With fans like this who needs the opposition fans....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    wow - what a loser. i've been an eagles season ticket holder since 1989 and the eagles have such high standards and value their fans immensely. they are truly a first class organization and do so much in the community. this person is a disgrace - sue a charity? are you kidding me? too bad she didn't get hit harder!
  • Bint will probably get it too... :evil:
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I thought that when you buy a ticket there is a disclaimer on the back negating the team / stadium of any injuries that incur during a game / charity event so that nobody can sue. Or am I just talking out my ass?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I thought that when you buy a ticket there is a disclaimer on the back negating the team / stadium of any injuries that incur during a game / charity event so that nobody can sue. Or am I just talking out my ass?

It's there but I can speak from experience it holds no water in a court of law. My dad was a part owner of a minor league hockey team and they were sued constantly for stray pucks, sticks, fights in the stand, etc. Usually the courts limited the liabilty to hospital bills and physical therapy if needed. There was never any of the huge "pain and suffering" decisions at least that I remember.
    Pain and suffering is such a load of crap. People use any excuse to get something for free.

I got really bad whiplash when I was a kid at an amusement park, I actually think my neck nearly snapped but I didn't feel the need to get money.
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Pain and suffering is such a load of crap. People use any excuse to get something for free.

I got really bad whiplash when I was a kid at an amusement park, I actually think my neck nearly snapped but I didn't feel the need to get money.

For the most part. However, I'm all for someone getting something if they deserve it, but in most cases it's just someone trying for a big payday. I still wish I had thought of spilling hot coffee on my lap at the McDonalds drive thru first! :lol:
    Anyone who spills coffee in their lap is an idiot, no offense to idiots.
    VoidOfMan wrote:

As an idiot myself, I'm not offended.
    DS1119 wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:

As an idiot myself, I'm not offended.

At least we can admit that.