Options

$2 for charity on 10c tix 2008 tour question

luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Does anyone know which organizations this 2$ per ticket for charity went to for the 08 tour?

I looked on pearljam.com and they dont have the 08 beneficiaries listed, just the 06

unless I missed it somewhere?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
www.wishlistfoundation.org
WE WANT YOU!!!!
join the street team
http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anyone?
    any info on this?
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I don't know, but I wish I was the bene. I could use it to pay off my credit cards after chasing the band thru all those states! =P
    Just me
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    For W's 3rd term
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    I don't know, but I wish I was the bene. I could use it to pay off my credit cards after chasing the band thru all those states! =P
    :D
    and to CROJAM
    PUUUHHHHLEEEAASSE
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    It is BS they MAKE you donate 2 bucks. I know it is for a good cause, usually, but is it really a donation if you are forced to do it. Americans are probably the most generous when it comes to giving money to those in need. I should get to decide on who I donate my money to.

That being said, if it means I get to see a PJ show, they could donate the money to NAMBLA, the NAZI party, or the democrats and I would still go.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    4Powers20 wrote:
    It is BS they MAKE you donate 2 bucks. I know it is for a good cause, usually, but is it really a donation if you are forced to do it. Americans are probably the most generous when it comes to giving money to those in need. I should get to decide on who I donate my money to.

That being said, if it means I get to see a PJ show, they could donate the money to NAMBLA, the NAZI party, or the democrats and I would still go.

sorry, i see your point... and not to rag on your country's generosity, but found that statement a little arrogant is all :)

(as of 2006)
    1. Norway (0.20%)
    2. Ireland
    3. Switzerland (just under 0.10%)
    4. Netherlands
    5. Canada
    6. Australia
    7. United States (just over 0.05%)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    sorry, i see your point... and not to rag on your country's generosity, but found that statement a little arrogant is all :)

(as of 2006)
    1. Norway (0.20%)
    2. Ireland
    3. Switzerland (just under 0.10%)
    4. Netherlands
    5. Canada
    6. Australia
    7. United States (just over 0.05%)

not that I dont believe those numbers but where did you get them?

is that govt donated money, private citizens , corporations?

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    4Powers20 wrote:

google search, different ones came up with different orders but mostly the same, with norway or sweden in the lead.

its based on the percentage of the population that donates i thiiiink, correct me if i'm wrong. but obviously norway may not donate as much because they are a smaller country, but the percent that does is bigger sorta thing
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    google search, different ones came up with different orders but mostly the same, with norway or sweden in the lead.

its based on the percentage of the population that donates i thiiiink, correct me if i'm wrong. but obviously norway may not donate as much because they are a smaller country, but the percent that does is bigger sorta thing

But in terms of actual money, is the US first?

• Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    4Powers20 wrote:

The number is the amount of charitable donations relative to GDP, or the percentage of GDP that ends up as a charitable donation. Should include all sectors.
    Here is the most updated info: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_gdp_percap-economy-gdp-per-capita

and, this website is cool if you want more detailed info.

Percentage of GDP is used to create a better/more realistic/truer look at how charitable countries are. For example, if you earned/created a million dollars and donate 1,000 of it, .1% of your earnings were given in charitable donations. Whereas if you earn/create 10,000 and donate 1,000, your percentage would be 10%. Both donors gave 1,000 but one gave a higher percentage of income.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    does anyone have a link for where charities can apply for these funds?
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    i got id wrote:
    does anyone have a link for where charities can apply for these funds?

activism@tenclub.net
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    4Powers20 wrote:
    But in terms of actual money, is the US first?

thats because we are so much more bigger then the other countries listed...not a good comparison in this case.

Contributions per capita would be the best way to judge.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    4Powers20 wrote:

Will people find a reason to bitch about absolutely everything on here? Nobody "makes" you do sh#t, don't buy the ticket!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV