strange coincidences happening to you lately???

rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
You're not alone.

Mercury is in Retrograde:

At 03:50 UT (Universal Time) Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011, Mercury the wise communicator—and universal trickster—turns retrograde at 1°12' Virgo in the sign of the Virgin, sending communications, travel, appointments, mail and the www into a general snarlup!

As a rule, the planets are more emphatic during their retrograde phases, marking periods of seemingly inevitable or fated events that relate to their spheres of influence. By fated events I mean those that circumstances thrust upon us, rather than matters we have consciously decided to implement or resolve. In particular, unresolved issues from the past tend to rear their heads and demand to be dealt with.

Retro phases present us with a series of events over which we seem to have little or no conscious control, relating especially to the sign in which the retrogradation occurs—although this need not mean that our responses are outside our control! By way of example, Mercury retrograde in Virgo (analysis; critical ability) awakens quite different sets of circumstances from those generated when Mercury retrogrades into Leo (dramatic; generous; egocentric).

Many astrologers consider that the "Mercury Shadow" begins between two and three weeks before the actual retro station; so the shadow phase begins this time on July 15, when Mercury passes the point of direct station for the first time in this cycle (see the date for the beginning of each shadow period in the table). Weird things often start to happen then, but the really noticeable peculiarities begin when Mercury slows significantly, a few days before the retro station (August 3, 2011)

In general, Mercury rules thinking and perception, processing and disseminating information and all means of communication, commerce, education and transportation. By extension, Mercury rules people who work in these areas, especially those who work with their minds or their wits: writers and orators, consultants, commentators and critics, gossips and spin doctors, salespeople, teachers, travellers, tricksters and thieves. Mercury also has an occult side, so healing, astrology and the transmission of spiritual knowledge are also in his area.

Mercury retrograde gives rise to personal misunderstandings; flawed, disrupted, or delayed communications, negotiations and trade; glitches and breakdowns with phones, computers, cars, buses, and trains. And all of these problems usually arise because some crucial piece of information, or component, has gone astray or awry.

It is not exactly wise to make important decisions while Mercury is retrograde, since it is likely that such decisions will be clouded by misinformation, poor communication and careless thinking. Mercury is all about mental clarity and the power of the mind, so when Mercury is retrograde these intellectual characteristics tend to be less acute than usual, as the critical faculties are dimmed. Make sure you pay attention to the small print!

The key issue here is one of focus. Mercury's retro phase tends to bring unforeseen changes and blockages, but the aggravation and frustration that many of us experience during these periods is often due to our own inability to roll with the punches.

Mercury sets out to restructure our thinking processes and for many of us this is painful and frustrating. Unresolved issues from the past tend to push themselves forward. Moreover, these experiences reveal flaws in our internal organisation as well as our external planning, which can make us feel foolish and inadequate. Keep your eyes peeled; Mercury's retro period gives us the chance to find out just what has been missed!

Mercury retrograde, like any cosmic aspect, affects people differently, depending on where it hits their personal charts. Some people actually prosper under a retro Mercury, especially if Mercury is retrograde but otherwise well-aspected in their birth charts. Some people even excel in the way they play roulette under a retrograde Mercury! It is also a time when matters begun under a previous retro period will come to fruition, or completion as the case may be. Firm decisions that have been previously made when Mercury is travelling normally through the zodiac may be implemented or finalised while Mercury is retrograde without too much worry, for experience shows that this can be done without undue problems arising.

When Mercury is retrograde, everyone's thinking is more introspective; we tend to think about issues and concerns that relate to the sign involved. With Mercury retrograde this time in critical, discriminating, intellectual Virgo, people with this sign prominent in their charts will be especially prone to such introspection. Virgo is both the night-sign domicile and the exaltation of Mercury, so Mercury here is especially potent and significant. It is a Mutable Sign, so the other Mutable Signs, Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces are also likely to experience considerable conflict between heart and head, along with a good dose of typical disruption.

