I have an Equity Loan question

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I currently have an equity loan out for a few grand. I noticed that my available credit on my statement indicated that I had about a few hundred bucks left. I just purchased a car and have some bills do, so I called the bank and asked if I could take out money and if it would effect my rate if I did.

The woman looked up my account, said it is an equity line and it would not effect my rate and that I can withdraw money from it. This was on Wednesday as I was on the road on my cell phone. Thus I went to the bank (different bank w/my savings account) yesterday morning and deposited the check into my savings account and went to work.

I was sitting in traffic last night and checked my home voicemail and noticed that the woman left a message on my house phone voicemail (that I hardly ever check) saying that she made a mistake and that you need at least $500 in your account to withdraw. Well, the check has already been deposited into my account and quite frankly, I could use it. I am almost inclined to call the bank and say that the check is already deposited into my savings account (another bank) and I went with the info that I was told. I just don't want my bank with the savings account to slap me with a fee of some sort that the other bank with the equity line might try to impose. Any thoughts? Should I just wait to see if anyone notices at the bank with the loan?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    call the home equity and explain...they might make an exception, and if they don't pitch a bitch and get them to pay any fee's that you incur
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    call the home equity and explain...they might make an exception, and if they don't pitch a bitch and get them to pay any fee's that you incur

81, do you think that's a good idea? They may try to call my bank or say the check bounced or something if I do it that way? I just don't know which way to go here.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm no banker and don't do home equity.

quite frankly, i have no idea, but imo, common sense says call the home equity bank. imo, communication is better than sitting on your hands and waiting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i don't have any knowledge whatsoever of equity loans ...

but my experience is that the bank will screw you whenever and wherever possible ... your current excuse will hold no water when they decide to come after you ...

yes ... they made an error but in their mind - the phone call to your home vm is rectifying it ...
  • Alright well I talked to the bank and of course the check hasn't cleared yet. They said that they in the Loan Services dept might be inclined to let it clear but there's another department that might not so I need to check back next week. Geesh.