Options

FREE: Seattle '98 show-specific t-shirt (damaged)

High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
edited August 2011 in Lost Dogs
OK, I wasn't at this show but a relative brought me back the shirt. I wore it a few times, and here's the story.

On the 2003 tour, in a Phoenix hotel, I apparently left this shirt behind the bathroom door when I got undressed to shower. I didn't realize it till I got home. A few days later, I called the hotel and asked if they found my shirt in the room. They called me back, yes they did! They will mail it to me if they charge the shipping to my credit card (and I think they did express or priority or something more expensive than I really needed...)

Anyway, shirt arrives, and the thing they did not bother to tell me is that while they did find my shirt and while they were nice enough to return it to me, someone on housekeeping or maintenance took it upon themselves to use the damn thing as a grease rag OR SOMETHING. It had gray stains all over it. You think the front desk person I talked to that put it in an envelope would have mentioned this to me, right?! I tried my hardest to get them out with goo gone, multiple washings etc... never tried bleach, but it is a white shirt so maybe that would work?

Anyway, I have more than enough PJ shirts that I wear and never do wear, and I'm not gonna figure out how to fix this stained one. So you can try to bleach it, OR if you are a crafty person, maybe cut out the part of the shirt with the design, which is pretty much stain free, and sew it onto a hoodie or other t=shirt like those green/recycled baby clothes companies do. If you want a picture let me know, or if anyone knows how to post a picture here, I'd be happy to email it to you if you could post it. If you just wanna wear it in your garage or use it as a grease rag on your car like the hotel maybe did, it's yours. I'll ship anywhere in the USA for free. If you really want it and live outside the US, the first $5 on shipping cost is on me if you wouldn't mind covering the rest (I could use a priority flat rate envelope, wouldn't be too expensive).

This is the battleship sort of logo, has a sonar targeting thing with Pearl Jam written, then a blue battleship or submarine under that, then Seattle July 21-22 Memorial Stadium/ With Guests: Zeke The Wallflowers Sean Lennon. It is Anvil shirt, size Large, if you actually plan on wearing it and not reusing the design on something else. Same theme as the Ames poster, but does not have the people in it.

If you were AT the Seattle 98 shows, you get preferred consideration... it'd be great to get it to someone who was there... otherwise, probably the first person to post here will get it... IF you actually want it. :roll:
ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Well, I love shirts!!!

...and I would love this one too!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Sea BassSea Bass Posts: 39
    That was actually my first ever PJ show. I'll take it off your hands if you don't give it to the first dude. Could always wear it to the gym if I couldn't get the stains out. Thanks!
  • Options
    this is a really great shirt. I remember trying to buy it from the 10c (vitalogy health club back then) back in 99 or 2000, but they returned my money order because it was sold out :(

luckily years later i found one on ebay!

great offer, itll find a good home
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    i'll take it, if noone else wants it!....good quilt material...(in the process of gathering old t-shirts to make some sort of blanket/quilt out of them)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Glad it will find a home. I like the quilt idea, thought I might do that with some of my many shirts someday... but I think Sea Bass is in the lead at this point. :) I was really hoping to get it to someone who was actually at that show, or was there and wore out their shirt or something. Sea Bass get in touch with me on PM and send your address. I'll mail it the next time I'm at the post office (you are in the States yeah?)!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    7/22/98 in Seattle was my first PJ show, but didn't buy a shirt. I would love to have a shirt from that show. I wasn't the merch. whore I am now. Thanks.
  • Options
    BK5BK5 Posts: 6
    I was at this show!!!
    I would love to get this shirt and see what I can do about the stains.
    I also happen to wear a large T-shirt!
    Let me know what you think and thanks for putting this out there!
    -Brian
  • Options
    Sea BassSea Bass Posts: 39
    Sending PM! Thanks dude! The 98 Seattle poster is my grail. Someday... Until then, I'm pumped to get the shirt!
  • Options
    Sorry guys, Sea Bass is the winner. Cool that so many other people were there though! If Sea Bass ends up hating the stains, please pass it along to one of the other guys who posted here. Thanks for playing! I've posted on so many giveaway threads, it was fun to give something away that might mean something to someone else. Enjoy!