Mercury turns retro at 1°12' Virgo on August 3, amidst a veritable welter of potent aspects on the day, the most notable being the tight opposition to deceptive Neptune in sensitive Pisces, which is itself in conjunction with Chiron, the wounded healer. Both Neptune and Chiron are retrograde. This aspect advises us not to attempt anything that requires logic and clear thinking, as the relevant information and ideas may be illusory, intentionally deceptive, or even quite dangerous. Trying to make the right decision or to get at the truth is barely possible. This is not the time for travel on water, photography, business transactions (especially those that involve water, drug, or oil-related products or property), or spiritual studies and activities. It's important to resist any tendency to self-pity and despair, even if personal loss or disappointment come up. It would be wise to avoid incurring debt or lending money to others during this phase, which is a time for careful deliberation and cautious behaviour.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    :?
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Thank you for the explanation Dang Dang.

That's why it feels like I am living my own version the movie Groundhod Day lately. :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Foto-Y8X38HYJ.jpg
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    most planets are...
    does this help?

thumbnail.aspx?q=1021819623094&id=a101cf948db8eda3aedc7f487e1dc3ea&url=http%3a%2f%2filluminatingreality.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2010%2f06%2fretro.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    There are no coincidences.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    What?
  • does that explain the chick in New York with the EXACT same spelling of my full complete name and same birthday, that I discovered the other day while opening a bank account?? Oh yeah we both apparently use the same bank too.. and before you say Identity theft, I checked that out already, different social.. but is that not freaky or what!?!?
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    does that explain the chick in New York with the EXACT same spelling of my full complete name and same birthday, that I discovered the other day while opening a bank account?? Oh yeah we both apparently use the same bank too.. and before you say Identity theft, I checked that out already, different social.. but is that not freaky or what!?!?

Something similar... couple of years ago I received a post card in the mail from my credit card company confirming my change of address (one gets sent to the new address, one to the old). Since I haven't moved in eight years, I called them up to find there was someone with my exact name who moved into a place less than two miles away from me. Credit card company updated the wrong account... and with that level of quality customer service, I decided to close my account with them.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    does that explain the chick in New York with the EXACT same spelling of my full complete name and same birthday, that I discovered the other day while opening a bank account?? Oh yeah we both apparently use the same bank too.. and before you say Identity theft, I checked that out already, different social.. but is that not freaky or what!?!?
    :shock: someone's gotta go
    and i am sorry :twisted:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124

freaky...but also different, her screen name is "loud, clappy hands"
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    There are no coincidences.

true :mrgreen:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    It was too much to read... as I am 'studying' atm... But last week, I got exposed to measles... had a blood test and found out I wasn't immune. I had to have a week off work just in case...

SO I then get a cough and a cold (the first symptoms) I start to think 'oh shit, I think it is just a cough and a cold, nothing more, I will wait for more symptoms rash and fever'

So it has been the worst cough I have ever had I reckon, but definitely no measles but one hell of a strange coincidence. And an absolute bitch that my enforced week of sick leave that I was going to use to just workout and other stuff has been spent fighting illness... doh!!!
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Actually, nice coincidences have been happening to me lately.

And, this is how I like it! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    pjfan31 wrote:
    It was too much to read... as I am 'studying' atm... But last week, I got exposed to measles... had a blood test and found out I wasn't immune. I had to have a week off work just in case...

SO I then get a cough and a cold (the first symptoms) I start to think 'oh shit, I think it is just a cough and a cold, nothing more, I will wait for more symptoms rash and fever'

So it has been the worst cough I have ever had I reckon, but definitely no measles but one hell of a strange coincidence. And an absolute bitch that my enforced week of sick leave that I was going to use to just workout and other stuff has been spent fighting illness... doh!!!

