Options

The Following States Take Note

petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
edited November 2008 in The Porch
West Virginia
Kentucky
Tennessee
South Carolina (be glad you were included this past summer)
Georgia
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas
Nebraska
South and North Dakota
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Utah
Arizona
Alaska

You voted Red...you wont see a PJ tour...I hope I'm wrong for your sakes but thats what I think....sorry
Shows:
9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    fuck 'em!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Yes, I hope the band generalizes and avoids customers because of political views.

Nothing like alienating a portion of your audience to evolve the fan base.

Great business move, I say!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Yes, I hope the band generalizes and avoids customers because of political views.

Nothing like alienating a portion of your audience to evolve the fan base.

Great business move, I say!

PBM

I didnt say I agreed with it..its just what I think might happen
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    I don't think it will matter now. Hopefully not.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Hey!!

I'm listed here and I know both in our house voted Obama!

Not that I think Wyoming will get a show, but I travel to Utah all the time. I have been wearing my Obama shirts, hoodie and beanie for months now, and believe me, its not an easy task in these two states! Folks turn their eyes away as if seeing the anti-Christ.

I should get a concert in my back yard!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,374
    Poor Alaska will never get a show now....
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    McJuicy wrote:
    fuck 'em!

I bet you still scream "No Goal"...too.

Please dont make this band out to be hippocrites.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    I didnt say I agreed with it..its just what I think might happen

Less money that comes out of my savings to spend on tickets, merchandise and audio/video releases.

Stick to your guns out of spite I say! If you're not with us, you're against us.

Wait a minute...

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Said it before and I'll say it again. I'd much rather travel. The best shows I've been to have been out of state anyways.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    petrocs wrote:
    West Virginia
    Kentucky
    Tennessee
    South Carolina (be glad you were included this past summer)
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Arkansas
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    Kansas
    Nebraska
    South and North Dakota
    Wyoming
    Montana
    Idaho
    Utah
    Arizona
    Alaska

You voted Red...you wont see a PJ tour...I hope I'm wrong for your sakes but thats what I think....sorry

You are correct about no Pearl Jam, but it has nothing to do with politics and all to do with fan base and selling tickets.

Although I would argue that Texas will get some shows.
  • Options
    I don't think the band will avoid these states necessarily...

But it is fun to correlate IQ level to the color of the states ; )

I would be very embarrassed to live in red one....
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I think Texas will definitely get some action because ol' W will be gone and what better way then to rock out on his home turf...I think the south will get their fair share next time around but all in all the biggest markets are up north...especially the northeast (up into Canada: Toronto and Montreal most notably) and then probably the northern part of the midwest and the northwest (also hitting Denver and some Cali shows)...those will be the guarantees next tour but certainly texas will be included along with some other hot spots like New Orleans and ATL.....i think we could see a tour similar to the scale of the 03' tour...unfortunately for the PJ cravings im stuck in IST (although I do love it) and I seriously doubt an appearance here. (although REM was here a month ago and PJ did make it here in 96'!) I could hike it over to some Euro dates so i have my fingers crossed...been to 17 shows in the US and Canada but haven't seen one outside the US...not a big fan of GA though so hopefully there will be something!
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Highly doubt they're gonna skip over Montana.
    I think Jeff would be pissed.
  • Options
    Umm... We(Montana) have been a "red" state for a long while now.

Don't think that will stop them from playing here. There is a certain bass player who is from here... ;)

Let's take a look:
    1992-05-07 Bozeman Montana Gallitan Fairgrounds-We were red for Bush 1 in 1988.
    1993-06-16 Missoula Montana University Theatre, University of Montana-We were blue for Clinton. 1st time in a long time.
    1995-02-08 Missoula Montana Adams Field House-still riding the victory of Clinton. Still a VERY red state.
    1998-06-20 Missoula Montana Washington-Grizzly Stadium-State was red for Dole in 1996.
    2003-05-28 Missoula Montana Adams Field House-State was red for Bush 2. We did elect a Dem as a govn that year.
    2005-08-29 Missoula Montana Adams Field House-State was red fro Bush 2's second term. This show was for J. Tester. A dem from Jeff's hometown.

If anything, this might make them play here MORE. The state was really close to going blue this year...
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    I would be very embarrassed to live in red one....

Not embarrassed. Disappointed? Sure.

I love the red state that I'm in and the people that I call neighbors and friends. We can have disagreements, but still peacefully get along.

PBM

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Stupidest post ever; I am real tired of you stupid liberals
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Stupidest post ever; I am real tired of you stupid liberals
    Amen.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Not embarrassed. Disappointed? Sure.

I love the red state that I'm in and the people that I call neighbors and friends. We can have disagreements, but still peacefully get along.

PBM

Agreed.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    jaamfaan wrote:
    Hey!!

I'm listed here and I know both in our house voted Obama!

Not that I think Wyoming will get a show, but I travel to Utah all the time. I have been wearing my Obama shirts, hoodie and beanie for months now, and believe me, its not an easy task in these two states! Folks turn their eyes away as if seeing the anti-Christ.

I should get a concert in my back yard!

Yeah, my state (MT) is on the list too. Oh wait, we have 2 democratic senators, one of which is good friends with Jeff and who PJ played an incredible fundraiser show for (8.29.05 for Tester). We also have a democratic Governor. I feel confident that we will see PJ many times. Also, I concur with Pissbottleman, PJ supports America, not just blue states.
    I hold the pain, release me!