New and a Half Men

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
i'll watch the hell out of it
jon cryer and angus t jones are a hoot, berta too
and john amos and stacey fucking keach are a riot
and ashton, well, i am female

i still like charlie sheen so
i plan on giving anger management a chance (even thought the movie sucked out loud)
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    John Amos and Stacy Keach need to be used more.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    John Amos and Stacy Keach need to be used more.

Is Stacy Keach the insane neighbor girl?
    I think in the new season opener she will reveal that she had Charlie taxidermied and he is now in her living room next to her other imaginary husband. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Stacy Keach was the father of one of Charlie's wife's and John Amos and him were "Partners".
    Now that i think about it, since Charlie and the Girl are off the show, i guess that means the same for Stacy and John. :cry:
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    have to watch it . there is nothing else on TV .
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    well the first one was decent
    the rest have blown

but last night was hilarious
    even if it was cathy bates as charlie
    it was the funniest one yet
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Where is Rose?!

They are focusing way too much on what Sheldon does for work. He's a freaking billionaire, he doesn't need to work any more.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    mysticweed wrote:

but last night was hilarious
    even if it was cathy bates as charlie
    :lol: was awesome!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I've been watching the show from the beginning, I think close to 9 years now, and nearing the end of the Sheen era I was starting to get a little tired of it. It was just kind of getting stale, so even though I'm not much of an Ashton fan I welcomed the change, anything to shake up a show that was just kind of (in my opinion) going through the motions. There have been a couple of funny episodes/moments since Ashton came along, but it hasn't really gotten better or worse. All the publicity from the Sheen breakdown and Ashton joining the cast may have bought it another season or two of life, but it still seems like a show in the twilight of its run.

I think the show could have survived a cast change like this, if it weren't for the overall premise. It's getting harder and harder to believe that this good looking young billionaire would allow this sad sack and his son to live with him. I also think Alan and Jake have really devolved as characters. Where Alan used to be a pretty likable (albeit pathetic) character, he's turned into a conniving little a-hole. And Jake has essentially turned into a dumb stoner character like Ashton would have played 10 years ago.

I still watch it though, as I have been watching it so long I can't just dump it. And I do get a few laughs out of it, but it's just not nearly as enjoyable as it used to be. I was feeling that way even back before Sheen left, so I don't blame it on Ashton. But where I used to love to watch it and couldn't wait for the next episode, I sometimes let episodes build up on my DVR for 2-3 weeks at a time. As I type this I still haven't watched last nights episode, though the Kathy Bates thing sounds funny.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    I think berta should have her own show....

funny as hell
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I've been watching the show from the beginning, I think close to 9 years now, and nearing the end of the Sheen era I was starting to get a little tired of it. It was just kind of getting stale, so even though I'm not much of an Ashton fan I welcomed the change, anything to shake up a show that was just kind of (in my opinion) going through the motions. There have been a couple of funny episodes/moments since Ashton came along, but it hasn't really gotten better or worse. All the publicity from the Sheen breakdown and Ashton joining the cast may have bought it another season or two of life, but it still seems like a show in the twilight of its run.

I think the show could have survived a cast change like this, if it weren't for the overall premise. It's getting harder and harder to believe that this good looking young billionaire would allow this sad sack and his son to live with him. I also think Alan and Jake have really devolved as characters. Where Alan used to be a pretty likable (albeit pathetic) character, he's turned into a conniving little a-hole. And Jake has essentially turned into a dumb stoner character like Ashton would have played 10 years ago.

I still watch it though, as I have been watching it so long I can't just dump it. And I do get a few laughs out of it, but it's just not nearly as enjoyable as it used to be. I was feeling that way even back before Sheen left, so I don't blame it on Ashton. But where I used to love to watch it and couldn't wait for the next episode, I sometimes let episodes build up on my DVR for 2-3 weeks at a time. As I type this I still haven't watched last nights episode, though the Kathy Bates thing sounds funny.

Good assement...I think the last season with Sheen was terrible. I loved it up until then...I always wondered if he saw that it was losing its luster and thought he'd just go out with a bang. I tried to like the new season with AShton, but I gave up after 5-6 episodes. You're right, the Alan character is so unlikable and unbearable. The whole plot with him going to the mental hospital, and then the incredibly stupid imaginary gorilla friend was the 'jump the shark' moments for me.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I've only watched a few episodes this season. The first few were pretty funny, but it's been hit or miss since then. I've seen some funny stuff but some stuff that's not that great. I get the feeling when I watch it now--even when it's a good episode-- that these are the episodes that will rarely bee seen in syndication (like post-Richie episodes of "Happy Days").