the posts would not "erase things" to those who were already offended, just make sure others were not also offended.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:

I'm offended by smoking rats.
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I'm offended by smoking rats.
    I guess you should report it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

First of all, people can be offensive even if they do not intend to be offensive. That reasoning is the real "coward way".

Second, I did not suggest that she delete the comments instead of apologizing. I meant that she should consider deleting the posts on top of apologizing. Their is nothing cowardly about that. The apology would have shown she was sorry and deleting the posts would ensure no one else would be offended. Deleting the posts would not "erase things" to those who were already offended, just make sure others were not also offended.

in all the years i've been here and the amount of nonsense i spew forth only once did someone tell me they were offended by my post...i apologized to them and edited the post...now if they had gone to the mods first i probably wouldn't have done anything

shimmy, reading the posts in question i can see someone getting offended but really it's making mountains out of molehills...in the context of the thread it was fine since everyone else was doing same

i'm still confused as to why the pimp thread was locked...i wonder if i were to start a ice t thread would it get locked since he was once a pimp?
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I guess you should report it.

Nah. :lol:
    norm wrote:
    i'm still confused as to why the pimp thread was locked...i wonder if i were to start a ice t thread would it get locked since he was once a pimp?

Give it a shot! :lol:
    norm wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

in all the years i've been here and the amount of nonsense i spew forth only once did someone tell me they were offended by my post...i apologized to them and edited the post...now if they had gone to the mods first i probably wouldn't have done anything

shimmy, reading the posts in question i can see someone getting offended but really it's making mountains out of molehills...in the context of the thread it was fine since everyone else was doing same

i'm still confused as to why the pimp thread was locked...i wonder if i were to start a ice t thread would it get locked since he was once a pimp?[/quote]

Listen to Norm , Shimmy.

He knows what he's talking about.

He's th enonsense spewing KING!!!!

hehehehe

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I always liked that about a "Locked Thread".

Who here comes across a "locked thread" and DOESN'T say "I gotta check this out".

I always thought it was funny that it's LOCKED.

Yes, the content of this thread that we are drawing your attention to, is so offensive that we will lock it in its offensive form forever. No, you can't change it. We want to keep it like that.

Sincerely,

The Locked Thread Division
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    It's ok we have been waiting for you to join the dark side ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Dang Dang wrote:

Who here comes across a "locked thread" and DOESN'T say "I gotta check this out".

Yes, the content of this thread that we are drawing your attention to, is so offensive that we will lock it in its offensive form forever. No, you can't change it. We want to keep it like that.

Sincerely,

This
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    Dang Dang wrote:

Sincerely,

I click on every locked thread I see :lol: .
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    you should never apologise... ever...

I'm sorry i had to be the one to tell you that.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    it's the internet

don't like it close the browser
  • Okay apology accepted, but never ever call me a Japanese Beetle that is a pimp ever again.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I want to know who was offended. Don't hide behind secret messages.

It's okay, PMs are where it's supposed to be resolved.

...then why create this thread?

:?
    www.myspace.com
  • There's a lot of softies on this forum.

Time for us to sack up and act like adults. Who the fuck gets offended on a message board? If you can't take a post on the internet in stride, you must be a wreck out on the street.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    There's a lot of softies on this forum.

Time for us to sack up and act like adults. Who the fuck gets offended on a message board? If you can't take a post on the internet in stride, you must be a wreck out on the street.

ladies and gentlemen: johnny america! :lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap:

by the way, it wouldn't shock me to see this thread take a turn and get locked eventually. kat loves irony. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • I tell it like it is, bitches.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    this thread blows
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    81 wrote:
    this thread blows

Yes it does
    I'll be back
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I am highly offended by your use of the word profusely.

:lol:
    :lol:
    that's what i was going to say
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Dang Dang wrote:

Sincerely,

I click on every locked thread I see :lol: .
    LMAO I think we all do.. it'sd like a car wreck, we all gotta see what happened!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,722
    I just posted something elsewhere that seems to have really offended someone. I was merely relating my experience of something and yet somehow elicited someone's ire. I enjoy most of the discussion- fun or serious- on the PJ forum but two things I don't understand:

1) Why do people so often get defensive and bite back when they read something they don't agree with? I'm not talking about when someone presents a counter arguement, I mean just being attacking in response.

2) Why is there so much agressive posting here on the PJ forum? Whenever I see an attack post I think- isn't this counter to the Pearl Jam vibe in general? I've seen many posts here that one might expect to see on, say, a Ted Nugent forum but not here.

Throw Down Your Arms.

Love and Only Love.

What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    brianlux wrote:
    Tons of things ... like this guy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1yWTLX11XehxVtmgx5hzRwEdTIRhvKKzEvcmzCwOIpflYWwekrA

;):mrgreen:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    brianlux wrote:
    I just posted something elsewhere that seems to have really offended someone. I was merely relating my experience of something and yet somehow elicited someone's ire. I enjoy most of the discussion- fun or serious- on the PJ forum but two things I don't understand:

1) Why do people so often get defensive and bite back when they read something they don't agree with? I'm not talking about when someone presents a counter arguement, I mean just being attacking in response.

2) Why is there so much agressive posting here on the PJ forum? Whenever I see an attack post I think- isn't this counter to the Pearl Jam vibe in general? I've seen many posts here that one might expect to see on, say, a Ted Nugent forum but not here.

Throw Down Your Arms.

Love and Only Love.

People are mean because they can be on the internet.
    They wouldn't treat you like that in person. Unhappy people attack others
    and they do so to make others unhappy.

But there a lot of really loving people here to counter all that,
    the majority of PJ fans are loving and respectful ...
    our OP great example, sincere and kind hearted.
    She was very sorry as you are for any misunderstandings,
    big hearted people, most PJ fans are, as they should be considering who they love...

the best band and group of men out there! Pearl Jam!!