Babysitter Pay

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The wife and I went out for some dinner/drinks last night. The babysitter watched our 3 kids (6,4,1) for about 5 1/2 hrs and we paid her 14 bucks an hour. I was all for giving her 10 an hour but my wife insisted on 14.

What do you pay on average for a sitter?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i pay like 9 bucks a day
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    i pay like 9 bucks a day
    you babysit yourself?
    who buys your smokes?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i pay like 9 bucks a day
    you babysit yourself?
    who buys your smokes?

:lol:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I have no idea how this is calculated, but here's something that might help:

http://www.babysitting-rates.com/calculator.php
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I have no idea how this is calculated, but here's something that might help:

http://www.babysitting-rates.com/calculator.php
    Came up with 10 bucks and hour. Ha! I'm sending this link to my wife. I'm ok paying 14 an hour for last minute calls, Just not on a regular basis.
  • DR108002DR108002 Posts: 148
    When we had 3 kids (9,6,3), we were paying 10 bucks an hour as well, we have a fourth now (5 mos.) and seems like the supply market went dry! So we've used family, but the website link is tremendously helpful, puts us at 12 per hour now. Thanks for the insights!
    Lukin35
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DR108002 wrote:
    When we had 3 kids (9,6,3), we were paying 10 bucks an hour as well, we have a fourth now (5 mos.) and seems like the supply market went dry! So we've used family, but the website link is tremendously helpful, puts us at 12 per hour now. Thanks for the insights!
    Family is always good. However we almost got into a family war for using someone else's "regular" sitter. It was the most hilarious thing I've ever experienced. Right out of a sitcom.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I pay ours $10/hour for two kids. (6 and 3) But our neighborhood makes it hard to pay waht you want. they tell US how much they get paid an hour. :lol: And don't dare think to use someone elses regular. It's a sin if you do that here. :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I pay ours $10/hour for two kids. (6 and 3) But our neighborhood makes it hard to pay waht you want. they tell US how much they get paid an hour. :lol: And don't dare think to use someone elses regular. It's a sin if you do that here. :lol:
    Haha. Yeah. Normally I wouldn't, But the regular offered. I Said tough shit but my wife was able to get someone else for that night.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i pay like 9 bucks a day
    you babysit yourself?
    who buys your smokes?

:lol:
    i think that indonesian dude buys them for him
    http://youtu.be/x4c_wI6kQyE

when my brothers and i were watched by this one babysitter in northern iowa, her kids (older than us 3) literally tried to hang me. i am lucky to be alive. she was the worst.

had another babysitter who fed us three boys ketchup sandwiches. that's right, ketchup on white bread, the end. (could be why i don't do ketchup on my sandwiches hardly ever)

fuck that. she never watched us again either. i was good at taddle tailing on that stupid bitch.

had another babysitter, a teenager named, Pie. she lived with us as her family was drunk trash living in the woods eating dirt and trout. her family was fucked. she was great.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce