Options

rarest of the rare

pages_in_a_bookpages_in_a_book Dallas, TX Posts: 55
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Hey people! 1st post on the new site...used to be active on the Synergy message pit back in the day with the same username. Say hi if you remember me...who's still around?

Curious about people's favorite "rare songs," the ones that have only been played once or twice live, that aren't on any official albums (like Lost Dogs), but are still official PJ songs. Hearing "Believe You Me" live after 18 years gives me hope that any rare song might someday see the light of day again!

My username comes from a line from "Falling Down" from the classic Red Rocks '95 show. Check it out on Youtube if you haven't heard it. I'm always hoping to hear that one live again. Such a touching song..always imagined it being a prequel to "Release," if that makes sense. [lyrics below]. Some people call it "Fallen," I think, from the Lost Dogs inside cover, but the ten club website has it listed as Falling Down (see the 6-20-95 Morrison, CO setlist, as it is not listed in the Song List archive for some reason).

So, how about you guys and gals?

Lyrics (something like this)
Oh something to remember me by
Oh something to place in your hand
Oh something so you will feel all grown up when you become a man
Oh, i'm falling down, down
I'm falling
I don't know when i'll be up
[?] please remember
Frozen like stone, yeah
You'll be flesh and blood
I'll be gone
Oh just a memory passing like pages in a book
I'm falling down
I'm falling
I'm falling
Don't know if i'll get up
You're a boy
You're a boy [?]
You're a boy[?]
I know why you'll be[?]
Can't guess your side[?]
Oh no, the cry of a newborn child
Can't feel the heat
Of something fresh
Can somebody hide me
I cannot apolo...
I cannot apolo...
I cannot apologize
something to remember me by
1998--Dallas--Knoxville
2000--New Orleans--Memphis--Nashville--Indianapolis--Cincinnati--Columbus--Detroit--Chicago--Eddie at Ralph Nadar Rally--St. Louis--Kansas City--Houston x2--Dallas--Lubbock
2003--San Antonio--Dallas
2020--The Long Road to OKC #20
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Welcome back. That may be my favorite "rare" song of theirs.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,940
    yup thats a great tune. need more moments like that on these recent tours. where you feel they are just jamming and in uncharted territory, lettin the faith in themselves get through an improv.i love the red rocks show (who doesnt) i watch it a lot. possibly my fav jeremy ever. and jack rules too.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    hows about

Mudhoney - Suck You Dry

No time like he present
    To get ripped apart
    Got this burning desire
    Aiming straight for your heart
    Suck you dry
    Suck you dry

With Blood??????? can't get enough
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?