Wait another week. Seriously. It took two weeks for me to show signs when I was exposed to Rubella. yup, German Measles. Look on the bright side, if you do get it, which I hope you don't, you will be immune for life.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    it's been two weeks tomorrow since my last contact with the lady... so, I am free to roam... infact, it is a lovely winters day in sydney, so I am going to go for a drive soon... :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    it's been two weeks tomorrow since my last contact with the lady... so, I am free to roam... infact, it is a lovely winters day in sydney, so I am going to go for a drive soon... :)

:thumbup: then that's awesome!!! ROAM FREE!!! :mrgreen:
  • Dang Dang wrote:

freaky...but also different, her screen name is "loud, clappy hands"
    LMAO too funny!!
  • chadwick wrote:
    :shock: someone's gotta go
    and i am sorry :twisted:
    ha ha!!!
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009

Same thing happened to my wife when we tried to drive into Canada. Had us stop and ask her name, birthday, where she was born, if she is bringing a firearm into the country, if she's ever been to Minnesota (no on that), if she has a tattoo on her left shoulder, no to that but yes to a tattoo on her right shoulder. Wife asks, "how did you know that?" Then the guard finally says, "oh..you're not black." Find out that a girl with the same name, birthday and place of birth has a weapons charge and that's why they were questioning her. He social was one number off too I think.
  • they say everyone in the world has a double..now if I find out this chick is a TC Member, I'm gonna have to kill her!!LMAO J/K.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Thanks for the post OP! Very interesting. ..this probably explains why I have been getting the run around for 2 weeks. :?
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    i don't know if anybody else did this or got there tickets to PJ20 but I already had mine not from the ten club, that was a mess. I am not blaming anybody I swear. I spent a lot of money on this trip tickets from these outlit places, I have 3 for Sunday show, well make it 5 now. I had a knock on my door ups thought ok I didnt order anything what is this? Saw it said seats so I was like ok finally my sat ticket has arrived. I open this sealed ups letter with my name on it, shipped 2 day air. I still cant believe this, pj karma I don't know. If somebody is playing a trick on me they went to a lot of trouble! I pull out a parking pass first, wtf I didnt order these dig deeper 2 tix vip tix at that for sat night. I am flipping out by now vip been trying to find the money to get closer cause of the importance of this gig.I didnt think they were giving away free tickets. Im still flipping out today and this happened on Sat. Or am I dreaming or dead or what? Cause there were 2 letters one dated the 3rd one dated the 4th, yea 4 vip tickets and parking pass for free. All my friends are like you deserve this as much money youve spent chasing this band around, since they want ever tour the south. I had to tell somebody, I don't want to but I am about to call and see if this is the real deal, I don't want to get all the way up there and can't get in. If they are any single ladies out there want to go? jk that would be really weird if I met a single girl that was cool and liked pj then the world would have to be coming to an end!!!!!!!
    until next time......
    jopetto75 wrote:
    i don't know if anybody else did this or got there tickets to PJ20 but I already had mine not from the ten club, that was a mess. I am not blaming anybody I swear. I spent a lot of money on this trip tickets from these outlit places, I have 3 for Sunday show, well make it 5 now. I had a knock on my door ups thought ok I didnt order anything what is this? Saw it said seats so I was like ok finally my sat ticket has arrived. I open this sealed ups letter with my name on it, shipped 2 day air. I still cant believe this, pj karma I don't know. If somebody is playing a trick on me they went to a lot of trouble! I pull out a parking pass first, wtf I didnt order these dig deeper 2 tix vip tix at that for sat night. I am flipping out by now vip been trying to find the money to get closer cause of the importance of this gig.I didnt think they were giving away free tickets. Im still flipping out today and this happened on Sat. Or am I dreaming or dead or what? Cause there were 2 letters one dated the 3rd one dated the 4th, yea 4 vip tickets and parking pass for free. All my friends are like you deserve this as much money youve spent chasing this band around, since they want ever tour the south. I had to tell somebody, I don't want to but I am about to call and see if this is the real deal, I don't want to get all the way up there and can't get in. If they are any single ladies out there want to go? jk that would be really weird if I met a single girl that was cool and liked pj then the world would have to be coming to an end!!!!!!!

Now that is awesome news! ENJOY!!
  • sweet!!! Hope they say it's for real for ya!!! How cool would that BE?!!?!?