Options

Hangover Cures?

Comments

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    a large glass of vodka with a splash of gatorade
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    drink lots of water before going to bed, and mix a water in between every 2 beers/drinks or so

sure you'll have to pee/break the seal, but it beats the fucking mini-me inside your head pounding nails into your skull

but the best cure....don't drink so much

hangovers are all about hydration
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Apparently I fell asleep on a trampoline at 5am on Sunday morning. No wonder I had a two day hangover.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i agree with the bloody mary to help me feel better after a rough night.. absolute peppar and major peters. i also used to do a redeye in the morning back in college, a beer with tomato juice. aside from those things the only thing that really works for me is sleep. it takes an hour for your liver to process every drink you take, so if you drink 6 beers in 2 hours it is going to take you up to 3 hours from your last beer before you are not drunk anymore. then the hangover starts.

having been a professiol drinker at one point the water between every one or two drinks works well too to avoid them. i just avoid my beloved jagerbombs and other shots while drinking beer. the mixture is what kills me every time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    all good advice in here..
    I dont know if they have this in China, but I drink an Arizona Sweet Tea and it works miracles. I also jump in the ocean swim underwater for a bit. I find that sometimes laying down is good, but other times, if I keep moving, it goes away a little faster.

Oh, and while you're drinking, take in some water and eat a piece of bread before you go to sleep....then again, if you feel asleep on a trampoline at 5am, I doubt you were considering those options! ;)

feel better bro.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    also, don't drink cheap shit. the extra impurities will fog you longer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Never tried it but I've always heard a bowl of menudo.
    They probably don't have that in China. :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Multivitamin before bed, lots of water.

Vodka gives me less of a hangover as well.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Yep drink good alcohol not cheap shit , and drinks lots of water and tylenol before hitting the sack ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Yep drink good alcohol not cheap shit , and drinks lots of water and tylenol before hitting the sack ...

No Tylenol!

Ibuprofen.

Acetaminophen + alcohol + liver = not good...
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    81 wrote:

:sick: I try not to drink any kind of shit, cheap or otherwise.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Claireack wrote:
    81 wrote:

I drink crap all the time.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Claireack wrote:
    81 wrote:

I drink crap all the time.
    :thumbup: Crap Rules
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Bacon
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Drink water while drinking booze.

A jump in the ocean and a run, in either order, do wonders. I also recommend a pedialyte pop before bed and first thing when you wake up. Sleep does a body good.

I also make cocktails with gatorade. Whiskey and lemon gatorade are a nice combo. Vodka and soda with any kind of gatorade will do a body good. Drink that shit all night and you will feel like roses in the morning.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Peyote and Fireworks.. cures all.. ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Stick to the same drink all night, don't do any shots, and drink water in between drinks.

Of course I never stick to my own advice, so on hangover day just start drinking again. Always sobers me right up :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312

No Tylenol!

Ibuprofen.

Acetaminophen + alcohol + liver = not good...

Correct my bad the DR has spoken Ibuprofen is what has been prescribed ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    advil
    water
    exercise
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Sadly there is not true cure, only prevention.

The best thing you can do is to drink a bunch of water and take a B-complex vitamin before going to bed. Why a B-complex? Turns out that when you body metabolizes ethanol (CH3-CH2-OH), it converts it into an aldehyde. That simple aldehyde is what causes the awful feeling. The B-vitamin essentially chemically alters the aldehyde into two components...one being the conversion back to ethanol...which you'll urinate out in the morning. The more of that aldehyde in the system, the worse you feel the next day.
    Also, another biochemistry lesson for the day. When people drink wood alcohol (methanol)...often from home stills or bad moonshine, because methanol is metabolized into a much, much worse aldehyde...formaldehyde, which can cause blindness (it's also carcinogenic), the common prescription for methanol poisoning? Alcohol.
    By giving the patient/subject alcohol, what that does is it allows the insertion of an ethyl group into formaldehyde (CH2O)...which essentially rids the system of the toxic/carcinogenic formaldehyde into a longer chain (and safe) aldehyde that we all experience when we drink too much. The patient will feel like death the next day, but at least they won't be blind!

Anyways, give it a shot. Next time you drink too much, take a b-complex and drink a bunch of water before going to bed. You'll thank me! :D
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    mca47 wrote:

The best thing you can do is to drink a bunch of water and take a B-complex vitamin before going to bed. Why a B-complex? Turns out that when you body metabolizes ethanol (CH3-CH2-OH), it converts it into an aldehyde. That simple aldehyde is what causes the awful feeling. The B-vitamin essentially chemically alters the aldehyde into two components...one being the conversion back to ethanol...which you'll urinate out in the morning. The more of that aldehyde in the system, the worse you feel the next day.
    Also, another biochemistry lesson for the day. When people drink wood alcohol (methanol)...often from home stills or bad moonshine, because methanol is metabolized into a much, much worse aldehyde...formaldehyde, which can cause blindness (it's also carcinogenic), the common prescription for methanol poisoning? Alcohol.
    By giving the patient/subject alcohol, what that does is it allows the insertion of an ethyl group into formaldehyde (CH2O)...which essentially rids the system of the toxic/carcinogenic formaldehyde into a longer chain (and safe) aldehyde that we all experience when we drink too much. The patient will feel like death the next day, but at least they won't be blind!

Anyways, give it a shot. Next time you drink too much, take a b-complex and drink a bunch of water before going to bed. You'll thank me! :D

Wow. Can I hire you to be my drinking coach?!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Multivitamin before bed, lots of water.

Vodka gives me less of a hangover as well.

I was drinking beer, vodka, and whisky, in that order. Not a good combination.

Oh well, If I haven't learned now, I never will. Back on it again this weekend no doubt.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Sounds intriguing. I'll give it a go. Though at the point of falling to sleep/going to bed after a big session, I'm never normally in any sort of sensible frame of mind.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sounds intriguing. I'll give it a go. Though at the point of falling to sleep/going to bed after a big session, I'm never normally in any sort of sensible frame of mind.

Yeah, that's usually my problem. It's not until the next day when I realize I forgot to do it...then feel the pain as a result. :lol:
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i went with a Bloody Mary today, it did the trick.
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    Ive found the best thing for me to do is to NOT go to bed drunk. If I fight to stay awake a much as possible, it always helps.

Failing that, I can vouch for the b-complex. I take a double dose and that does the trick when I can't stay awake.

as far as not being in the state of mind to remember, if anyone is like me, i can NOT go to bed without at least brushing my teeth. I can be falling over drunk or in the middle of passing out and I force myself to get up and brush my damn teeth. For this reason, I keep the b-complex right next to toothpaste.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Gatorade
    Advil
    Bagels
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I am fairly certain I am going to die today.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

A little Thirsty Thursday action for ya??