Options

if you had an autographed EV poster

PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
edited August 2008 in The Porch
would you trust it to be left at the framers?
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
— Lao Tzu
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    YES!! Because MasterFramer is a good Guy!!!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    YES!! Because MasterFramer is a good Guy!!!!!

masterframer.com?

I'm soooooo scared of something happening to it.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    unless you are goign to a michael's or hobby lobby, most professional framers also have a small art gallery collection for sale. and their shit is worth much more than an signed poster from EV. EV signed posters are small potatoes for most places in terms of value. find a guy you trust and you're golden.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    i wish i had those kinda problems :) trust no one
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    trust no one

that's exactly how i feel!
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    masterframer.com?

I'm soooooo scared of something happening to it.

http://www.giventoframe.com/

100% Great Guy, many people here would give him a big thumbs up!!

Does great work!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:

Thank you Lizardking!
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364

My framers I would.....:)
    They totally get how fussy and paranoid I am....:)
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    NO WAY. http://www.americanframe.com put in all dimnsions, etc, and they will send it to you for you to simply insert poster.
  • Options
    NO WAY. http://www.americanframe.com put in all dimnsions, etc, and they will send it to you for you to simply insert poster.

HAHA, I see you are from Philly, ME too! We don't trust easy do we? (or is that just me?:))

I'd love to do it myself, i want to double mat it and all that and i'm afraid i won't be able to pick the colors on the comp and also won't be able to frame it properly. (i've never framed anything)

I feel like I'm whining about something small, my husband is ready to take me to a frame shop, i feel like i'm gonna puke! LOL
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Have faith!

I have two signed posters that are hanging on my wall (matted and all that) and I just dropped off a few more yesterday. I trust my framer, they are good people, but I do admit to a moment of hesitancy before I walked out the door. :o
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    yes.
    the framer who frame my posters know nothing about PJ and she frames paintings that are worth 10 or 100 more than PJ/ED posters..
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I would trust mine in a second... She is down the street from me and I have given her a lot of work in the past( I am photographer and get stuff done regularly). She knows I am paranoid with all my stuff so she takes good care of me.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    yoke wrote:
    I would trust mine in a second... She is down the street from me and I have given her a lot of work in the past( I am photographer and get stuff done regularly). She knows I am paranoid with all my stuff so she takes good care of me.

that's the thing if I "knew" a frame shop that was recommended or had a good rep, but I just moved back here a little bit ago after being away for 14 years so I'm kinda gonna have to take a guess. But there is a shop up the street that i believe has been there since before i moved away so... maybe i'll give it a try. (i'm afraid of sending it in the mail too, that they'll lose it, maybe i need to be medicated) :D

Thanx everyone for all your advice.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    that's the thing if I "knew" a frame shop that was recommended or had a good rep, but I just moved back here a little bit ago after being away for 14 years so I'm kinda gonna have to take a guess. But there is a shop up the street that i believe has been there since before i moved away so... maybe i'll give it a try. (i'm afraid of sending it in the mail too, that they'll lose it, maybe i need to be medicated) :D

Thanx everyone for all your advice.

Well drive around see whats around. Go into the shop and see what kinda work they do. Talk to them and get a feel for it. They are artists themselves(mostly) so they understand what you are going thru.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    yoke wrote:
    Well drive around see whats around. Go into the shop and see what kinda work they do. Talk to them and get a feel for it. They are artists themselves(mostly) so they understand what you are going thru.

Thank you :) Good advice.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Ok, I took them to a shop. It's been in business for 25 years and I totally trusted them, so that is a relief, but i kinda let her tell me when would look good so i hope i like it when it's done because it isn't what i would have chosen at all.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    Ok, I took them to a shop. It's been in business for 25 years and I totally trusted them, so that is a relief, but i kinda let her tell me when would look good so i hope i like it when it's done because it isn't what i would have chosen at all.

been there jen...sometimes i come in with ideas from people around the pit or EB, other times, the framer's input helps a lot. i just had my emek wave framed completely based on what my framer thought was good. i was pretty impressed at the time, wasn't something i would have chosen myself, and am curious now what the finished product will look like. post pics when you are done, i'm sure all of us here would like to see it.
  • Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    been there jen...sometimes i come in with ideas from people around the pit or EB, other times, the framer's input helps a lot. i just had my emek wave framed completely based on what my framer thought was good. i was pretty impressed at the time, wasn't something i would have chosen myself, and am curious now what the finished product will look like. post pics when you are done, i'm sure all of us here would like to see it.

i wanted it double matted, she suggested against it and she went with very simple matting and framing so the poster would stand out.

she also commented a number of times on what good quality the posters were. Sorry i keep posting, i'm just excited.
    — Lao Tzu