National Bad Driver Week

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,722
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
In light of the fact that several people have nearly run into me this week, one VERY nearly t-boning me and one actually managing to run me and my car off the road into a ditch (thank you, AAA towing), I hereby declare this to be National Bad Driver Week. Free driver's licenses will be handed out all week to the totally inept at your local K- Mart, Walmart and, for those of you in Canada, Dollar Giant.

Happy motoring everyone! :wave:
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    A big F You to those who change lanes without indicating.
    Witnessed it numerous times last week.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I was on the phone to my sis yesterday who was in the car with her husband (driving) and her two sons (nearly 3 and about 6 months) and someone nearly ran them off the road... I heard all this happen

My sis says

'you should have beeped your horn'

her husband says

'you're right, I was too busy avoiding him'

my nephew says

'DON'T YOU BEEP THE (H)ORN AT MUMMY, DADDY!!!' (he can't say his h's)

Hehehe, it was cute...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I am not a great driver - I'll give myself a sticker :(
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    You don't have to tell this guy! He started celebrating early:

http://gawker.com/5826313/your-eight+year+old-son-is-not-a-good-choice-for-designated-driver
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Friday night some clown was parked on the side, than as a get closer, idiot pulls into the driving lane and just stops. I flash my highs and honk twice before he moves.

Yesterday coming home, in the left of two lanes (4 lane road). Idiot decides to not use the left turn lane, but to hit there brakes hard and make a left out of the go straight lane.

And every day, no exceptions, idiots keep turning left long after they get the red.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,722
    oona left wrote:
    You don't have to tell this guy! He started celebrating early:

http://gawker.com/5826313/your-eight+year+old-son-is-not-a-good-choice-for-designated-driver

Crazyness-- although I wouldn't doubt the kid had a good time. I hope he could see over the dashboard!

A little off humor is not a bad thing here. For some reason I tend to get a little cranking when in one week's time a dozen people come close to annihilating me and my car.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.